2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Aggies vs Tar Heels has been quite the game.

Aggies secondary almost got roasted for the 2nd series in a row but Carolina's WR dropped a perfectly thrown pass.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, #0 Smith for TAMU is shifty as hell. Good luck trying to tackle that dude in the open field.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Aggies vs Tar Heels has been quite the game.

Aggies secondary almost got roasted for the 2nd series in a row but Carolina's WR dropped a perfectly thrown pass.
Our #1 WR, for whom that is his designated route, opted out, or that might have been 6 instead of a drop. Ironically the kid who dropped it is his little brother.

Also you should feel privileged to be watching future first round pick Sam Howell.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Our #1 WR, for whom that is his designated route, opted out, or that might have been 6 instead of a drop. Ironically the kid who dropped it is his little brother.

Also you should feel privileged to be watching future first round pick Sam Howell.
Howell's looking good tonight. He's making himself some money with this performance.

1bigfan13

Staff member
On 2nd look it was great balance by the TAMU RB but it was definitely enabled by some lazy tackling. UNC players just threw their shoulders at him instead of wrapping up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And the last three possessions are why UNC’s opt outs lost us this game.

possession 1 - UNC - Khafre Brown and Dazz Newsome come up short on deep balls that opt-out Dyami Brown feasts on.

possession 2 - Eugene Asante gets blocked out of the way leading to a 76 yard TD, he was the replacement for all American LB Chazz Surratt.

possession 3 - Carolina can’t convert on third and fourth and 1; when they had two of the best backs in college football who assuredly would have converted.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What a heart break. You almost can’t let yourself get invested when players can just walk away though and not play so easily.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are there any LSU fans here? If so, tell me about Tyler Shelvin. I admittedly know very little about him, but from what I'm reading, he's a big guy with a good motor and moves pretty well. (listed at 6'3" 346 lbs)

Is he somebody that should go in the 3rd round range? Higher? Lower? I would love to have somebody his size in the middle of our porous run defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Are there any LSU fans here? If so, tell me about Tyler Shelvin. I admittedly know very little about him, but from what I'm reading, he's a big guy with a good motor and moves pretty well. (listed at 6'3" 346 lbs)

Is he somebody that should go in the 3rd round range? Higher? Lower? I would love to have somebody his size in the middle of our porous run defense.
He's too small.

/ravid

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Looked up Shelvin and saw anywhere from lower first to second. Said he's your classic space eater who doesn't offer anything at all in the pass rush, so you'd think he'd be there with our second. He opted out so there are still a lot of questions about him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looked up Shelvin and saw anywhere from lower first to second. Said he's your classic space eater who doesn't offer anything at all in the pass rush, so you'd think he'd be there with our second. He opted out so there are still a lot of questions about him.
Yeah I don't think he will go first. But maybe second and probably more like third. Athletic for a big man but he won't rush the pass much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Really? Everything I've seen has him anywhere from late 2nd to late 4th. I'd take him with our 3rd I think. Depending on our first two picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really? Everything I've seen has him anywhere from late 2nd to late 4th. I'd take him with our 3rd I think. Depending on our first two picks.
Third sounds about right to me. I think he would be a nice compliment to what we do have at DT though. I wouldn't even be opposed to Shelvin and Nixon in the same draft. Paired with Gallimore and Hill you'd have to feel stellar about the future at DT.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I didn't look that long, but almost everything I saw was from the spring. So maybe thoughts have changed... or maybe not, since he didn't even play.

I did see one person saying he plays hard but sometimes can be single blocked. If you offer nothing as a pass rusher you better dominate every one-on-one in college to go very high.

I guess I'm trying to say that 3rd or later sounds more right to me also. Not a lot of value in run stuffers only. Of course a ton will depend on the combine. We are doing that this year aren't we?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Third sounds about right to me. I think he would be a nice compliment to what we do have at DT though. I wouldn't even be opposed to Shelvin and Nixon in the same draft. Paired with Gallimore and Hill you'd have to feel stellar about the future at DT.
The word is complement. Compliment is a verb. Complement is a noun.

I will see my geeky ass out now.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I didn't see this one coming. From The Athletic.
At this point, he is about as good as they are going to do. They tried going non-traditional with Rich-Rod after Carr went downhill. 2 postseason wins since 2007 and the team has lost a lot of luster. "The rivalry" is even losing its allure on the national level. Since 2000, Michigan has won the game a grand total of twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom