2020 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did three mocks on The Draft Network's simulator. No trades. I took the best player at the top of the board that aligned with some of our needs.

Pick which one would you pick?

• 17. C.J. Henderson CB, Florida
  • 51. K.J. Hamler WR, Penn State
  • 82. Kyle Dugger S, Lenoir-Rhyne
  • 113. Leki Fotu IDL, Utah
  • 146. Jabari Zuniga EDGE, Florida
  • 208. Reggie Robinson II CB, Tulsa

• 17. Javon Kinlaw DT, South Carolina
  • 51. Justin Madubiuke DT, Texas A&M
  • 82. Bryce Hall CB, Virginia
  • 113. Michael Pittman Jr. WR, USC
  • 146. Harrison Bryant TE, Florida Atlantic
  • 208. Trevis Gipson EDGE, Tulsa

• 17. Derrick Brown DT, Auburn
  • 51. Tee Higgins WR, Clemson
  • 82. Troy Pride Jr. CB, Notre Dame
  • 113. Jordan Elliott DT, Missouri
  • 146. Jordan Fuller S, Ohio State
  • 208. Kendall Coleman EDGE, Syracuse
They aren't realistic, but I would take both 2 and 3 and run off into the sunset a happy camper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They were all pretty satisfying for the most part. The biggest issue is finding a way to get a good DT and corner at the same time. Both areas dried up quick. Fotu is about the only guy around if you wait. If I didn't take a corner early, they were gone by e fourth. Safeties too most of the time.
I really like CJ Henderson if I'm taking a corner high. But I'm not as big on Hamler and Dugger. I love Hamler as our slot guy but WR in the second round doesn't get me as excited just because Hamler is probably a gadget guy for us. In the Chiefs offense he would be deadly. But maybe things will be different this season.

Dugger is a nice prospect but I'm not in love with him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I let it run a couple automatically and came up with this:

1 - Kinlaw, A.J. Terrell, K'Von Wallace, Nick Coe, Michael Onwenu, Antonio Gandy-Golden
2 - Jeudy, Trevon Diggs, Davon Hamilton, Damien Lewis, Zuniga, James Lynch - this one would blow my mind
3 - Fulton, Reagor, Dugger, Fotu, Anfernee Jennings, Rodrigo Blankenchip

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to see if I could come up with a stud draft with CJ Henderson in the first. Came up with this:

C.J. Henderson, CB
Justin Madubuike, IDL
Jeremy Chinn, S
Chase Claypool, TE/WR
Jordan Elliott, IDL
Geno Stone, S

That was fun. Feel like I loaded up with defense. Stone is a bit of a homer pick but to me he can play special teams and some nickle LBer and box safety. Claypool just seems like a McCarthy big WR who he can use as a TE some.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Looking more and more like Kinlaw won't be there at #17. Henderson with the first and Hamilton or Fotu in the second would probably be a reach, but I'd do it. Both will probably be gone by the time our third round pick comes around.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
which one would you pick?
I wouldn't complain about the 1st(not alot anyway) but would be downright ecstatic with either 2 or 3

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Tried my luck-

17 Xavier McKinney, S
51 Justin Madubuike, IDL
82 Bryce Hall, CB
113 Michael Pittman Jr, WR
146 Jordan Elliott, IDL
208 Braden Mann, P

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ok I tried but I don't really know the players....

17. Jacob Kinlaw
51. Kenneth Murray
82. Troy Pride Jr
113 Chase Claypool
146 Jordan Fuller
208 Jauan Jennings

Ok other than the last pick (which was just for a laugh) is it one that will make you cringe or somewhat happy??

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tried my luck-

17 Xavier McKinney, S
51 Justin Madubuike, IDL
82 Bryce Hall, CB
113 Michael Pittman Jr, WR
146 Jordan Elliott, IDL
208 Braden Mann, P
That site really is down on Elliott.

Cotton

Staff member
Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50: 2020 NFL Draft prospect rankings 3.0
  • By Daniel Jeremiah
  • NFL Media analyst

With the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine in the rearview mirror and pro day season in full swing, NFL Network draft guru and former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah updates his top 50 draft-eligible prospects

RANK

Chase Young, Edge

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Young is a tall, long and athletic defensive end. As a pass rusher, he explodes off the ball and gains ground in a hurry. He uses a quick swipe move and also has the ability to control the wrists of blockers. He can convert speed to power and is effective on loops and games. He does have a little tightness at the top of his rush. Against the run, he sets the edge easily and uses his quickness to slip blocks and create chaos behind the line of scrimmage. Overall, Young is an All-Pro talent, reminiscent of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams.

RANK

Joe Burrow, QB

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:

Burrow has solid size for the position and he possesses many elite qualities. He operates out of the gun in the LSU spread attack and he is extremely accurate, efficient and instinctive. He is very smooth in his drop and he has the ability to process through his reads at a rapid pace. He throws with anticipation and he can naturally layer the ball over and under coverage. He doesn't have top shelf arm strength when driving the ball outside the numbers. He relies more on timing/touch. He doesn't flinch versus pressure when he sees something he likes down the field. If he needs to buy time, he can slide and climb the pocket with excellent feel/awareness. He has a nice burst when he leaves the pocket and he is more than a capable runner. Overall, Burrow lacks special arm strength but his combination of poise, accuracy and toughness is very appealing.

RANK

Isaiah Simmons, LB/S

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS)
Previous rank:

Simmons is an extremely versatile, athletic defensive chess piece. He is a long, rangy athlete who lined up at linebacker, over the slot and in the deep middle for Clemson, thanks to his diverse and unique skill set. Against the pass, he has terrific range and instincts from the deep middle. He has the speed and agility to match up with top-flight tight ends and backs underneath. He is an explosive blitzer off the edge and in through the middle. Simmons overpowers running backs in protection. Against the run, he takes good angles and his speed allows him to make plays from the back side. He will struggle at times if he has to take on blocks on the edge. Overall, Simmons is built for today's NFL and his role could change week to week, depending on the opponent.

RANK

Derrick Brown, DT

School: Auburn | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Brown has excellent size, power and athleticism for the defensive tackle position. As a pass rusher, he has a quick first step and uses his hands very effectively. He wins with a violent club/swim move, a rip move or a nifty up-and-under counter move. Against the run, he easily holds the point of attack. The Auburn product creates separation from blockers with an explosive punch, which allows him to close quickly and make plays. His effort is consistent. Overall, this is a complete player capable of dominating on all three downs. He'll be a difference maker on Day 1.

RANK

Jeff Okudah, CB

Previous rank:

Okudah has ideal size, length, twitch and competitiveness for the position. He is very comfortable and effective in both press and off coverage. He is patient in press and very fluid/smooth when he opens up. He does a nice job of staying on top versus vertical routes and he can locate the football down the field. He has the agility to mirror underneath. In off coverage, he explodes out of his plant and he is a dependable open field tackler. This is a very clean player with a very high floor and ceiling.

RANK

Mekhi Becton, OT

School: Louisville | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Becton is a massive left tackle prospect with a similar size/skill set to former first-rounder Bryant McKinnie. In pass protection, he has surprisingly nimble feet and uses his length to steer defenders. Even when he fails to land his punch, he can absorb rushers with his girth. He needs to improve his awareness versus games up front. He is a dominating run defender and collects knockdowns by the bunches. He latches on and uses his upper strength to torque and toss. He isn't as effective when working in space. Overall, Becton has areas to improve -- mainly balance and awareness -- but he is a rare athlete at this size and his upside is through the roof.

RANK

Tua Tagovailoa, QB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Tua lacks ideal height for the position but he has quick feet, eyes and release. He primarily operates in the gun but he will take some snaps under center. He is very crisp and urgent in his setup. He throws off a firm platform and he spins the ball really well. He always throws with the proper pace on slants and crossers. He doesn't have an overpowering arm but he can still place balls in tight windows. He understands how to hold and manipulate safeties with his eyes. He makes good decisions in the RPO game. He is a nifty runner but he prefers to buy time behind the line and remain in passing mode. He did struggle with identifying some underneath defenders when in the red zone. He is coming off a serious hip injury and that must be factored into his evaluation. Overall, Tua is the ultimate point guard. If he can remain healthy, he has the potential to be one of the NFL's most efficient passers.

RANK

Javon Kinlaw, DT

School: South Carolina | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Kinlaw is a hulking defensive tackle prospect. As a pass rusher, he has a sudden get-off and he's quick to shoot his hands and drive back blockers. He will also incorporate a push/pull move on occasion. He does need to broaden his arsenal of moves, but there is tremendous upside. Against the run, he easily locks out single blocks, but he gets washed by angle blocks and double teams. His effort is solid. Kinlaw showed out against elite competition, but he played down to the level of lesser opponents. Overall, Kinlaw's best football is in front of him and he has Pro Bowl potential.

RANK

CeeDee Lamb, WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Lamb is a tall, lean wideout with top-tier hands, toughness and production. He lines up inside and outside. He is a smooth, fluid route runner and understands how to set up cornerbacks. He also has a good feel in zone. He attacks the ball when working back to the quarterback and tracks the ball naturally down the field. Lamb doesn't have elite speed, but he can find some extra juice when the ball is in the air. He is at his best after the catch, as he consistently breaks tackles and is also very elusive. Overall, Lamb is a polished player who is equally explosive and reliable.

RANK

Jerry Jeudy, WR

Previous rank:

Jeudy is an elite route runner with outstanding burst, body control and awareness. He explodes off the line and uses his quickness to avoid press coverage. His snap at the top of the route is as good as any prospect in the last decade. He has the ability to make plays outside of his frame, but he will have some concentration lapses, which lead to drops. After the catch, he is very slippery and elusive, although he isn't going to break a lot of tackles. Overall, Jeudy is a loose athlete with elite route skills and he should emerge as a high-volume production guy very early in his career.

RANK

Henry Ruggs III, WR

Previous rank:

Ruggs has an unbelievable blend of speed and toughness. He lines up outside and in the slot. He ran a lot of slants and take-off routes in Alabama's offense -- and he was special on both. Ruggs boasts world-class speed -- he truly explodes off the line and after the catch. He needs to continue to refine his releases against press (he gives up his chest too often), but not many defenses will want to take that chance against his speed. His hands are good not great and he does allow too many balls into his chest. After the catch, he runs away from most defenders while occasionally running through them. He is outstanding on jet sweeps and also has kick-return value. Overall, Ruggs has Tyreek Hill-type ability. He will be a matchup nightmare every week.

RANK

Jedrick Wills, OT

Previous rank:

Wills lined up at right tackle for Alabama. He has average height for the position and he's carrying a little extra weight. An excellent pass protector, Wills is quick out of his stance and he's an easy mover versus speed and counters. He is a natural knee bender and he reworks his hands to maintain leverage/control. He is aware versus games and stunts. In the run game, he is at his best when working up to the second level. He also flashes the ability to roll his hips and uproot defenders over his nose. He's never on the ground. Overall, Wills doesn't have the ideal body type, but he has all of the necessary tools to be a 10-year starter at either tackle spot.

RANK

Tristan Wirfs, OT

School: Iowa | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Wirfs is a big, powerful offensive tackle. In pass protection, he launches out of his stance and hasn't had issues versus outside speed rushers. However, he has experienced issues against inside counter moves. He over-sets and struggles to redirect back inside, allowing too many pressures in the games I studied. When he can land his punch, it's over. His hands are so strong and he has the power base to end the play right there. In the run game, he is very strong and aggressive. He creates a ton of movement, but also will overextend and fall off at times. He's on the ground too much. I love his aggressive demeanor, but he needs to play more under control. Overall, I believe he can survive at tackle, but he'd benefit from playing with neighbors on both sides. I think Wirfs has All-Pro potential at guard.

RANK

Justin Jefferson, WR

School: LSU | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Jefferson is a tall, slender wideout with off-the-charts production. He lines up in the slot and out wide. He is an outstanding route runner. He does a nice job getting on the toes of cornerbacks and then creating separation out of the break point. He does a lot of work in traffic and will extend and finish before taking hard contact. He can play above the rim down the field and can contort his body to make special catches. He doesn't have elite speed, but he's plenty fast enough. After the catch, he has some wiggle and will fight for extra yards. Overall, Jefferson is a polished receiver and should make an immediate impact at the next level.

RANK

Patrick Queen, LB

Previous rank:

Queen is an undersized linebacker with outstanding burst, instincts and coverage ability. Against the pass, he is very fluid in his drops and his change-of-direction ability is excellent. He has good instincts to jump routes and he closes to the flat in a hurry. He is a very dynamic blitzer (see him flat-back an offensive guard in the Texas A&M game). In the run game, he is quick to key/read and shoot gaps. He does get uprooted at times because of his size, but he usually finds a way to beat blockers to spots. Overall, Queen is a high-tempo playmaker at the second level and should impact all three downs.

RANK

D'Andre Swift, RB

School: Georgia | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Swift is a compact running back with excellent patience, vision and quickness. On inside runs, he lets things develop before exploding through the line of scrimmage. He has the vision to see and set up second- and third-level defenders. He has make-miss ability in tight quarters, but prefers to drop his shoulder and seek contact. He has enough speed to capture the corner on outside runs. He is a cradle catcher in the passing game, but it's effective. In pass protection, he likes to cut block and he's reliable. Overall, Swift has a similar skill set to Josh Jacobs, and I expect comparable results at the next level.

RANK

Andrew Thomas, OT

School: Georgia | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Thomas is a thick, powerful offensive tackle. In pass protection, he has average foot quickness in his set, but he possesses a powerful punch and strong anchor. He gets in trouble at times because his base is too wide; he lunges and loses balance. He plays with good overall awareness. He is a dominant run blocker. He can uncoil and uproot defenders over his nose and has the strength to wash defenders down the line of scrimmage on down blocks. He is effective working up a level when he can stay on one track, but he struggles to redirect in space. Overall, some teams view Thomas as a guard, but I believe he can hold up at tackle if he improves his balance issues.

RANK

Xavier McKinney, S

Previous rank:

McKinney was an instinctive safety for the Tide and he also spent some time playing nickel linebacker. When aligned deep, he is fluid in his movement and he's quick to key/read and drive on the football. His range is excellent. While he can effectively locate the ball, he will occasionally lose a 50/50 battle down the field. He is a dependable wrap/drag tackler. He has a very good feel as a blitzer, displaying timing and burst. Overall, McKinney is an intelligent, versatile defender and he should be very effective in multiple roles.

RANK

Ross Blacklock, DT

School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS)
Previous rank:

Blacklock is a dynamic interior defensive lineman. As a pass rusher, he launches out of his four-point stance and his bull rush is ferocious. He creates immediate knock-back. He is ultra-twitchy. He flashes a long-arm move where he can jolt, separate and finish. As a run defender, he successfully stacks and sheds single blocks, but he needs to improve his awareness and effectiveness versus double teams, where he gets washed down the line. He does have some durability concerns, but his skill set is special. Overall, Blacklock comes with some risk, but he's worth it. He has the potential to develop into a top-flight interior pass rusher.

RANK

Justin Herbert, QB

School: Oregon | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Herbert has exceptional size, mobility and arm strength. He has quick feet in his setup and he bounces on his toes once he gets to the top of his drop. His motion can be a little robotic at times but the ball comes out tight with high RPMs. He has a big arm but his placement is a little inconsistent. His front side flies open at times, impacting his accuracy. That can be corrected. He has shown the ability to touch up the ball underneath and makes some impressive throws on the run. He is a very good runner. He builds speed and he is effective on zone reads. The biggest area he needs to improve is his lack of anticipation. He waits too long to cut it loose. According to everyone at Oregon, his work ethic and character are off the charts. Overall, Herbert has some special physical tools, but he needs to play with less caution and learn to embrace an attacking mentality.

RANK

C.J. Henderson, CB

School: Florida | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Henderson is an extremely explosive and athletic cornerback prospect out of Florida. He played outside and inside on the games I studied. He is very physical in press coverage, landing a two-hand jam consistently. He is extremely loose and fluid to open up and mirror all over the field. He is rarely out of position and possesses rare makeup speed when he is caught in a bind. You see that same burst when he's in off coverage and the ball is thrown in front. He does need to improve on finding the ball down the field, as he's often a little late to look back. The major concern with this player is tackling. He has way too many misses and that must be improved. Overall, Henderson has some elite traits and could emerge as the top cornerback in this class, but his tackling must be addressed.

RANK

Kenneth Murray, LB

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Murray is an off-the-ball, run-and-hit linebacker. He is at his best when he's free to chase and make plays to the perimeter. He closes in a heartbeat and he is an explosive tackler. He struggles when he has to play off blocks and locate the football through the trash inside, as he doesn't uses his hands and gets swallowed up. He has had some success dipping and slipping blocks. He is very athletic in coverage versus running backs, easily mirroring them in space. He is also a very dynamic blitzer. Overall, I believe Murray would be best served to play outside and off the ball, where he would be afforded clean sight lines to attack with his speed.

RANK

Jordan Love, QB

School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS)
Previous rank:

Love has ideal size, arm strength and athletic ability. He operates in the gun and he's very fluid and smooth in his setup. He throws from a variety of platforms and arm angles. The ball jumps out of his hand. He is at his best on skinny post drive throws and over the top deep balls. His decision making was very concerning this season. He forces too many balls into crowds and he doesn't ever give up on a play -- to a fault. His supporting cast isn't very good, but he still fell into too many bad habits. He uses his athletic ability to escape and extend plays, but there are occasions when he fails to climb and reset his feet. Overall, Love is a raw prospect who will need some time to develop. There is risk with him, but the payoff could be huge.

RANK

A.J. Epenesa, Edge

School: Iowa | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Epenesa is a skilled pass rusher with outstanding size, strength and effort. He has average get-off quickness, but he boasts strong hands, can flip his hips and is a reliable finisher. He has a variety of hand techniques, including a violent club move, swipe move and a push/pull move. He also will flash a long-arm move with his inside arm. He has a great feel when an OT is leaning outside, which creates an opening for his up-and-under inside-counter move. Against the run, he can hold the point of attack easily. His effort on the back side is outstanding, but he lacks the burst to make a ton of plays from distance. Overall, Epenesa has a very high floor as a prospect. He should be a consistent 8-to-10-sack performer at the very least.

RANK

K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)
Previous rank:

Chaisson primarily lined up as a stand-up rusher in the Tigers' defensive system. He is long, explosive and very athletic. As a pass rusher, he relies more on pure get-off speed and athletic ability than technical skill. He is at his best as a looper, where he can find a crease and explode through. He has yet to figure out how to use his length to his advantage on a consistent basis. Against the run, he flashes the ability to stack and hold the point, but he's at his best slipping blocks and creating havoc. His speed and effort show up on the back side of plays. Overall, Chaisson is more athlete than football player right now, but he has all of the raw tools to be a dominant force at the next level.

RANK

Austin Jackson, OT

School: USC | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Jackson brings an intriguing blend of size, athleticism and upside. In the passing game, he has the quickness to easily cut off speed rushers and he plays with good knee bend and balance. He needs to improve on his punch, as he's often late to shoot his hands and gives up his chest, leaving him vulnerable to the bull rush. He flashes the ability to settle down after giving ground, but this needs to improve. In the run game, he has the quickness to reach/cut off on the back side and he does a good job of staying attached on the front side. His overall play strength needs to improve, but he's only 20 years old and that should come in time. Overall, Jackson isn't ready to play at a high level right away, but the upside is tantalizing.

RANK

Brandon Aiyuk, WR

School: Arizona State | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Aiyuk is one of my favorite players in the draft class. He has a solid, muscular frame and plays an aggressive brand of football. He is explosive in his release and he attacks the leverage of cornerbacks before suddenly snapping off his route. Aiyuk doesn't run a wide variety of routes, but he's very efficient and effective. He has strong hands and can finish in traffic. He is at his best after the catch, breaking tackles and making people miss without gearing down. Those skills serve him well as a returner, too. Overall, Aiyuk will need a little time to develop as a complete route runner, but he's a tough, explosive playmaker with added special teams value.

RANK

Tee Higgins, WR

School: Clemson | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Higgins is a tall, long and rangy wideout with elite high-point skills. He uses a quick foot fire to defeat press coverage. He is a smooth, long-striding route runner. He is at his best when on the move: slants, posts and go routes. He lacks snap at the top of his route when working back downhill. He has incredible ball skills down the field. He can elevate and also adjust to the back-shoulder ball. After the catch, he is very smooth and slippery. Overall, Higgins isn't going to do a lot of the dirty work in the middle of the field, but he's very effective on the outside and provides big-play ability.

RANK

Jaylon Johnson, CB

School: Utah | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Johnson offers an enticing size/speed combination for the position. He plays a lot of press-bail technique, but also flashes a firm two-hand jam. He is very fluid to open up and has plenty of long speed to carry vertical routes. He also excels when he slides inside to cover the slot. He was rarely challenged down the field in the games I studied. His ball production was outstanding in 2018 and opposing teams chose to avoid him this fall. He is very aggressive versus the run. He closes quickly before coming to balance and delivering firm tackles. Overall, Johnson is very talented and should be a Day 1 starter outside with the potential to cover in the slot, as well.

RANK

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB

Previous rank:

Edwards-Helaire is a short, compact runner with quick feet, power and prowess in the passing game. On inside runs, he's a quick-stepper with darting lateral agility to slide and avoid contact. He runs extremely low to the ground and is tough for opponents to square up. He drives his legs on contact and pulls out of a lot of tackles. He is quick to capture the perimeter and refuses to run out of bounds, choosing instead to fight for extra yards. He is outstanding in the passing game. He can line up anywhere in the formation and he runs clean/crisp routes. He catches the ball outside his frame very smoothly and he's outstanding after the catch. His ability to start/stop in space is elite. He is rarely used in pass protection because of his value out in the route. Overall, Edwards-Helaire has a very similar skill set to Austin Ekeler -- I envision a similar role/results at the next level.

RANK

Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge

School: Penn State | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Gross-Matos is a tall, long edge rusher for the Nittany Lions. He will stand up on the edge or launch out of his 4-point stance. He is a very productive pass rusher. He doesn't have an elite get-off, but he has very active hands and an array of moves. He has a quick swipe move, inside spin and he can also bend/wrap at the top of his rush. I'd like to see him develop more power, but he still has a lot to work with. He is very effective on loops and games. He does need to improve versus the run. as he sometimes plays too high and gets uprooted. Overall, Gross-Matos offers double-digit sack potential but he does need to add strength at the next level.

RANK

A.J. Terrell, CB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Terrell is a tall, slender cornerback prospect with a strong resume in a variety of coverages and techniques. In press coverage, he uses an effective one-hand jam before turning and opening up. He can carry vertical routes with his speed, but he is a little bit sticky when he's forced to gear down and come back downhill. In off coverage, he has a quick pedal, but there is a brief pause in his plant/drive. He has very good ball awareness down the field. He is a reliable tackler and an outstanding blitzer from the boundary corner spot. He had a rough outing against LSU in the national title game, but was otherwise very steady this fall. Overall, Terrell has some tightness, but he's a very solid player who should emerge as a quality No. 2 cornerback for his drafting team.

RANK

Grant Delpit, S

Previous rank:

Delpit is a tall, fast free safety who also possesses the ability to play in the slot. From the deep middle, he trusts his eyes and explodes to the ball, whether run or pass. He has outstanding range and I trust his ball skills. His numbers dropped this past season, but that was the result of some nagging injuries. He is fluid and smooth when lined up in the slot. He is aggressive as a force defender, but he has too many fly-by missed tackles. Everyone at the school raves about his leadership and intangibles. Overall, Delpit needs to clean up some tackling issues, but he has Pro Bowl potential at free safety.

RANK

Marlon Davidson, Edge

School: Auburn | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Davidson has average height and a thick/square build. He typically lined up at defensive end for the Tigers, but also possesses the ability to slide inside. As a pass rusher, he is devastating when he has a runway. He generates a lot of power in his bull rush and has an array of hand moves he can incorporate on the move. He doesn't have an elite get-off, but he wins in the ways just mentioned. He destroys tight ends with his strength and power combination. Against the run, he uses his length to stack blocks, and his effort to pursue is outstanding. Overall, Davidson has some inside/outside flexibility and his production should carry over to the next level.

RANK

Jonathan Taylor, RB

School: Wisconsin | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Taylor is an ultra-productive running back with outstanding strength and speed. On inside runs, he's sudden, carries his pads low to the ground and shows the balance to bounce off tacklers while keeping his legs alive. He isn't overly shifty, but he avoids taking flush hits and he always falls forward for extra yardage. He has plenty of speed to capture the edge and once he gets in space, he can run away from the crowd. In the passing game, he is very effective on screens, where he can set up his blocks and collect big chunks of yardage. He trusts his hands and attacks the ball when he's out in the route. He didn't have a lot of reps in pass protection in the games I studied. Overall, Taylor is an explosive home run hitter with upside in the passing game.

RANK

Laviska Shenault, WR

School: Colorado | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Shenault is arguably the best athlete in the entire draft class. He is tall with a thick, muscular build. He lined up everywhere in Colorado's offense -- out wide, in the slot, at running back and he even took snaps as a Wildcat quarterback. Shenault isn't a nuanced route runner, but he is a monster with the ball in his hands. He excels on quick hitters, fly sweeps and vertical routes. He has strong hands and his transition into a running back is immediate after the catch. He steps through tacklers and has a burst to finish. He is very competitive. Overall, Shenault comes with some durability concerns and will need time to develop into a fully polished wideout, but he can have an immediate impact for a creative offensive coordinator. He's too big, strong and fast to not contribute. His drafting team just has to figure it out.

RANK

Cesar Ruiz, C

School: Michigan | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Ruiz is an extremely consistent, physical and aware center. In pass protection, he has a tight punch and immediate anchor. His lower body is outrageously strong. He is very aware vs. twists/stunts. He lacks elite foot quickness, but he doesn't have any issues sliding and redirecting to stay square vs. defenders. In the run game, he latches and runs his feet to create movement. He is outstanding on combo blocks, staying under control, locating and walling off linebackers. His lack of foot quickness shows up on outside pulls. Overall, Ruiz reminds me of Travis Frederick coming out of Wisconsin.

RANK

Zack Baun, LB

School: Wisconsin | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:

Baun is a slightly undersized outside linebacker with excellent athleticism and versatility. He spends a lot of time playing over tight ends and gets the best of them in the run and pass games. As a rusher, he has a good initial burst and can really bend at the top of his rush. He has a nifty inside counter move and he can get skinny before closing on the quarterback. He mixes in a stutter/bull rush, but usually stalls out after generating some push. He is very athletic as a dropper in coverage. He is very good as a back-side run defender because of his burst and effort. Teams will differ on where to play him at the next level. He reminds me of former USC LB Uchenna Nwosu, someone whose versatility the Chargers have tapped into. I'd do the same with Baun.

RANK

Joshua Jones, OT

School: Houston | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:

Jones lines up at left tackle for the Cougars. He has the ideal frame and length for the position. In pass pro, he is very smooth and efficient in his set. He isn't overly explosive but he has enough foot quicks to kick out and cover up speed rushes. He has a firm punch and he does a nice job replacing his hands when they get knocked down. He does play a little high and that impacts his ability to redirect versus up-and-under moves. In the run game, he can create movement on down blocks and he is effective at the second level. He shows awareness against both run and pass. Overall, Jones has some games where he looks like a top-15 player (see Oklahoma), but he needs to play with better knee bend on a consistent basis. He should be a solid, dependable starter early in his career.

RANK

J.K. Dobbins, RB

Previous rank:

Dobbins is a compact running back with tremendous power, balance and instincts. He is at his best on inside runs. He doesn't hesitate, accelerating into contact and breaking a ton of tackles. He has a nifty inside spin move and can make second- and third-level defenders miss in space. He has enough speed to get to the perimeter, but he always looks to turn upfield as soon as possible. In the passing attack, he is effective in the screen game, but he has more work to do as a route runner. He had two tough drops vs. Clemson in the College Football Playoff, but he was reliable in every other game I studied. He is very aware in pass protection -- he can drop his weight and anchor linebackers. Overall, Dobbins' game should translate very well to the next level. He'll be a dependable starter immediately.

RANK

Cole Kmet, TE

School: Notre Dame | Year: Junior
Previous rank:

Kmet has an ideal frame for the TE position. He lines up inline and flexed out in Notre Dame's offense. In the passing game, he has good speed and does a lot of damage working in the seams. He uses his big frame to wall off defenders and pluck the ball in traffic (see Georgia game). He isn't very polished or nuanced at the top of his route. He is at his best when he stays on the move instead of working back to the quarterback. He is physical after the catch, but he doesn't provide much wiggle or elusiveness. In the run game, he can effectively shield and wall off at the point of attack, and he takes good angles working up to the second level. Kmet has been the closer on the Notre Dame baseball team and should make major strides now that he's solely focused on football. Overall, Kmet isn't a dynamic player but he's going to get stronger, and I see him as a reliable, long-term starter at the position.

RANK

Kristian Fulton, CB

School: LSU | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Fulton has good size for the position and he's very fluid, smart and competitive. In press coverage, he switches up his technique. He's primarily patient, but he'll occasionally land a quick two-hand jam. He lacks elite top speed and he's had some issues timing his leap on jump balls down the field. From off coverage, he's very aware and shows some pop out of his plant/drive. He is very aggressive in run support. He fights through blocks and is very reliable in space. Overall, Fulton has some flaws, but I'll bet on his intangibles and toughness.

RANK

Justin Madubuike, DT

School: Texas A&M | Year: Junior (RS)
Previous rank:

Madubuike is a strong, versatile defensive lineman. He aligns at every spot along the defensive front, but he's best suited as a 3 technique, on the edge of the guard. Against the pass, he is very quick to shoot his hands and generate knock-back. He has a quick club/rip move and is very adept at working through half the opponent instead of rushing down their numbers. His effort is outstanding. He is a dominant run defender. He excels at stacking blockers, separating and locating the football. Overall, Madubuike isn't an elite pass rusher, but he's impactful and can dominate on early downs.

RANK

Denzel Mims, WR
NR

School: Baylor | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:
Not ranked

Mims is a tall, rangy wideout with exceptional burst and body control. He uses his quickness and burst to escape press coverage, excelling on vertical routes down the field. He tracks the ball naturally and wins a bunch of 50/50 balls. He will need some time to develop as a complete route runner. He simply wasn't asked to run a large variety of routes in Baylor's offense. After the catch, he is slippery and elusive but he isn't going to break many tackles. Overall, Mims is a big-play generator on the outside and has all of the tools to develop into a complete receiver.

RANK

Neville Gallimore, DT

School: Oklahoma | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:

Gallimore is an extremely twitched up and explosive defensive tackle. As a pass rusher, he explodes off the ball and has strong, ferocious hands. He loves to use his club/swim move and it's very effective. Even when he doesn't get home as a rusher, he collapses the pocket with his raw power. Against the run, he flashes the ability to stack/toss blocks but he also possesses the quickness to shoot gaps and disrupt in the backfield. The biggest area he needs to improve is his finish. He's always around the ball, but the production doesn't match his talent. Overall, Gallimore is going to be a better pro than college player. His arrow is pointed up.

RANK

Jeff Gladney, CB
NR

School: TCU | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:
Not ranked

Gladney lacks ideal size/bulk for the position, but he excels because of his blend of quickness and feistiness. He plays outside and inside. He is at his best in off coverage, where he uses a quick, fluid pedal before efficiently planting and driving on balls thrown in front of him. He doesn't waste steps. He is always in good position, but will get walled off at times by bigger wideouts. When he does press, he usually sits at 2 yards and carries his hands low before trying to catch wideouts and re-route them. His overall ball awareness is very good. He does a good job coming to balance before tackling runners and he's also an effective blitzer. Overall, Gladney needs to get a little stronger, but I love his scheme versatility and toughness.

RANK

Trevon Diggs, CB

School: Alabama | Year: Senior
Previous rank:

Diggs has elite size, athleticism and ball skills. (He also played wide receiver and returned kicks during his career at Alabama.) He uses an effective one-hand jam in press before opening up and staying on the hip. He's fluid for such a big cornerback. It's important for him to stay in phase with the wideout because he lacks elite recovery speed. From off coverage, he reads through the wide receiver to the quarterback and has a good feel for jumping routes and making plays. His ball skills are outstanding -- as you'd expect, considering his brother is Stefon Diggs. He does need to improve as a tackler in space. Overall, Diggs has some room to develop, but he will excite teams looking for a big cornerback to match up with guys like Mike Evans and Courtland Sutton.

RANK

Jeremy Chinn, LB
NR

School: Southern Illinois | Year: Senior
Previous rank:
Not ranked

Chinn is a fun player to study. He lines up all over the field in SIU's scheme. He has an outstanding blend of size, speed and instincts. He is at his best when he's in the box as a down safety/nickel linebacker. He has tremendous range to make plays sideline to sideline. He can locate and play the ball naturally (SEE: high-point INT vs. UMass). He does have a little tightness when he's in space, but he recovers quickly. He is a very firm/reliable tackler. Overall, I believe Chinn is ideally suited to play WLB at the next level. He is exactly what teams are looking for in today's NFL.

RANK

Antoine Winfield Jr., S
NR

School: Minnesota | Year: Sophomore (RS)
Previous rank:
Not ranked

Winfield is an undersized safety prospect with outstanding instincts and ball skills. His movement skills are very smooth and easy from the backend. He does a nice job playing over the top. He keeps everything in front of him, collecting a bunch of picks on tips and overthrows. He also spends a lot of time covering in the slot. He has enough speed to carry vertical routes down the field and he is also an excellent blitzer. As a tackler, he usually comes to balance, settles his feet and wraps up. Overall, there is some concern due to size and durability (missed time in 2017 and 2018 due to injury) but Winfield is a playmaker from the deep middle and his ability to match up in the slot is a bonus.

RANK

Damon Arnette, CB

School: Ohio State | Year: Senior (RS)
Previous rank:

Arnette is an aggressive cornerback prospect with a good combination of size, speed and ball skills. He is very physical in press coverage and has plenty of speed to stay on the hip versus vertical routes. He displays some rigidity when he has to flip his hips and open up underneath. He is very twitchy when he plants and drives on the ball from off coverage. He doesn't have any issues locating and playing the football. He is very anxious to get involved in the run game and has a high batting average as a tackler. Overall, Arnette has some stiffness, but he's capable of playing at a high level in man or zone schemes.

DROPPED OUT: Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyme (Previous rank: No. 43); K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State (No. 46); Bradlee Anae, edge, Utah (No. 48); Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (No. 50).

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Is it me or does Burrow come off as a bit of a cocky jerk? I'm getting a worrisome Baker Mayfield vibe from him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is it me or does Burrow come off as a bit of a cocky jerk? I'm getting a worrisome Baker Mayfield vibe from him.
But recall when Mayfield was drafted, part of his charm is that he had players that followed him.

Mayfield had the world eating out of his hand a year ago and he handled things poorly.

Cotton

Staff member
NFL mock draft 2020: QB Justin Herbert falls out of top 10 in pre-free agency first round
Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz
USA TODAY

Many of the NFL offseason's prevailing assumptions are about to be put to the test in free agency.

As teams wait for the tampering window to begin next Monday and the deals to be announced in earnest next Wednesday, many coaches and general managers have remained cagey about the specifics of their plans. And with the collective bargaining agreement still up in the air and franchise tags yet to be doled out, a cloud of uncertainty has left much of the offseason shrouded in mystery. But much of that might change when some teams address imminent needs with sizable free agent deals, often creating big holes for the competition in the process.

Though the landscape is sure to shift in the coming weeks, here's our 2020 pre-free agency NFL mock draft for the first round:

1. Bengals — Joe Burrow, QB, LSU: After Burrow stiff-armed any notion of controversy at the combine by saying he would play for the Bengals if picked at No. 1, there shouldn't be any lingering drama between now and when Cincinnati makes the selection official in late April. Sure, the Heisman Trophy winner hasn't officially traded in his "Burreaux" jersey for a "Burr-OH" one, but neither side has given any reason to believe this promising pairing won't materialize as expected. Larger concerns might await in free agency, as retaining A.J. Green and fortifying the offensive line would ease Burrow's transition to a Zac Taylor offense that never got off the ground in Year 1.

2. Redskins — Chase Young, DE, Ohio State: February and March are the times to mull far-fetched scenarios, such as whether Washington might actually grab Tua Tagovailoa and cut bait on Dwayne Haskins after only one year. By April, it likely will be harder to envision new coach Ron Rivera passing up on Young, who's widely seen as the draft's top defensive player. For now, it seems reasonable to take Rivera at his word that the team is taking stock of its options — but don't get carried away with the notion of a full reset.

3. Lions — Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State: The idea of working alongside three-time Pro Bowl selection Darius Slay appealed greatly to Okudah, who said at the combine the pairing could be "magical." It's still unclear, however, whether the Lions share that same vision after acknowledging trade discussions regarding their veteran cornerback. Regardless of whether they move Slay, Okudah is the obvious choice, barring a colossal offer from a team desperate to move up to the slot for a quarterback.

4. Giants — Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson: What better way to address a defense that needs almost everything than with a player who does almost everything? An off-ball linebacker isn't the ideal building block for a unit in need of renovation, but Simmons has proven he shouldn't be pigeonholed with such a label. This pick, however, might hinge on whether general manager Dave Gettleman can field an alluring deal to move back and recoup more selections.

5. Dolphins — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: Perhaps no prospect will generate more buzz and speculation over the next six weeks than Tagovailoa. Even with encouraging reports on his medical outlook continuing to roll in ahead of his pro day next month, much will depend on how teams at the top of the draft assess his durability. Given Miami's positioning and overwhelming need, the Dolphins still seem like the most sensible landing spot.

6. Chargers — Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville: Passing on a quarterback would earn GM Tom Telesco plenty of second-guessing, but the Chargers could find another veteran passer in free agency to compete with Tyrod Taylor. If so, securing a blindside protector to take over for Russell Okung might become a higher concern, which might lead them to the massive (6-7, 364 pounds) Becton.

7. Panthers — Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn: Though it's hard to rule out Carolina in the quarterback derby given the uncertainty surrounding Cam Newton, Matt Rhule looks prepared for an extended rebuild. That might portend building up front rather than getting trigger-happy with a signal-caller. Brown would fortify a defensive line bound for upheaval.

8. Cardinals — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma: Despite using second-round picks the last two years to land Christian Kirk and Andy Isabella, Arizona doesn't have much clarity at receiver for its eventual post-Larry Fitzgerald future. Lamb's reunion with former Sooners signal-caller Kyler Murray might make for the perfect pairing for Kliff Kingsbury, who undoubtedly could find myriad ways to utilize a dynamic target who racks up yards after the catch.

9. Jaguars — Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina: Even after casting off A.J. Bouye to the Broncos, Jacksonville shouldn't let its new deficiency at cornerback override the opportunity to land a talent like Kinlaw. With a penchant for creating havoc in the backfield before plays can fully develop, Kinlaw can be one of the foundational pieces this defense needs after shedding several of its previous stars.

10. Browns — Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama: While new coach Kevin Stefanski looks poised to build up a run-heavy, zone-blocking scheme in Cleveland, GM Andrew Berry made it clear one of his first orders on the job would be to enhance protection for Baker Mayfield. Wills, who capably handled pass rushers and plowed huge holes in a dominant 2019 season, stands out as someone suited for both tasks.

11. Jets — Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa: Getting the most out of Sam Darnold and the remainder of the quarterback's rookie contract is imperative for GM Joe Douglas, so his highest priority in his first true offseason must be enhancing the offensive line. Even if the Jets indulge in a high-priced free agent or two, they shouldn't be deterred from grabbing one of the top four offensive tackles in the draft, particularly if the astonishingly athletic Wirfs is on the board.

12. Raiders — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama: In just one draft, GM Mike Mayock has shown a clear affinity for accomplished, pro-ready players from winning programs. The trend could hold with Jeudy, whose three years at Alabama served as a clinic for other receivers on how to create separation from defenders.

13. Colts — Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: Amid speculation from his own ex-teammates and outside observers, quarterback Philip Rivers has frequently been linked with the Colts this offseason. Signing the 38-year-old, however, wouldn't prohibit Indianapolis from using its first-round pick on a passer, particularly if Herbert were to be available. GM Chris Ballard has repeatedly taken the long view on team building, and picking up a rocket-armed signal-caller — albeit one with bouts of inconsistency and questionable decision-making — would settle one of the biggest questions for Indianapolis if Rivers comes aboard.

14. Buccaneers — Jordan Love, QB, Utah State: Coach Bruce Arians and GM Jason Licht's tepid statements about Jameis Winston are potential harbingers for change behind center in Tampa Bay, as the Buccaneers have made it known they at least want to consider other options. Under Arians, Love likely would be encouraged to hone his daring downfield approach rather than suppress it.

15. Broncos — Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama: If Ruggs is still available at this point, John Elway might race to get his draft card in with a swiftness befitting the receiver who ran a combine-best 4.27-second 40-yard dash. Ruggs is more sure-handed and crafty than many receivers with elite speed, and his addition could have wide-ranging effects for second-year quarterback Drew Lock and the rest of the offense.

16. Falcons — K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU: The premier pass rusher Atlanta needs likely won't be attainable in free agency, so the easiest route for GM Thomas Dimitroff and coach Dan Quinn to ramp up the pressure could be grabbing Chaisson, a fluid threat off the edge who could take on a larger role as he becomes stronger and diversifies his approach.

17. Cowboys — C.J. Henderson, CB, LSU: With Byron Jones seemingly having one foot out the door ahead of free agency, Dallas likely will be in the market for a new ace cover man. Henderson's rare physical makeup gives him the tools needed to thrive in man coverage against even the most imposing receivers.

18. Dolphins (from Steelers) — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia: Though not as long or nimble as some of the other top offensive tackles, Thomas is perhaps the steadiest of the bunch and could serve as an anchor for a Miami line that in 2019 yielded 58 sacks, tied for the league worst.

19. Raiders (from Bears) — Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma: A linebacker makeover was overdue long before Tahir Whitehead's release on Monday, and Murray boasts playmaking range that could revitalize the defense if he grows more comfortable in coverage.

20. Jaguars (from Rams) — Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU: Few defensive prospects are better suited for a plug-and-play role as a rookie than Fulton, a refined cornerback who is difficult for opposing receivers to shake.

21. Eagles — Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU: After coming up empty on an assortment of options at wide receiver, Philadelphia above all else needs someone reliable. A trustworthy target who showed off impressive athleticism at the combine, Jefferson fits the bill as a receiver who can be relied on to win contested catches and keep the passing game rolling.

22. Bills — Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado: He could be at risk of a slide in the aftermath of core muscle surgery and several other top receivers building cases for the first round, but Shenault sets himself apart from his many of his peers with his ability to create problems for defensive backs in the open field.

23. Patriots — Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama: As a potential replacement for Devin McCourty or merely an additional piece in the secondary, McKinney offers the reliability and versatility that Belichick demands from his safeties.

24. Saints — Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State: Now that New Orleans' quarterback outlook has cleared up with Drew Brees' impending return and Taysom Hill set for a first-round tender, the Saints can focus on bolstering their receiving corps with Aiyuk, who stretches defenses both horizontally and vertically with his speed.

25. Vikings — Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama: Double the Diggs, double fun. As one of the draft's most physical and aggressive cornerbacks, Stefon's brother has the talent to make his own name on a Vikings team that likely will need reinforcements in the secondary.

26. Dolphins (from Texans) — A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa: A suboptimal testing profile might not bother GM Chris Grier and coach Brian Flores, who should fall for Epenesa's relentless approach to rushing the passer.

27. Seahawks — Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State: Though far from a finished product, Gross-Matos is a tantalizing project for a Seahawks defense desperate for some speed off the edge.

28. Ravens — Patrick Queen, LB, LSU: Nightmares of Baltimore's defensive collapse in the playoffs will be easier to quell if the Ravens grab Queen, whose knack for quickly diagnosing plays and rallying to the ball would come in handy.

29. Titans — Josh Jones, OT, Houston: Though the largest free agency questions will center on Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, Tennessee also might need to replace right tackle Jack Conklin, and the quick-footed Jones might be a suitable successor.

30. Packers — Austin Jackson, OT, USC: Bryan Bulaga and Green Bay might be headed in different directions in free agency, and nabbing Jackson would prevent a further shake-up along the offensive line.

31. 49ers — Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor: With Emmanuel Sanders hitting free agency and Marquise Goodwin on the trade block, per an NFL.com report, the rangy Mims (6-3, 207 pounds) would be an enticing option to put alongside Deebo Samuel.

32. Chiefs — A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson: No matter whether Kansas City brings back Bashaud Breeland and/or Kendall Fuller, a lengthy and athletic cornerback like Terrell would serve the defending champions well both in the short and long term.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
SI.com
2020 NFL Mock Draft 11.0: Three Rounds After most of Free Agency

1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
As expected, the Bengals are listening to trade offers for quarterback Andy Dalton. With Dalton on his way out, the Heisman-winning Burrow is a virtual lock to take over for the soon-to-be outgoing incumbent. Described as “the real deal” after his interview with the Bengals, Burrow threw an FBS-record 60 touchdowns last season and rushed for five more. Poised in the pocket and throwing with pinpoint accuracy, Burrow nearly set the single-season record for completion percentage despite facing seven top-10 opponents en route to an undefeated season.

2. Washington: Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
Perhaps Washington will entice the Dolphins, Chargers or another quarterback-needy team to offer up a king’s ransom for the second pick. If Washington doesn’t trade back, Young makes the most sense here. Closing his true sophomore season with six sacks in the final four games, Young built upon his 2018 end-of-season momentum to set an Ohio State record with an FBS-high 16.5 sacks in 2019.

3. Detroit Lions: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
We’ve expected for a while now that the Lions would trade Darius Slay, and he finally got his wish with a deal to the Eagles. Okudah would have represented a significant upgrade for the Lions whether they kept Slay or not, but now he fills a more obvious need. A complete corner, Okudah has an ideal blend of size, length, athleticism and competitiveness.

4. New York Giants: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Not only is right tackle Mike Remmers a free agent, but left tackle Nate Solder has failed to live up to the expectations of his massive contract. The first true freshman to start at offensive tackle during the Kirk Ferentz era at Iowa, Wirfs showed off his freakish athleticism by leading all offensive linemen in the 40-yard dash (4.85), vertical jump (36.5") and broad jump (10' 1") at the combine.

5. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Tua Tagovailoa’s rehabilitation has been described as being “as positive as possible” throughout the pre-draft process and he has planned to hold a personal pro day on April 9. At this point, it’s unclear how the current environment will impact the evaluation of his progress heading into the draft, assuming the draft dates (April 23-25) remain unchanged. When healthy, however, Tagovailoa throws with a quick release, elite accuracy and anticipation with the intangibles to develop into the franchise quarterback they have sought since Dan Marino retired.

6. Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
As the Chargers move into the post-Philip Rivers era, Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick are the only quarterbacks under contract for 2020 and they are not expected to sign or trade for a veteran quarterback. While Herbert needs to improve his consistency, he has across-the-board plus traits—size, arm strength, mobility and intelligence. Meanwhile, the Senior Bowl’s Jim Nagy called concerns about his quiet leadership style a “false narrative” and said Herbert has “far more charisma than many NFL starters we’ve been around.”

7. Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
The converted safety won the Butkus Award, given to the nation's top collegiate linebacker, but the do-it-all junior is a defensive chess piece that has lined up nearly everywhere. As expected, Simmons tested off the charts at the combine by running a 4.39 in the 40 to go along with explosive jumps at 238 pounds. With sideline-to-sideline range and playmaking ability, Simmons ended 2019 with 104 tackles, eight sacks, three interceptions and two forced fumbles.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
After stealing away DeAndre Hopkins from the Texans, it’s less likely that the Cardinals will reunite Kyler Murray with his former Oklahoma teammate CeeDee Lamb, a prospect that has drawn comparisons to Hopkins. Even though the Cardinals re-signed D.J. Humphries to a three-year deal and right tackle Justin Murray played better as the season progressed, Wills would give the offensive line an immediate upgrade. A two-year starter at right tackle for the Tide, Wills is dominant as a run blocker and his outstanding movement skills should allow him to play either tackle spot at the next level.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn
Only the Panthers allowed more yards per carry (5.2) than the Jaguars (5.1) last season and Brown is a dominant run defender that moves well for his size with the versatility to play up and down the defensive line. Not only have the Jaguars declined the option on Marcell Dareus, but they agreed to trade Calais Campbell to the Ravens for a fifth-round pick.

10. Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Even though the Browns have agreed to a three-year deal with free-agent right tackle Jack Conklin, the team could be in the market to upgrade both tackle spots. Not only is left tackle Greg Robinson a free agent, but right tackle Chris Hubbard graded out as PFF’s 76th-best offensive tackle (among 81 qualifiers) last season. A mountain of a man at 6' 7" and 364 pounds with vines for arms (35 5/8"), the 20-year-old Becton has work to do on technique, but he has unique movement skills for a man his size.

11. New York Jets: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
It’s been a decade since the Jets used a first- or second-round pick on an offensive lineman (Vlad Ducasse, 61st pick in 2010). The Jets ranked near the bottom of Football Outsiders offensive line rankings in both run blocking (31st) and pass blocking (30th) in 2019. The team could use upgrades at both tackle spots even though they agreed to a three-year deal with free-agent George Fant. Thomas was a three-year starter at Georgia with experience on both the left and right side.

12. Las Vegas Raiders: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Darren Waller had a breakout season (90/1,145/3) for the Raiders in 2019, but the trade for Antonio Brown turned out to be a failed experiment. Ending his collegiate career on a high note (6/204/1 vs. Michigan), Jeudy is a polished route-runner that can immediately step into the WR1 role for the Raiders.

13. San Francisco 49ers (via IND): C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
Cornerback Richard Sherman will turn 32 later this month and the team could use an upgrade opposite him. Critics will point to Henderson’s inconsistency as a tackler, which needs to improve, but the former Gator’s impressive combination of size, length, speed and fluid movement makes him a potential shutdown corner at the next level.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
There is “growing buzz” that Love could be a top-10 pick. While it may take a trade up to get him, the trio of teams in the 12-to-14 range could all be intrigued by the quarterback that one NFL head coach called a “poor man's (Patrick) Mahomes.” Given Love’s live arm, plus mobility and improvisational skills, Bruce Arians may be willing to take a chance on his traits as a quarterback to develop behind the soon-to-be 43-year-old new Buccaneer Tom Brady.

15. Denver Broncos: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
Not only did quarterback Drew Lock and TE Noah Fant show promise in their rookie seasons, but Courtland Sutton had a breakout sophomore campaign (1,112 yards). The Broncos could use an upgrade opposite Sutton, however, as no other returning wide receiver reached the 300-yard mark in 2019. Scoring 26 touchdowns in 27 games over the past two seasons, Lamb isn't a burner, but he has outstanding hands, body control and run-after-catch ability.

16. Atlanta Falcons: K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
Even though the Falcons signed Dante Fowler in free agency, the team finished with the second-fewest sacks (28) in 2019 and the team leader in sacks (Vic Beasley, eight) will play elsewhere in 2020. The 20-year-old has elite speed off the edge and came on late—4.5 sacks in final four games—to lead LSU in sacks, tackles for loss and QB hurries in 2019.

17. Dallas Cowboys: Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
Given the loss of Byron Jones in free agency, the Cowboys would strongly consider C.J. Henderson here, if he were still available. That said, it’s possible Kinlaw is the top-ranked player on the team’s draft board. With a blend of size, length, strength and quickness, Kinlaw generated 10 sacks over the past two seasons despite consistently facing double teams.

18. Miami Dolphins (via PIT): Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
With so many needs, the Dolphins can go in a number of different directions. Acquiring this pick in the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade, Miami uses it to draft a replacement from his alma mater. Intelligent, instinctual and versatile, McKinney has experience at both safety spots as well as nickel and tied for the team lead in interceptions (three) for the Crimson Tide in 2019.

19. Las Vegas Raiders (via CHI): Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
In many of the previous iterations of my mock draft, I’ve slotted either LSU’s Patrick Queen or Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray to the Raiders. With Mike Mayock signing Nick Kwiatkowski and Cory Littleton to a pair of three-year deals, the team goes in a different direction with Queen’s teammate. Per PFF, Fulton is tied for the most forced incompletions over the past two seasons.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via LAR): Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
Second-year receiver D.J. Chark Jr. had a breakout 2019 campaign (75/1,008/8), but the team needs more weapons for Gardner Minshew. Few players can match the 4.27 speed of Ruggs, who scored on one of four career touches at Alabama.

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Carson Wentz became the first quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards without a 500-yard wide receiver as the team's wide receiver corps was decimated by injuries. The trio of Alshon Jeffery (10), DeSean Jackson (three) and Nelson Agholor (11) played only 24 games for the Eagles in 2019. Jefferson has outstanding hands, ran a faster-than-expected 40-yard dash (4.43) and is coming off a prolific season (111/1,540/18) for the national champions.

22. Minnesota Vikings (via BUF): Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
One of the youngest prospects in the draft (he turns 21 in August), Queen played his best football down the stretch of LSU’s title run. Queen is a three-down linebacker with outstanding speed that excels in coverage. If this is the pick, the trio of Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks and Queen would be locked up through the 2023 season.

23. New England Patriots: A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
Epenesa isn't a speed rusher, but he could remind Bill Belichick of one of his former players (Trey Flowers). The former Hawkeye wins with a blend of power, length, technique and heavy hands and has the versatility to rush from the inside as well. While he started the 2019 season slowly, Epenesa closed the season strong with eight sacks and four forced fumbles over his final five games.

24. New Orleans Saints: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
With no second-round pick, the Saints may look to trade back here, but adding a playmaker opposite Michael Thomas would make sense. Coming off a breakout senior season, Aiyuk has the speed and open-field vision to rack up yards after the catch in bunches.

25. Minnesota Vikings: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Of the four cornerbacks to play 500-plus snaps for the Vikings last season, three of them—Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander and Xavier Rhodes—are no longer on the roster. The younger brother of (former Viking receiver) Stefon Diggs, Trevon Diggs has ideal length for the position, outstanding ball skills and led Alabama in pass breakups (eight) last season.

26. Miami Dolphins (via HOU): Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Trading Laremy Tunsil has left a void at left tackle, which Jones can fill, but the team could benefit from multiple upgrades to their line. A four-year starter at Houston, Jones has the length, quick feet and movement skills coveted in a left tackle.

27. Seattle Seahawks: Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
No Seahawk had more than four sacks (Rasheem Green) in 2019 and Jadeveon Clowney and Ziggy Ansah are free agents. Gross-Matos has ideal length, a non-stop motor and quick first step and has recorded 34.5 tackles for loss and 17 sacks over the past two seasons combined.

28. Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
After losing C.J. Mosley in free agency last offseason, both Josh Bynes and Patrick Onwuasor are free agents in 2020. A tackling machine for the Sooners, Murray has the non-stop motor and sideline-to-sideline range to become an impact defender in the middle of the Ravens defense.

29. Tennessee Titans: A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
Several Titans corners are free agents this offseason, including Logan Ryan. While he didn’t have a stellar performance against Ja’Marr Chase and LSU in the national championship game, Terrell is a long and athletic corner that should be in the late first-round mix.

30. Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
Outside of Davante Adams, Green Bay has struggled to find consistent production from its wide receiver corps. Few players, if any, have helped their draft stock more than Mims during the pre-draft process. After an outstanding week at the Senior Bowl, Mims ran a sub-4.4 in the 40 with a position-best 6.66 in the three-cone drill at the combine. Per PFF stats, the 207-pound wideout led the nation with 20 contested catches.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
Given the 125-pick gap between this (No. 31) and their next pick (No. 156), the 49ers may be more likely to trade back than to make a selection here. Deebo Samuel had a productive rookie season with nearly 1,000 yards from scrimmage and three 100-yard receiving games from Week 10 on, but Emmanuel Sanders is a free agent. Higgins has strong hands and a large catch radius while wins as a vertical receiver.

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
While UDFA Charvarius Ward is coming off a strong second season, several of Kansas City’s other cornerbacks—Kendall Fuller, Morris Claiborne, Bashaud Breeland and Keith Reaser—have either signed elsewhere or are still free agents. A fluid athlete at 6' and 193 pounds, Johnson has started 29 games over three seasons and has seven career interceptions and 28 passes defended.

ROUND 2
33. Cincinnati Bengals: Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

34. Indianapolis Colts (via WAS): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

35. Detroit Lions: Grant Delpit, S, LSU

36. New York Giants: Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

37. Los Angeles Chargers: Austin Jackson, OT, USC

38. Carolina Panthers: Ross Blacklock, IDL, TCU

39. Miami Dolphins: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

40. Houston Texans (via ARI): Cesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan

41. Cleveland Browns: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin

42. Jacksonville Jaguars: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota

43. Chicago Bears (via LV): Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU