2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
It just sucks that the 1990s were the pinnacle of my football fandom with Tennessee and Dallas both being elite and I didn’t appreciate it because at that age other things were a much bigger priority when in reality they probably weren’t and now that I’m 43 and I have real life responsibilities and things that genuinely are more priorities in my life but I place a much higher significance on football my college team is trash. Was that a run on sentence?

My fiancé is from Michigan so since I don’t really gaf about the NFL anymore (except fantasy) I’m trying to be a good sport and root for Detroit with her, but they’re such a meh team I just wear the gear she buys me and act like I get excited about them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, Oklahoma is having a bit of a down year as well. We're only 5-2 and will likely only get a bid to a non-CFP bowl game. Mostly likely the Fiesta or Orange Bowl.

midswat

... soon
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, Oklahoma is having a bit of a down year as well. We're only 5-2 and will likely only get a bid to a non-CFP bowl game. Mostly likely the Fiesta or Orange Bowl.
To which they’ll look like Tennessee or Texas Tech against their opponent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t know what post season matchups will be but the Sooners are improving a considerable amount and I wouldn’t be surprised if they took the championship trophy for their conference.

1bigfan13

Staff member
To which they’ll look like Tennessee or Texas Tech against their opponent.
I doubt that very seriously. Oklahoma only has problems with elite top 4 teams who are CFP material. They're better or at least on the same playing field as everyone else. See the Sugar Bowls in 2014 and 2017 vs Alabama and Auburn respectively.

So if Oklahoma makes the Fiesta Bowl this year and ends up playing a team like Florida, it would most likely be a close competitive game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don’t know what post season matchups will be but the Sooners are improving a considerable amount and I wouldn’t be surprised if they took the championship trophy for their conference.
They're a young team who has grown up a lot since those losses early in the season. I fully expect them to win the Big 12 championship. If they end up playing again, I think they're at least 2 TDs better than Iowa State. OU has their best DL & RB back from suspensions and both have stepped on the field and immediately dominated like they never missed a day.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Guaranteed to happen...

Some AD of a power 5 program that has a coaching vacancy is going to look at Muschamp's unimpressive coaching resume and say to themselves, "Yep, let's hire this guy as our head coach. He's the right man to turn this thing around."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Probably going to see a lot more of this.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The play design by Lincoln Riley...... ~chef's kiss~

1bigfan13

Staff member
Your weekly update on Oklahoma's march towards defensive dominance.

NCAA defensive rankings

Rushing yard per game: 9th
Passing yards per game: 60th
3rd down conversion pct: 8th
Turnovers: 51st
Scoring defense: 29th
Sacks: 5th

I was surprised they were so low in passing yards allowed but other top contenders like Alabama (68th) and Ohio State (115th) had lower rankings as well. Probably a result of teams abandoning the run in order to play catch up.

That Mike Stoops stench has slowly been washed away. These boys are coming for the crown.

Soon.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Your weekly update on Oklahoma's march towards defensive dominance.

NCAA defensive rankings

Rushing yard per game: 9th
Passing yards per game: 60th
3rd down conversion pct: 8th
Turnovers: 51st
Scoring defense: 29th
Sacks: 5th

I was surprised they were so low in passing yards allowed but other top contenders like Alabama (68th) and Ohio State (115th) had lower rankings as well. Probably a result of teams abandoning the run in order to play catch up.

That Mike Stoops stench has slowly been washed away. These boys are coming for the crown.

Soon.

If you take out the trash time tds we gave up in the 4th quarter of our blowouts over the last several games, we're giving up about 12 points a game over that time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Beautiful. He called a masterful game last night. Only complaint I have is running Stevenson out wide too many times which is not what he does well.
Agreed with you about Stevenson. Those should have been saved for Pledger.

Also, I'm liking that H-Back Mikey Henderson. I'm surprised he's playing H-Back. He's built like a RB. He has Adrian Peterson's build, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom