2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely!
To me it's about dominating the LOS, on both sides of the ball. And Marinelli wants nothing to do with a massive bully or two who crush the inside of the pocket. And in my mind that's run stopping 101. Not to mention it opens up holes to blitz.
Brown or Kinlaw would be huge. Preferably Kinlaw in my book.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Absolutely!
To me it's about dominating the LOS, on both sides of the ball. And Marinelli wants nothing to do with a massive bully or two who crush the inside of the pocket. And in my mind that's run stopping 101. Not to mention it opens up holes to blitz.
It also keeps the OL off the LBers. I think that’s part of why our LBers have looked so bad this year.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I fully expect the Cowboys to win the Redskins game but even so and with a good performance from Prescott, I can’t see giving him a high dollar contract. This was his go or no go year for being a top tier QB and despite his stats he has only been average in my opinion because he isn’t consistent. No contract yet. Tag him and that will send the message in itself. If he doesn’t become consistent next season then make the hard determination then.
Yep! He has improved and has the stats. But where are the wins? I'm down for tagging him and making him prove he can create big wins. Not just meaningless stats.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep! He has improved and has the stats. But where are the wins? I'm down for tagging him and making him prove he can create big wins. Not just meaningless stats.
I’d tag him for a year under the hopefully new coaching staff and see what he does, then determine if want to tag him for a second year or sign him at that point.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Prescott's numbers are viewed as "empty" because he saddled with an incompetent coaching staff that struggles to win close games.

I think he's actually been better than he's been in recent years. He's taking a lot fewer sacks and his y/a is at a career high as well. The problem is the running game hasn't been as dominant, and as mentioned above, Garrett's game management and weekly game plans have been as bad as I've seen from him. Plus you have to factor in Kellen Moore's inexperienced ass being stifled by experienced DC's in crucial situations.

And lets not forget the horrid special teams play. The Cowboys offense rarely starts drives off with great field position. It's a rarity when this offense isn't forced to drive 80+ yards for a score.

I'm not absolving him from his share of the blame on how this season has played out. It just seems to me that he's pretty much matching Romo's production, yet no one argued that Romo needed to be franchised.

I think they'll eventually settle in on a number around the $30M-$34M range. I think he's earned that compared to other QBs of similar talent and production.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Read the post about this a bit after my reply.

I know you watched the game and there were several drops that were perfectly thrown. There were several that were just a bit behind and should have been caught. There were several that were were bad throws.

I'm just not going to say that he alone shat the bed. I'm saying that the WRs made his performance look worse. His shoulder not being right made his performance look worse. He will always have some WTF throws but I'm not blaming the game on him. It was a collection of many things.
He turned in a flat and uninspired performance in the season’s most important game. The defense held the opposing team to 17 points.

Sorry, he ain’t a rookie anymore. It’s time Dak took the responsibility

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He turned in a flat and uninspired performance in the season’s most important game. The defense held the opposing team to 17 points.

Sorry, he ain’t a rookie anymore. It’s time Dak took the responsibility
Its not about being a rookie and he would be the first to tell you that he played bad. I didnt say it was great, either. Im just not going to lay all the blame at him. What about the coaching staff, oline, rb, running game, WRs, TEs. Everybody had a hand in this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Its not about being a rookie and he would be the first to tell you that he played bad. I didnt say it was great, either. Im just not going to lay all the blame at him. What about the coaching staff, oline, rb, running game, WRs, TEs. Everybody had a hand in this.
Obviously the coaches suck and/or have been neutered by the owner, etc., etc.

That game was winnable on sheer talent, and Dak had a very poor outing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was playing with a pretty nasty injury. Dak has proven he can be a winner. As far as I'm concerned I think he earned the money. I'd pay the man. He is the type of guy who I don't think a contract goes to his head. Cooper either for that matter. Zeke's personality is the one who worries me with a contract and that's already done.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak has proven he can play, yes.

He hasn’t proven himself a winner by a long shot. Even with an offense gratuitously loaded with talent.

Different QB, same story.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak has proven he can play, yes.

He hasn’t proven himself a winner by a long shot. Even with an offense gratuitously loaded with talent.

Different QB, same story.
This is the first non winning season of his career. You'd have to be insane to say he isn't a winner. The running game has been horribly inconsistent, he's had the worst field position in the NFL and his defense has sucked ass.

GShock

DCC 4Life
This is the first non winning season of his career. You'd have to be insane to say he isn't a winner. The running game has been horribly inconsistent, he's had the worst field position in the NFL and his defense has sucked ass.
True, but he has had some opportunities to win/take the lead in games in the 4th quarter this year, and for whatever reason, he has failed to do so.

Cotton

Staff member
True, but he has had some opportunities to win/take the lead in games in the 4th quarter this year, and for whatever reason, he has failed to do so.
It's hard to win in the clutch when your coaches such ass in the clutch.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Dak is pretty good. Maybe a tiny bit better than Kirk Cousins.

You can win with him, but he’s not going to consistently put the team on his shoulders and go get a game you have to have. You’re going to need a real solid supporting cast and a decent to good defense to have success.

If that’s worth $35-$40million per, get ready to watch this team get progressively worse over the next 3-4 years. If you eat up that much cap on a guy that needs help, you won’t afford the help he needs.

Cluster. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom