2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He nev
Everything out of this moron's mouth runs diametrically opposite of like, Belichick's founding/most grounded principles. He's a complete fucking gump who never should've been our HC past 2013.
He was never qualified to begin with.

What did Troy say last night, which I’m not so sure wasn’t a veiled shot at the Garrett era as a whole, but particularly going all the way back to the inception?

Who on the staff deserves or has earned the right to coach the team even on an interim basis?

With that same line of thinking, what made Garrett the guy in the first place? We all know what it is/was. Jerry wanted to keep his control and peddle Garrett as some sort of boy genius.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything out of this moron's mouth runs diametrically opposite of like, Belichick's founding/most grounded principles. He's a complete fucking gump who never should've been our HC past 2013.
This just confirms to me that Richard is absolutely handcuffed by Garrett and Marinelli. It's really hard to judge these assistants when they are confined by the guys above them on the team. Mike Zimmer wasn't a great coach either until he was actually allowed to run the defense the way he wanted to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, I'd be ok with keeping Richard if the new HC wanted it independent of Jerry (wouldn't outright call for it or support it), although I'd rather just bring in a guy like Rivera or Quinn honestly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I'd be ok with keeping Richard if the new HC wanted it independent of Jerry (wouldn't outright call for it or support it), although I'd rather just bring in a guy like Rivera or Quinn honestly.
I would too. Same thing with Kitna and Moore. If they like them let them keep them. If they don't let them brimg in someone with more experience.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why would Riley come to Dallas and run Moore's offense? If he's on Riley's staff, you'll know Jerry insisted on it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would Riley come to Dallas and run Moore's offense? If he's on Riley's staff, you'll know Jerry insisted on it.
Because Riley would actually be calling the plays. Moore would just be there learning the system basically and having input.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'm sure the same philosophy is true on offense, which is why teams have been saying we're predictable for the last 12 years.
I think its also why we have seen the creativity go away as the season has gone along. Garrett has basically mandated that things be simplified.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I say bring in Meyer now and let him coach the rest of the year with the current assistants, then he'll know if he wants to keep any of them or clean house.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say bring in Meyer now and let him coach the rest of the year with the current assistants, then he'll know if he wants to keep any of them or clean house.
I literally see no reason for Garrett to be here another minute. You can bring Meyer in now or if you want to interview some other candidates feel free to wait until their seasons are done. Either way Garrett is hurting this team right now and needs to go.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Has any team ever hired a new coach during the year. Fired plenty and had interims that were kept after the year but never seen one hired mid year. Someone tell Jerry he can be a pioneer. Interview Richard, Moore, Meyer and Riley and then hire the one you want.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has any team ever hired a new coach during the year. Fired plenty and had interims that were kept after the year but never seen one hired mid year. Someone tell Jerry he can be a pioneer. Interview Richard, Moore, Meyer and Riley and then hire the one you want.
I'm not sure Riley would come on midseason while Oklahoma is shooting for a National Championship.

But part of the reason to fire Garrett now is so that you can at least start the search. You can't really start the process while Garrett is still here. Or you can and just sabotage your team further which is what we are seeing already.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm actually cool with Garrett riding it out. The last thing we need is Moore or Richard getting on a hot streak and Jerry feeling obligated to give them the full-time job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So, Witten "earned" his playing time.

That is fucking stupid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Garrett is completely out of touch. Maher said he felt good about his kicks last night. So where is this shit coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom