2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Notre Dame after covering the spread

You ain't lying, I'm seeing ND fans on twitter already saying no one else could hold Bama to 31 :lol even tho Saban had them sleepwalk thru the 2nd half

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This next game I truly don't have a dog in the fight.

But I guess part of me wouldn't mind seeing Ohio State get embarrassed because I don't think they deserve to be here.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Fun fact about me and kind of a six degrees of separation link to Clemson WR E.J. Williams.

Back in the 90s I dated his mom for a few months. We were both stationed at Fort Benning, GA and hung around the same circle of friends. One thing led to another and we eventually ended up dating for a short period of time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lawrence hit that extra gear to get to the corner for the TD.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
They lay an egg in practically every big game. It is sad.
Miami has been horrible lately too

1609552995312.png

Ticks me off they sanitized everything and blew shit like T-shirt sales by Notre Dame students & the Boz out of proportion. I wish the Boz had doubled down in the 30 for 30 special and told everyone to fuck off, he aint sorry for shit and brag about the fact he hyped up the game so he could make more $$ on shirts, it was clever as hell for a college kid. IMHO, college football was more fun when Notre Dame and Miami (& Fl St, USC, Nebraska) were power houses with huge a huge rivalry games. I loved the swagger Miami played with (although I hated watch them kick the shit out of Tech when they came to Lubbock, I think it was 28 - zip before I could get seated).

Even though Alabama, Clemson & Ohio St are the current power houses, its just not the same and Im not sure why

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ohio State looks way better than I thought they would. Still don't think they will beat Alabama but it's still impressive what they are doing to Clemson.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn OSU is taking it to Clemson, def did not see this coming

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
wow, they're pouring it on. Dabo should start thinking of a response as to why he ranked OSU 11th.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ohio State played the game of their lives tonight on offense. I didn't think they had it in them. Fields hadn't looked good vs the better teams this year but tonight he he played the best game I've ever seen him play.

It's as if players from Rutgers are out there playing in Clemson uniforms.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wondered about Sermon of Ohio State when he wasn’t on OU s squad but I didn’t know he transferred out. I thought he might have graduated.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ohio State's DEs are absolutely embarrassing Clemson's OL.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wondered about Sermon of Ohio State when he wasn’t on OU s squad but I didn’t know he transferred out. I thought he might have graduated.
Yeah he transferred last year after the playoff loss, IIRC.

He was hurt a bit last year but even before the injury Lincoln Riley didn't use him enough, IMO. His role was basically reduced to mop up duty once Jalen Hurts starter eating up the carries that weren't going to Kennedy Brooks. But I've always loved Sermon's running style. It's kind of ironic that his breakout game as a Sooner came against Ohio State back in 2017.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, I was a bit wrong about Clemson. :unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Big 12 conference is doing well in post season play. Zero losses so far.

1bigfan13

Staff member
No Urban Meyer for the Horns either. Rumor has it Steve Sarkisian will take over as the next HC on the 40 acres.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not quite on Malzahn's level but still a handsome amount for a buyout.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Holy hell, that's one helluva buyout.
Especially for what they're getting. I can see it for Urban Meyer. I can't see it at all for a two-time reject and former alcoholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom