2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But in a world where that is literally Marinelli's gospel for his defensive linemen, how (from an organizational standpoint) does that happen? Is it an overreaction to the Floyd debacle? Just seems like an obvious unforced error to have committed to a high-value pick so evidently at odds with our DC's philosophy.
McClay came out and said that they took him for the position flex aspect. Turns out they were wrong about that along with everything else.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But in a world where that is literally Marinelli's gospel for his defensive linemen, how (from an organizational standpoint) does that happen? Is it an overreaction to the Floyd debacle? Just seems like an obvious unforced error to have committed to a high-value pick so evidently at odds with our DC's philosophy.
That sad thing is Marinelli is the one who really wanted him. And it seems like Marinelli is one of the biggest reasons he didn't fit in. Just a fuck up all around by the Cowboys in so many ways. I guess we will just go into yet another years draft desperate for a DE yet again.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
You know its bad when the jeri jones Cowboys gives up on a first round pick, I hate that fucker with the heat of a 1,000 suns but gotta give him credit for backing his players more than seemingly any other owner (whether that's a net good or bad I don't know).

So you got a serious problem if you're gonna leave Dallas bitching about the atmosphere (unless of course you're bitching because you want winning to be the #1 priority, in that situation, they'd have a case)

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I remember the video of him walking into the facility and looking at the Super Bowl trophies, after getting off Jerry's plane, the day he was drafted. He looked vapid and empty at that time.

I think mental issues is right. He isn't all there. Not saying it's literal mental illness, but maybe just extreme immaturity. And I don't doubt that the mental issues are probably one of the biggest reasons he hasn't produced on the field either.
I was actually surprised by his demeanor and the "soft" label that he earned during his time in Dallas. When we drafted him I assumed that he would would be a bit tougher and more put together since he was coming from Michigan and Harbaugh.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You know its bad when the jeri jones Cowboys gives up on a first round pick, I hate that fucker with the heat of a 1,000 suns but gotta give him credit for backing his players more than seemingly any other owner (whether that's a net good or bad I don't know).

So you got a serious problem if you're gonna leave Dallas bitching about the atmosphere (unless of course you're bitching because you want winning to be the #1 priority, in that situation, they'd have a case)
This is very good point.

Jerry bends over backwards to make things work. So I think it is fair to assume that Taco was probably being a bit of an asshole behind the scenes. We got a glimpse of that the other day with that Tweet that he posted then deleted. That tweet may have just been the tip of the iceberg with Taco.

Last edited:

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
So the same team that put Gregory and Hardy on the field is cutting Taco, a player we need, for his "bad attitude." This season is fool's gold like all the rest. We're never going to a SB with this braintrust.
The Hardy move was a real black eye for the organization. Gregory has certainly been granted a bazillion chances, but they wait on him because he isn't taking up a roster spot or costing us anything on the cap. He also isn't a bad kid and by all accounts, works hard when he isn't suspended.

I think with Taco it must be more than just a "bad attitude". Something isn't right with him and for a team that has always been extremely tolerant of all kinds of nonsense to give up on a 1st rd pick (albeit late 1st rd) this soon tells me there is definitely something more to the story.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Shouldn't be overlooking the Saints just cause Brees is out.

That's a good football team and it's in New Orleans.

If he can be back for that game, I'm all for it.
This team with THIS coaching staff cant afford to overlook anybody, including the Dolphins.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I find it very hard to believe that someone on the staff couldn't see that kind of behavior through the interview and workout process.
Harbaugh signed off on the guy, and wasn't Greg Jackson on Michigan's staff when Taco was there too?

I'm not sure I buy the mental health thing though. The Cowboys have experience dealing with those kinds of players and were pretty patient with those guys.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And Taco is more talented than the Ordinary Joes we're currently running out there. I wish they'd clarify what "bad attitude" means. Is he missing practice? No. Is he provoking fights? No. Suspended for drugs? No. Is he a social media knucklehead? Yes, but so was Beasley. If he's blowing off the film room or being insubordinate, let us know. In pre-season, he seemed to "get" that this was his last chance and performed accordingly. His reward? Banishment. There are two sane options here: trade him or play him, not release him for nothing. We're not so deep on the line that we can afford to exile him.
This doesn't have anything to do with my reply or what I replied to, but ok.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Anthony Brown was a nice surprise his rookie season. His play has gone down since. I wouldnt mind a flip in the depth chart.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anthony Brown was a nice surprise his rookie season. His play has gone down since. I wouldnt mind a flip in the depth chart.
I mean I still think he is a good corner but I definitely think Lewis is better. To me it would be less of a demotion and more of a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom