2020 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I kinda like Diggs but in the second or third. Lewis would be yet another injury prone LBer so brace for that one.
I like Diggs as well, but much later than pick #17. I think he has the tolls that with the right coaching and scheme, he can emerge as the top playmaking cornerback in this class. I think he has hands for the interception and playmaking instincts that not everyone has. But his overall game still needs some work. And the fact that he never actually had a workout hurt his stock significantly.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Coincidence that we just signed an Alabama cb and this mock has us going with 2 Alabama defenders? Defensive/coverage change?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
2020 NFL Mock Draft 4.0: Mel Kiper's two-round predictions for Herbert, Tagovailoa, more

• Mel Kiper Jr.Football analyst

Two rounds. Sixty-four picks. Let's jump into my NFL Mock Draft 4.0, projecting first- and second-round picks in the 2020 NFL draft.
We're just over a week away from Round 1 (Thursday, April 23, at 8 p.m. ET, ESPN/ABC/ESPN App), and I wanted to go a little deeper than in my Mock Draft 3.0. You'll notice a few changes in the first 32 picks based on what I have heard lately, and then I predicted picks 33-64, from Cincinnati to Seattle. I tried to fill post-free-agency needs and also follow my rankings to find value picks.

Check out the SportsCenter special around my Mock Draft 4.0 on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN, followed by a replay at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Jump to round: 1 | 2
More coverage:
Superteams
Kiper's rankings | Mailbag
Full draft order | Podcast

ROUND 1
1. Cincinnati Bengals
Joe Burrow, QB, LSU | Highlights
The Bengals are in a great position to reset their franchise and take the Heisman Trophy winner, who is the clear best quarterback in this class. Burrow should energize a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game since 1990. Now, can Cincinnati get anything in a trade for Andy Dalton, or will it cut him after the draft?
2. Washington Redskins
Chase Young, DE, Ohio State | Highlights
Unless Washington trades back to try to add more picks -- and it would take a huge haul, as I mentioned in my mailbag last week -- I'm sticking with Young, a sensational edge rusher and one of the most NFL-ready defenders I have graded in the past few years. Ron Rivera's defense has some talent, and now all eyes are on quarterback Dwayne Haskins in Year 2.
3. Detroit Lions
Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State | Highlights
After trading away Darius Slay, the Lions brought in Desmond Trufant, but he's no longer a No. 1 corner. Okudah could be that guy, and he'd instantly help the league's last-ranked pass defense. Detroit could solicit trade offers to add valuable picks, but Matt Patricia is 9-22-1 in two seasons as coach, so he needs to win now to keep his job. His best bet might be taking the draft's best cornerback.
4. New York Giants
Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson | Highlights
The Giants should take an offensive tackle with one of their first two picks, but I wouldn't pass on Simmons, who has rare athleticism and versatility. Stick him at outside linebacker and let him chase down ball carriers, rush the passer and cover tight ends. Simmons never has to leave the field. New coach Joe Judge will love him.

5. Miami Dolphins
Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon | Highlights
Here's the first curveball of my new Mock Draft. As I wrote last week, there has been some buzz around Herbert to Miami, and it's real. The 6-foot-6 signal-caller has a lot of supporters across the league, and they love his upside and traits. And Herbert doesn't have the durability concerns that have a few teams worried about Tua Tagovailoa's future. On my board, I have Tagovailoa higher, but this is about projecting what I believe teams will do. And nine days from the start of Round 1, I'm leaning Herbert to Miami.

6. Los Angeles Chargers
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama | Highlights
With Herbert going to Miami in this scenario, Tagovailoa is there for the Chargers, and he'd create some much-needed buzz around a team that is competing with the Rams in a huge market. The Chargers also have Tyrod Taylor to play right away, so Tagovailoa could take his time with his rehab from the injury that ended his season in November. If the Chargers decide to pass on a quarterback with this pick, keep an eye on their taking the top offensive tackle on the board.
7. Carolina Panthers
Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn | Highlights
Carolina would probably jump at Isaiah Simmons or Jeff Okudah if either fell to No. 7, but Brown is a great fallback pick. And this is a major position of need for the Panthers, who lost the middle of their defense this offseason (Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler and Luke Kuechly are all gone). Brown is the best all-around defensive tackle in this draft, even if he's not likely to pick up double-digit sacks every year.
8. Arizona Cardinals
Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa | Highlights
As I mentioned in my Mock Draft 3.0, I like the fit of Wirfs in Arizona, because he could start from Day 1 at right tackle and help protect Kyler Murray, who took way too many sacks as a rookie. Arizona could also target defensive line, even after it signed Jordan Phillips in free agency. If Derrick Brown is available here, the Cardinals would have a tough decision to make.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama | Highlights
If the Jaguars are going all-in on Gardner Minshew, they could get him another weapon here. And Jeudy, who had 26 career touchdowns at Alabama, would be a great complement to DJ Chark and Dede Westbrook. He is a superb route runner and smooth-hands catcher who is dynamic after the catch. Jacksonville is another team that is likely to keep a close eye on defensive tackles Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw.
10. Cleveland Browns
Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville | Highlights
Cleveland has a gaping hole at the left tackle spot and a valuable pick to help fill it, either with Becton or another lineman such as Jedrick Wills Jr., who played mostly on the right side at Alabama but has the athleticism to play on the left. Becton, one of my favorite prospects in this class, is a 6-foot-7, 364-pound road grader in the run game who also is light on his feet. Baker Mayfield has no excuse in 2020 if his tackles are Becton and free-agent signing Jack Conklin.
11. New York Jets
Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama | Highlights
I thought about CeeDee Lamb here, but ultimately this class is much deeper with wide receivers than it is with offensive tackles. And if the Jets can get a starting tackle with Wills and address the receiver position in Round 2 (No. 48), that's better than the inverse. They could get two immediate starters in the top 50 picks. According to my friends at ESPN Stats & Information, the Crimson Tide averaged 7.7 yards per rush outside the right tackle in 2019, which ranked third in the FBS. Wills would help get Le'Veon Bell going.
12. Las Vegas Raiders
CJ Henderson, CB, Florida | Highlights
After picking three players in the first round in 2019, the Raiders have two more this year. And just like 2019, they still have needs in the secondary, where they got solid play from second-round pick Trayvon Mullen but don't have much else at cornerback. Henderson would be an upgrade. I brought up the possibility of a quarterback with this pick when I played draft dominoes, and check out Vegas' next pick for more on where I landed.
13. San Francisco 49ers (from IND)
CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma | Highlights
I love this pick for the 49ers, who lost Emmanuel Sanders in free agency. Lamb is a big-play threat and a technician as a route runner, and he'd be a great complement to the versatility of Deebo Samuel. San Francisco has two first-round picks -- it got this one after trading DeForest Buckner to the Colts -- but doesn't have picks in the second, third or fourth rounds, so watch out for a potential trade down to accumulate more assets.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia | Highlights
I'll stick with offensive tackle here, as it is the best way to help Tom Brady and a Bucs team that is trying to win now. Thomas started the past two seasons at left tackle for the Bulldogs, but he was their starting right tackle as a freshman, so he has some experience there. This is too high for a running back, but Tampa Bay could address that position in Round 2.
15. Denver Broncos
Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU | Highlights
Jefferson is one of the hottest names in the draft. After catching 111 passes with 18 touchdowns for the national champs last year, he surprised scouts with a 4.43 40-yard dash at the combine, and I called him a riser. Well, he's still rising. An even 100 of his catches for LSU last season came out of the slot, and that's where he'd fit best for Denver, which has a stud young outside target in Courtland Sutton.
16. Atlanta Falcons
K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU | Highlights
Dan Quinn's defense has undergone several changes this offseason, but there are still holes at edge rusher, cornerback and defensive tackle. And even after swapping Vic Beasley Jr. for Dante Fowler Jr. in free agency, I still look at Chaisson as the best value here because of the upside he brings as a versatile pass-rusher. After Chase Young, he's the best edge rusher in this class.
17. Dallas Cowboys
Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama | Highlights
McKinney called me out last week because I didn't rank him as my No. 1 safety. I have Antoine Winfield Jr. just a little bit higher because of his versatility to play slot corner. But McKinney is the best pure safety in this class, and he'd be a great fit in Dallas, which has some talent on defense but lost starters Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins and Jeff Heath. The Cowboys brought in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix for short-term help, but McKinney could be the future.
18. Miami Dolphins (from PIT)
Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina | Highlights
The Dolphins addressed their defense in free agency, but it was one of the league's worst units last season. Miami gave up 30.9 points per game and had just 23 sacks, which both ranked last in the NFL. So let's continue to help this unit with Kinlaw, who is the best player left on my board. At 6-foot-5, 324 pounds, he could play some nose tackle or slide out to end in a 3-4 defense. With five picks in the first two rounds, the Dolphins can afford to take the best player available and not reach for needs.
19. Las Vegas Raiders (from CHI)
Jordan Love, QB, Utah State | Highlights
Now you'll see why I passed on Love for the Raiders at No. 12. Since I'm not going to predict trades in this Mock Draft, I feel good about Love being here. Now, that could change on draft day, and a team could move above the Raiders to get him. But this would be a coup for Las Vegas, which isn't tied to Derek Carr or Marcus Mariota past 2020. If Jon Gruden & Co. decide to pass on a quarterback, wide receiver is the most likely position for them to target.
ESPN
20. Jacksonville Jaguars (from LAR)
Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma | Highlights
This pick has been hard to gauge for the past few months. The Jaguars have several needs, including off-ball linebacker, defensive line, wide receiver, tight end, cornerback and right tackle. So if I'm giving them a wideout at No. 9, it makes sense to go defense here. Jacksonville brought in middle linebacker Joe Schobert in free agency, but Murray has the versatility to play any linebacker spot. He's a tremendous athlete and tackling machine.
21. Philadelphia Eagles
Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama | Highlights
This pick should be the best wide receiver on their board. Philadelphia doesn't have many roster holes, but there's a big one at wideout. And really, if I'm running the Eagles, I would look at trading up a few spots to get my guy. I suspect they'd be thrilled to get Ruggs, who is one of the fastest players in this class and is underrated as a route runner. This is a team that can win the NFC East again.
22. Minnesota Vikings (from BUF)
Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State | Highlights
As I mentioned in my Mock Draft 3.0, the Vikings don't have much at receiver beyond Adam Thielen. In a deep receiver class, they have to take one here or at No. 25. And in this scenario, I'm giving them one of the best playmakers in the class in Aiyuk, who averaged 18.3 yards per catch (and 31.8 yards per kickoff return) last season. Aiyuk is a great athlete who plays bigger than his 6-foot frame. He has an 81-inch wingspan, which is only an inch behind Calvin Johnson's.
23. New England Patriots
Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin | Highlights
It's really tough to predict what Bill Belichick is going to do in a draft, but we know that he likes versatile front-seven pieces. That's Baun, who broke out for the Badgers last season with 12.5 sacks and 19.5 total tackles for loss. The Patriots lost linebackers Kyle Van Noy, Jamie Collins and Elandon Roberts in free agency, so Baun fills a need. Since it appears New England is happy with Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer at quarterback, I'll stay away from that position.
24. New Orleans Saints
A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
I wrote last week that there is a big drop-off after the top two corners in this class, at least on my board. I have first-round grades on only two corners. That doesn't mean, however, that teams see it the same way, and Terrell has been getting some first-round buzz. New Orleans desperately has to upgrade with young talent at the cornerback position. Terrell is physically gifted -- he ran a 4.42 40-yard dash at 6-foot-1 -- though he had an inconsistent 2019 season.
25. Minnesota Vikings
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah | Highlights
Again, Johnson doesn't have a first-round grade on my board, but with length and athleticism he fits the profile of what Mike Zimmer likes in his defensive backs. Johnson is a bit of a wild card because he played the 2019 season with a torn labrum and had surgery in February, which means not every team will have a full picture on his rehab. He'd be a good fit in Minnesota, which lost Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes and Mackensie Alexander from last year's team.
26. Miami Dolphins (from HOU)
Antoine Winfield Jr., S/CB, Minnesota | Highlights
Winfield is one of my favorite prospects in this class, a Swiss Army knife in the secondary who could play deep safety or slot corner. He had seven interceptions last season, and he's not afraid to tackle, either. The only knock on him is size -- he's just 5-foot-9, which has contributed to injury questions. The last first-round defensive back under 5-foot-10? That would be Antoine Winfield Sr. 21 years ago, and he had a great career. This pick means the Dolphins' first round is done with a safety, quarterback (Justin Herbert) and defensive tackle (Javon Kinlaw). Those are immediate upgrades.
27. Seattle Seahawks
Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan | Highlights
Seattle wants to be a run-first team, and it could upgrade at guard, where Ruiz is my top-ranked interior offensive lineman. He started the past two seasons at center for the Wolverines but is athletic enough to play either guard spot. Since it appears Jadeveon Clowney won't return to Seattle, I thought about defensive end here. Iowa's AJ Epenesa could be a fit.
28. Baltimore Ravens
Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU | Highlights
The Ravens lost a few defensive linemen this offseason, but they upgraded by trading for Calais Campbell and signing Derek Wolfe. What they haven't replaced, however, is inside linebacker C.J. Mosley, who left the team in free agency last year and whose absence was felt throughout the 2019 season. Queen, a run-and-hit linebacker with stellar instincts, could fill that void. With Marshal Yanda retiring, guard is another option here.
29. Tennessee Titans
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State | Highlights
Tennessee added Vic Beasley Jr. on a one-year deal in free agency, but it should still take a close look at the edge rushers at the end of Round 1. Gross-Matos had a steady but unspectacular 2019 season, putting up 15 tackles for loss with 9.5 sacks. He would likely play end in the Titans' 3-4 defense, but he could play outside linebacker, too.
30. Green Bay Packers
Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson | Highlights
If the Packers want to get over the hump in the final stage of Aaron Rodgers' career, they're going to have to give him better targets outside of Davante Adams. Adding Devin Funchess isn't going to cut it. At 6-foot-3, Higgins is a big target who gobbled up touchdowns in college (his 27 tied for most in school history with Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins). He could take some of Jimmy Graham's red zone targets.
31. San Francisco 49ers
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn | Highlights
Since I gave the 49ers a wide receiver with their first pick, consider this two needs filled. The defense had issues on the other side of Richard Sherman all last season, and Sherman is 32 and only signed through 2020. San Francisco has to get younger here. Igbinoghene is raw, but he has tremendous upside. He's also a dynamite kick returner -- check out this 96-yard TD return. As I mentioned earlier, the 49ers could trade down from this pick with teams wanting to get back into the first round to draft someone and attain his fifth-year option.
32. Kansas City Chiefs
D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia | Highlights
As McShay pointed out in his two-round Mock Draft, there aren't many teams picking in the first round that have a hole at running back. Miami, maybe? Atlanta would have been a possibility, but then it brought in Todd Gurley. That's why Swift to Kansas City makes sense here. Andy Reid would get the most of him in the passing game, and Swift could break off chunks of yardage on the ground. Cornerback and guard are also options for the Super Bowl champs.

ROUND 2
33. Cincinnati Bengals
Josh Jones, OT, Houston | Highlights
The Bengals get back 2019 first-rounder Jonah Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with a shoulder injury, so that fills the left tackle opening. But there are still holes at guard and right tackle. Jones started 45 games for the Cougars at left tackle, but some teams think he will move inside to guard. This would cap an ideal top two picks for Cincinnati.
34. Indianapolis Colts (from WSH)
Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
The Colts traded out of Round 1 when they added defensive tackle DeForest Buckner from the 49ers, and the loss of that pick stings less because they have Washington's second-rounder, which comes from the Redskins trading back into Round 1 last year (to add pass-rusher Montez Sweat). Injuries limited top wideout T.Y. Hilton to just 45 catches, and 2019 second-round pick Parris Campbell never got going. Mims is a freaky athlete who will catch a few deep balls from Philip Rivers.
35. Detroit Lions
Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU | Highlights
Matt Patricia really needs to fix the Lions' defense, and Blacklock could slide in as a starter next to free-agent addition Danny Shelton. Blacklock played a lot of nose tackle at TCU, but he could rush the passer more in Detroit's 4-3 defense.
36. New York Giants
Austin Jackson, OT, USC | Highlights
I wrote earlier that the Giants needed to take an offensive tackle early, and Jackson could fall into their lap at No. 36. He played 1,680 straight snaps at left tackle for the Trojans over the past two seasons, but he is still a developmental project in my eyes. He'll take some time to adjust, but he could be New York's long-term starter at either tackle spot.
37. Los Angeles Chargers
J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State | Highlights
This is a great landing spot for Dobbins, a north-south runner who ran for 2,003 yards last season. With Melvin Gordon gone and Austin Ekeler taking over the lead role, Dobbins can work his way into the rotation and pick up first downs. The Chargers have the talent to make a run at a wild-card spot this season -- if they can get consistent quarterback play.
38. Carolina Panthers
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU | Highlights
Carolina is at the very beginning stages of its rebuild, so it needs to take the best player available (or trade down to add more assets). And with an open spot opposite Donte Jackson, that target could be a cornerback. Fulton looked like a future first-rounder at times last season, but he also had some inconsistent games. He is great in press coverage, though, and could be a steal.
39. Miami Dolphins
Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana
This isn't a great class for interior offensive linemen, but Hunt is one of my favorites. He just mauls defenders in the run game. He also has some versatility because he started games at left guard, left tackle and right tackle for the Ragin' Cajuns. The Dolphins had the league's worst rushing attack last season, and Hunt would help.
40. Houston Texans (from ARI)
A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa | Highlights
Epenesa has first-round tape, but he's not going to be for every team. He's not a quick-twitch edge rusher; in fact, at 6-foot-5, 275 pounds, he might be better at end in a 3-4 in the NFL. Still, I trust the tape, and I don't think he'll drop out of the first 40 picks. He'd get to learn the tricks of the trade from J.J. Watt in Houston.
41. Cleveland Browns
Grant Delpit, S, LSU | Highlights
Last year, the Browns got a first-round talent from LSU on Day 2 in cornerback Greedy Williams. In this scenario, an LSU safety with first-round talent drops to Cleveland on Day 2. I thought at one point that Delpit might go in the top 10 picks, but his inconsistency throughout the 2019 season will likely see him drop to the second round. If he can put it all together, he could be a Pro Bowl all-around safety.
42. Jacksonville Jaguars
Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M | Highlights
I thought about defensive tackle for the Jaguars' two first-round picks, but this would be a great draft for them if they can get Madubuike here. After Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw, Madubuike is the defensive tackle with the most pass-rushing upside -- he had 34 pressures and 18 tackles for loss last season. Taven Bryan, a first-round pick in 2018, hasn't worked out, so Jacksonville needs to push him with another young DT.
43. Chicago Bears (from LV)
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame | Highlights
I'm not sold on Jimmy Graham making an impact this season, and neither Trey Burton nor Adam Shaheen has worked out in Chicago. Kmet is the best tight end in an unspectacular class, but the talent is there for him to be a good blocker and receiver. This pick comes from the Raiders in the Khalil Mack trade, and the Bears still have their own at No. 50.
44. Indianapolis Colts
Jacob Eason, QB, Washington | Highlights
Surprised? Don't be. Philip Rivers is a stopgap for a team trying to get back to the playoffs, and Jacoby Brissett is under contract only through the 2020 season. Eason, who has a massive arm and a 6-foot-6 frame, could be the perfect understudy for Rivers. Eason isn't ready to play immediately, so he needs a coaching staff that will be patient.

45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin | Highlights
How about this help for Tom Brady? Ronald Jones II was in and out of Bruce Arians' doghouse last season, so it wouldn't be surprising for the Bucs to target a running back on Day 2. Taylor rushed for 6,174 yards in his career, but he also lost 15 fumbles, and that's how you catch Arians' ire. Taylor's 4.39 40-yard dash at the combine was an eye-opener, though, and there's a chance he's the top back off the board.
46. Denver Broncos
Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State | Highlights
I got Denver a wide receiver in Round 1, so let's help John Elway's defense here. Arnette, who played the entire 2019 season with a broken wrist, isn't as physically gifted as his teammate Jeff Okudah, but he has some potential as a press-man corner. The Broncos get back slot corner Bryce Callahan, who missed all of last season, but they could use someone to make a push for the outside spot opposite newly acquired A.J. Bouye.
47. Atlanta Falcons
Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Keanu Neal, a first-round pick in 2016, has had some horrible injury luck and played in only four games over the past two seasons. That has opened a void at safety in Atlanta. Chinn, who had 13 career interceptions for the Salukis and looked great at Senior Bowl practices, ran a 4.45 40-yard dash at the combine, a fantastic time for a 221-pound defensive back. He's legit.
48. New York Jets
Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Robby Anderson is gone, and Breshad Perriman and Jamison Crowder sit atop the Jets' wide receiver depth chart. Let's give Sam Darnold more weapons so Adam Gase can fully evaluate the third-year quarterback. The 6-foot-4, 238-pound Claypool lit up the combine with a 4.42 40 and 40.5-inch vertical, and he has a high ceiling if he can get in the right situation. He'd get early reps in New York.
49. Pittsburgh Steelers
Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma | Highlights
I was asked last week about the possibility of Hurts going in the first round, and I said that he's likely going on Day 2. Well, Hurts is a hot name right now, and I don't think he gets out of the second round. Coaches and scouts love Hurts' intangibles, and he improved his accuracy in his season under Lincoln Riley. He fits in Pittsburgh, where neither Mason Rudolph nor Devlin Hodges showed much while filling in for Ben Roethlisberger, 38, last season.
50. Chicago Bears
KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State | Highlights
Whether it's Nick Foles or Mitchell Trubisky at quarterback in 2020, the Bears need weapons. That's why I got them a tight end at No. 43, and that's why I'm going with a wide receiver here. Hamler, who is only 5-foot-9, 178 pounds, is explosive in space and can play in the slot or outside. Though he wasn't able to work out at the combine because of a hamstring injury, I feel comfortable saying he's one of the fastest players in the class. His problem last season was drops -- he had nine. If he can get that corrected, Chicago will have a really good player on its hands.
51. Dallas Cowboys
Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU | Highlights
This means I'm going all secondary for the Cowboys, for whom I grabbed safety Xavier McKinney in Round 1. With Byron Jones off to Miami in free agency, Gladney could challenge to start on the outside with Anthony Brown and Chidobe Awuzie. Gladney's 26 pass breakups over the past two seasons were the most in the entire FBS.
52. Los Angeles Rams
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU | Highlights
With Todd Gurley gone, do the Rams really know what they have at running back? Veteran Malcolm Brown and 2019 third-round pick Darrell Henderson Jr. both averaged less than 4 yards per carry in limited opportunities last season. The 5-foot-7 Edwards-Helaire was tremendous for the national champs in 2019, becoming the first player in SEC history with 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions in a season. Give him some receiving reps in L.A. and he'd be a great option for Jared Goff. The Rams also have needs along the offensive line and the front seven.
53. Philadelphia Eagles
Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech | Highlights
I love this pick for the Eagles, who could get an immediate starter at middle linebacker. Brooks, my No. 3 ILB, is a 240-pound tackling machine and sideline-to-sideline defender who surprised me with a 4.54 40 at the combine. I liked his tape, but I didn't know he was that explosive. He could be a menace in the NFC East for years to come.
54. Buffalo Bills
Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame | Highlights
Okwara, who broke his leg in November and didn't work out at the combine, has some versatility as a defensive end in a 4-3 defense or an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He'd be an end in Buffalo. The Bills added veteran Mario Addison to take over for Shaq Lawson, who left in free agency, but there are plenty of reps in the rotation for Okwara.
55. Baltimore Ravens (from ATL/NE)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU | Highlights
Reagor was a touchdown waiting to happen in the Big 12, but he was let down by poor quarterback play last season, and he had too many drops in 2018. Still, I have a second-round grade on him because of his athleticism and ability after the catch. The Ravens have one diminutive speedster in Marquise Brown, but Reagor could provide some pop in the passing and return game in 2020.
56. Miami Dolphins (from NO)
Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC | Highlights
Let's finish Miami's five picks with a pass-catcher to help out Justin Herbert. Pittman has great hands and a 6-foot-4 frame, and his 4.52 40 at the combine was a great time for his size. He's a smooth route runner who knows how to get open. The Dolphins got a breakout season from DeVante Parker in 2019 -- and undrafted free agent Preston Williams impressed in eight games -- but their depth chart for outside receivers is barren after that. And if you're keeping score, that's three offensive players and two defenders for the Dolphins in the first two rounds.
57. Los Angeles Rams (from HOU)
Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas | Highlights
Even after trading away Brandin Cooks to get this pick, wide receiver isn't among the Rams' most pressing needs. But since I don't have an edge rusher or guard with a second-round grade, I'm going to look to Duvernay, a dynamic wideout who ranked third in the FBS with 106 catches and fifth with 1,386 receiving yards while working mostly from the slot. Duvernay also ran a 4.39 40 at the combine.
58. Minnesota Vikings
Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
I gave Minnesota a wide receiver and cornerback in Round 1, so let's fill out the Vikings' list of weakest positions with an offensive tackle. Cleveland, who started 40 games at left tackle for Boise State, looked great in agility drills at the combine and ran a 4.93 40, the third fastest among offensive linemen. He's not just a workout warrior, though; he has stellar tape. Cleveland could be the swing tackle in Year 1 for the Vikings or push left tackle Riley Reiff over to guard.
59. Seattle Seahawks
Ashtyn Davis, S, California | Highlights
A groin injury has limited Davis during the pre-draft process -- he had to skip Senior Bowl practices and didn't work out at the combine -- but the former walk-on is an elite athlete (he was also an elite hurdler at Cal). At 6 feet, 202 pounds, Davis isn't the biggest safety, but he has some coverage traits and instincts that can't be taught. In time, he could also play some cornerback.
60. Baltimore Ravens
Matt Hennessy, C, Temple
With Marshal Yanda retiring, the Ravens will have an open competition for his vacant right guard spot, and Ben Powers, R.J. Prince and Patrick Mekari are expected to be involved. Hennessy, a three-year starter at center for the Owls, could win that job. The Ravens want to run the ball -- they set the NFL single-season record with 3,296 rushing yards in 2019 -- so they need to find a road grader to replace Yanda and keep their offense rolling.
61. Tennessee Titans
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama | Highlights
Logan Ryan is still unsigned, and Tennessee could use an injection of talent at the cornerback spot. Diggs, a converted wide receiver and brother of new Bills wideout Stefon Diggs, is still raw, but he has the tools to be an NFL starter. According to ESPN Stats & Info, Diggs allowed just 30% of passes to be completed when he was the primary defender in 2019, the third-lowest percentage in the FBS.
62. Green Bay Packers
Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton | Highlights
The Packers like 2019 third-round pick Jace Sternberger, but they should add another tight end to replace Jimmy Graham. Trautman, who was the Flyers' scout-team quarterback in 2015, bulked up his 6-foot-5 frame to 255 pounds and developed into a threat with the ball in his hands. He is Dayton's record holder for career receptions (178) and receiving yards (2,295). He needs time to develop as a blocker, but that's nearly every tight end coming into the NFL these days.
63. Kansas City Chiefs (from SF)
Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State | Highlights
The lanky 6-foot-2 Dantzler was getting some first-round buzz last season, but he disappointed at the combine with a 4.64 40, and he could still drop to Round 3. I'd take him here, though, especially for a Kansas City team that lost Kendall Fuller and needs to add more competition in the secondary. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs added another wideout to their corps with this pick.
64. Seattle Seahawks (from KC)
Marlon Davidson, DE, Auburn | Highlights
The Seahawks are coming off a disappointing season defensively, and I expect them to target an end with one of their three picks in the first two rounds. With a huge 6-foot-3, 303-pound frame, Davidson fits the profile of defensive lineman that Seattle likes. There aren't many 300-pounders with his bend and athleticism off the edge; that's why I wanted him on my superteam.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Gladney, Reagor, Davidson and Diggs are available at 51 it'd be literally unbelievable.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Again and again, I see the Falcons drafting Chaisson one spot ahead of the Cowboys.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
If Diggs is there at 51, I'm drafting him in a second, definitely over Gladney.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If Diggs is there at 51, I'm drafting him in a second, definitely over Gladney.
Why? What makes Diggs so much better than Gladney because I don't see it

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess Kiper has really lost it. He has Hurts going in the second round.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He actually makes it pretty clear he thinks the second round is too high. He just says that's what he has been hearing. Saw it earlier on ESPN.
I think Hurts is regarded a little higher than some think.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
All it takes is one team. Like Tim Tebow.
This is true. Someone will probably take a chance on him early.

As Kiper pointed out earlier in the day during one of his live interviews, although Hurts' accuracy has improved, he still struggles to see the field. And that's why I'm not high on him.

I've seen reports about how he's impressing teams on the whiteboard but he's failed to translate that over to the field. He steps on the field and he turns into a one-read QB. That's his tape.

Top Bottom