2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Are we really debating on which turd is the shiniest?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Someone needs to tack this shit to the War Room wall so we learn something.
Getting Lawrence, Gregory and Collins in 14-15-16 was decent.

Since then, uh, what the fuck. Need a new set of eyes on DL prospects.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Good to hear about Woods, although ultimately there's no way he should play this week, even if he were 90% ready to go. We obviously don't need him against the Dolphins, and probably not against the Saints either, the Packers in a few weeks are the first game where I think we'd seriously miss him, and really I just want him healthy against the Eagles in about 5 weeks.
Shouldn't be overlooking the Saints just cause Brees is out.

That's a good football team and it's in New Orleans.

If he can be back for that game, I'm all for it.

Rev

Staff member
Getting Lawrence, Gregory and Collins in 14-15-16 was decent.

Since then, uh, what the fuck. Need a new set of eyes on DL prospects.
Getting Gregory can only count if he was able to stay on the field. Whatever potential he has/had is lost.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Getting Gregory can only count if he was able to stay on the field. Whatever potential he has/had is lost.
Yeah, kinda, but it wasn't a talent evaluation miss. He's got the talent.

Gregory not panning out is due to the risk factor that they decided to gamble on.

My point is, they found three guys who were NFL caliber players in those years. Since then, they cannot identify DL talent.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah, kinda, but it wasn't a talent evaluation miss. He's got the talent.

Gregory not panning out is due to the risk factor that they decided to gamble on.

My point is, they found three guys who were NFL caliber players in those years. Since then, they cannot identify DL talent.
Ahh. I was looking at a little different. As In the production and not necessarily the evaluation. 3 is difinitely better than the Carver/Pittman/Ekuban days.

Still need better for that position group. Lawrence cant do it by himself.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think y'all underestimate what a tremendous turd Taco probably is behind the scenes.

This reminds me a little of the low tender and trade rumors regarding David Irving. Turned out there was a good reason for those things.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know there are some who are convinced that Taco just sucks at football. I don't really buy that. But I think the dude does have a screw or two lose that has made these coaches hate him. The relationship has gotten messed up and we really don't know why. It's unfortunate that we couldn't recognize that up front.

p1_

DCC 4Life

And so it begins...

Rev

Staff member
Unfortunately his legacy will be the Hot Boyz nickname.

maybe they will retire that nonsense

p1_

DCC 4Life

Hmmm...

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know there are some who are convinced that Taco just sucks at football. I don't really buy that. But I think the dude does have a screw or two lose that has made these coaches hate him. The relationship has gotten messed up and we really don't know why. It's unfortunate that we couldn't recognize that up front.
I remember the video of him walking into the facility and looking at the Super Bowl trophies, after getting off Jerry's plane, the day he was drafted. He looked vapid and empty at that time.

I think mental issues is right. He isn't all there. Not saying it's literal mental illness, but maybe just extreme immaturity. And I don't doubt that the mental issues are probably one of the biggest reasons he hasn't produced on the field either.

p1_

DCC 4Life
LIVE 9/18 Jason Garrett Press Conference

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think he loves football and I doubt he has the drive to push himself to achieve whatever his ceiling is. It would seem to me that he's a guy who has excelled simply because he's bigger and stronger than his opponents, until the NFL of course, and once you get there you have to give it everything you have in order to succeed unless you're a truly rare talent, which he clearly isn't. The coaches see that I'm sure and thus began the death spiral resulting in where we are now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I remember the video of him walking into the facility and looking at the Super Bowl trophies, after getting off Jerry's plane, the day he was drafted. He looked vapid and empty at that time.

I think mental issues is right. He isn't all there. Not saying it's literal mental illness, but maybe just extreme immaturity. And I don't doubt that the mental issues are probably one of the biggest reasons he hasn't produced on the field either.
I find it very hard to believe that someone on the staff couldn't see that kind of behavior through the interview and workout process.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I don't think he loves football and I doubt he has the drive to push himself to achieve whatever his ceiling is. It would seem to me that he's a guy who has excelled simply because he's bigger and stronger than his opponents, until the NFL of course, and once you get there you have to give it everything you have in order to succeed unless you're a truly rare talent, which he clearly isn't. The coaches see that I'm sure and thus began the death spiral resulting in where we are now.
But in a world where that is literally Marinelli's gospel for his defensive linemen, how (from an organizational standpoint) does that happen? Is it an overreaction to the Floyd debacle? Just seems like an obvious unforced error to have committed to a high-value pick so evidently at odds with our DC's philosophy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think y'all underestimate what a tremendous turd Taco probably is behind the scenes.

This reminds me a little of the low tender and trade rumors regarding David Irving. Turned out there was a good reason for those things.
And at the end of the day, all of the time and effort spent on both was worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom