2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't know if anyone saw it, but the TTU punter yesterday booted one 87 yards. He was standing in his own endzone when he kicked it, and ended up with a touchback.
that was crazy. Any chance this guy can kick TPAs and field goals too? 😬

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Name to keep an eye on: Javonte Williams, RB for UNC. Reminds me of Marion Barber III a bit.

Michael Carter, their other back, is also very draftable. Very good hands out of the backfield too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My Trevor Lawrence is overrated stance will be put to the test tomorrow.

True freshman DJ Uiagalelei (don't ask me to pronounce it) gets the start tomorrow against Boston College.

If Clemson still wins the game by over 25 and the freshman QB has a solid day passing, it's more proof that any decent QB looks great when surrounded by elite talent at literally every position.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

True freshman DJ Uiagalelei (don't ask me to pronounce it) gets the start tomorrow against Boston College.

If Clemson still wins the game by over 25 and the freshman QB has a solid day passing, it's more proof that any decent QB looks great when surrounded by elite talent at literally every position.
Been the case at Ohio State for years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Looks like you would pronounce it like Ukelele. At least Im sure that's what he gets all the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been the case at Ohio State for years.
Yeah there is a reason why every QB Ohio State marches out there looks good. A team like Iowa they live and die by the play of their QB. It's probably why most elite NFL QBs didn't come from elite programs. Not saying an elite QB can't come from an elite school but it's just so much more difficult to judge their passing ability.

And I really like Lawrence by the way. I'm not as in love with his passing ability as some. But man the guy can run and has a very strong arm. The way the NFL has become a QB with that kind of mobility can really kill a defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So maybe Lawrence is that good...
No shit. Clemson is getting stomped. But, to be fair, one of those TDs was a 98 yard fumble recovery and return by Boston College.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No shit. Clemson is getting stomped. But, to be fair, one of those TDs was a 98 yard fumble recovery and return by Boston College.
Yeah but this Freshman QB just can't seem to hit certain throws

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah but this Freshman QB just can't seem to hit certain throws
Oh, they are still getting stomped. Even without that TD they would be losing 21-10.

1bigfan13

Staff member
No Clemson blowout but the true freshman played great.

First career start and he goes 30/41 342 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

I still like Trevor Lawrence as a top 5 draft pick but I'd pump the brakes on the "generational talent" storyline that the national media has been running with. I can see him having a career like Matt Ryan. Which is still really good. I just wouldn't put him in that next tier with guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. When "generational talent" is tossed around, the expectation is that you reach the level of those two guys.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Briles kid is a pretty good OC, if Arkansas had more talent they might actually contend. Of course it helps we went in prevent already for some dumbass reason

1bigfan13

Staff member
Leach shutout by Saban and Bama. Aside from that win over what's turned out to be a bad LSU team, the early results at MSU have been disappointing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Big 12 games are obnoxiously long. It takes an hour to play each quarter because there are too many flags and too many official reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom