2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What more do you want to see?
Are you content with the production and progress of the team. Top tier QBs find ways to win and keep the team at the top of their competitors. Can you compare The quarterbacks with New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, Kansas City, and Seattle?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

For a season yes but that’s the kicker make more and prove your demands .
So if you are Dak and they offer you 24 million a year plus incentives, but you know that you can simply not agree and make about 33 million a year on the franchise tag, isn't it a really easy decision for Dak?

Two years of the franchise tag will probably make him like 70 million dollars. He'd make over 20 million dollars more than your offer.

24 million is simply nowhere near realistic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Are you content with the production and progress of the team. Top tier QBs find ways to win and keep the team at the top of their competitors. Can you compare The quarterbacks with New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, Kansas City, and Seattle?
So how do you propose we find a Hall of Fame qb? Because the qb for every one of those teams is one

Cujo

DCC 4Life
So what do you spend the cap on? You know that you can't choose to just not spend money?

I just want us to get our money's worth. I'm not convinced either of them are worth what they're asking and would hate to have buyer's remorse on contracts that big. We'd be completely screwed.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Silly to franchise Dak at this point, unless his demands are unreasonable. They are already married to him. It would be way harder to find a better replacement than it is to figure out how to build a team around his salary. Franchising only makes the price go up at this point.
But how are we supposed to pay all of the elite talent he requires if we are paying him 35 mill a year?

Genghis Khan

But how are we supposed to pay all of the elite talent he requires if we are paying him 35 mill a year?
It's a good question but that's easier to figure out than trying to find another top ten QB. I don't see any other choice.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It's a good question but that's easier to figure out than trying to find another top ten QB. I don't see any other choice.
Well, you may be right. But hasn't it been said at one time or another that one of the reasons Dak has been able to succeed is because of the situation he walked in to? Had he been drafted by the Jets, would anyone know who he is? I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we're going to spend so much on our o line, rb, and (soon) wr, shouldnt we expect to save some money somewhere? It just doesn't look sustainable from a financial standpoint.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So because they are HOFs then Dak should be paid the same?
He should be paid at the top10 level because that's what he is

Genghis Khan

Well, you may be right. But hasn't it been said at one time or another that one of the reasons Dak has been able to succeed is because of the situation he walked in to? Had he been drafted by the Jets, would anyone know who he is? I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we're going to spend so much on our o line, rb, and (soon) wr, shouldnt we expect to save some money somewhere? It just doesn't look sustainable from a financial standpoint.
I think most likely our depth will suffer. Dak, Cooper and Zeke are a pretty good trio and they'll be locked up, plus the o-line is locked up for a few more years. Eventually we won't be able to afford the Robert Quinn/Randall Cobb types. Which means we'll have to draft well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Folks made the same argument about Elliot and the end result is Dallas is still a mediocre team and paying Dak Top tier pay won’t improve that either. Pouring money on players because the agents say it’s the thing to do is non sense. Get a coach, tag Dak, let the coach put them through the paces then see if they think Dak is going to be a keeper. He is going into his 5th year and is still not what a lot of folks want to see in a QB but still some want him to be a top tier paid player. I don’t reconcile to that but it’s Jones money so who cares.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Folks made the same argument about Elliot and the end result is Dallas is still a mediocre team and paying Dak Top tier pay won’t improve that either. Pouring money on players because the agents say it’s the thing to do is non sense. Get a coach, tag Dak, let the coach put them through the paces then see if they think Dak is going to be a keeper. He is going into his 5th year and is still not what a lot of folks want to see in a QB but still some want him to be a top tier paid player. I don’t reconcile to that but it’s Jones money so who cares.
You're the one who always says Romo is better than Aikman because of his individual stats, well Dak is easily a top10 qb going by his stats this year so why shouldn't he be paid as one?

Genghis Khan

Zeke isn't the reason we didn't win enough.

Not to mention, when you are talking about a QB it's completely different. They could've adequately replaced Zeke much easier. But that's an argument in favor of letting Zeke walk, not in favor of letting Dak walk.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Biggest problem first and foremost is coaching: game planning, play calling, etc

If I were picking between the two, I'd have felt far more comfortable overpaying Dak than overpaying Zeke.

The move right now is get a new coach and tagging Dak. Anything else is reckless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom