2020 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trevon Diggs with Javon Kinlaw still on the board?

The meltdown will be glorious.
Yea because it'd be a completely retarded decision that only a half-baked front office would make unless Kinlaw has Leary-caliber knees.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yea because it'd be a completely retarded decision that only a half-baked front office would make unless Kinlaw has Leary-caliber knees.
We don't know. If we did, we wouldn't be posting about it on a message board. Every year, us fans swear we know what should be done. Every year, there are players we just know are going to be good that bust. And players we know that just aren't any good that turn into good players.

Every year. And it just makes the tantrums thrown by grown men all the more funnier. Yeah, it's fun to speculate and talk about. But to get angry over it? Come on, now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We don't know. If we did, we wouldn't be posting about it on a message board. Every year, us fans swear we know what should be done. Every year, there are players we just know are going to be good that bust. And players we know that just aren't any good that turn into good players.

Every year. And it just makes the tantrums thrown by grown men all the more funnier. Yeah, it's fun to speculate and talk about. But to get angry over it? Come on, now.
Fair enough but some years we swear a guy will be good. NFL teams pass him over and then he ends up really good in the NFL.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This is easy to say because the draft is largely a crapshoot and we can only see a piece of the picture, but ultimately I'd say that over the years the groupthink on the board has been right more than wrong, especially as far as the first round or two goes. And it's blatantly obvious that teams fuck shit up and make horrific picks constantly, so let's not pretend like every single scout or GM is some arbiter of football knowledge.

Trevon Diggs at 17 would be an objectively horrific pick compared to what else will be available given how inconsistent he was at Alabama and how many big plays he gave up. Sure, he might end up being a decent starter because at the end of the day he's a top 50 prospect, it's not like they'd be taking a guy 3 rounds early, but I bet that 3 years from now we'd regret not taking most if not all of the "board preferences" (Kinlaw, McKinney, Gross-Matos etc.) who are available in that scenario.

Kinlaw in particular unless his medicals are terrible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fair enough but some years we swear a guy will be good. NFL teams pass him over and then he ends up really good in the NFL.
Well, yeah. Because we have the luxury of making our choices from the sidelines by the dozen. If we're wrong, no big deal. No repercussions.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Re: Kinlaw, I wonder if those with medical issues drop this year without the ability for teams to have their own doctors checking things out, and relatedly, whether those with better medical networks/contacts with doctors they know and trust who have done the examinations will have an advantage.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Re: Kinlaw, I wonder if those with medical issues drop this year without the ability for teams to have their own doctors checking things out, and relatedly, whether those with better medical networks/contacts with doctors they know and trust who have done the examinations will have an advantage.
Supposedly it was just tendonitis and he was at the combine where they do medical checks.

Unless it's way more serious than has been reported it'd be pretty ridiculous to drop a guy after he got checked out at the combine just because you can't physically bring him into your facility and do a physical.

It's one thing for a guy like Aiyuk who just had surgery like a week ago but Kinlaw's situation seems very minor.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think Brugler has been especially in tune with what the Cowboys do.

That said, I don't think they are especially interested in Kinlaw. No video conference. We all know how the Cowboys tease their top pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That said, I don't think they are especially interested in Kinlaw. No video conference. We all know how the Cowboys tease their top pick.
Do you think every video call they made is tracked? Not specific to Kinlaw but it's not like an in person meeting which everyone can find out about. I'm sure there are a lot of video conference calls we don't know about. And feankly if I were the Cowboys I'd try to keep the important one's under wraps.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From what I've read they can meet with an unlimited number of prospects virtually but no more than 3 hours per week per prospect.

There's no chance they're posting snippets from every single meeting and it looks to me like they're doing a good amount of bullshitting by posting guys we're never going to take.

I mean the very first one they posted was Hurts, that should tell you alot.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

They didn’t with Morris Claibust.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've read they can meet with an unlimited number of prospects virtually but no more than 3 hours per week per prospect.

There's no chance they're posting snippets from every single meeting and it looks to me like they're doing a good amount of bullshitting by posting guys we're never going to take.

I mean the very first one they posted was Hurts, that should tell you alot.
That was kind of the impression I got. Once I saw the Hurts video conference I assumed we are probably doing a massive amount of these, the majority you will never hear about. I don't think these video conference reports can be equated to the 30 in person visits you got in previous years as some sort of a predictor of who we will draft.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Dallas Cowboys
1 (17) CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
2 (51) EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
3 (82) LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming
4 (123) TE Devin Asiasi, UCLA
5 (164) OT Jack Driscoll, Auburn
5 (179) DS Jordan Fuller, Ohio State
7 (231) OG Cordel Iwuagwu, TCU
:nodno

Top Bottom