2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
That's some good info. I didn't know that. I hadn't heard anything about Fields possibly heading top Oklahoma.
It almost makes sense that he wouldnt, since you did just land Rattler. Who knows, maybe it’s internet rumors. But Oklahoma (with Haselwood), OSU, and FSU are the three teams most seem to associate Fields with from what I’ve seen.

D

Deuce

Fields is considering OU, tOSU, UCLA and...UCF.

Thats right boys, we are here to stay.

midswat

... soon
Plan9Misfit .... Tennessee picked up a former 5 star DL transfer. Says he's filing for a hardship transfer to be able to play immediately. Whats the story on him?

midswat

... soon
Tennessees roster overhaul is in progress with Grude.... I mean Pruitts first full year to recruit players. We got some decent guys last year, including the two true freshman cornerbacks who both look like they'll play on Sundays. Remember the names Alontae Taylor and Bryce Thompson.

This early signing period they signed the # rated OT in the country (Wanya Morris), the #1 rated athlete (Quavaris Crouch - rushed for 3000 yards AND got 14 sacks on defense last year alone, will play OLB for us). A stud running back that plays like Alvin Kamara (Eric Gray), plus a bunch of other talented kids. Those three are my favorites of the class, but my sleepers are Roman Harrison (4 star kid out of some place in UGA. Played DT at 240lbs because he was their biggest player, and was very effective but he'll play LB for us) and Elijah Simmons (3 star 350lbs NT that is athletic enough to dunk a basketball. I think given a year or two in a S&C program and if he can shed some baby fat, he'll be a space eater the football world hasnt' seen since Brandon Noble - shout out to Art).

On top of that, they accepted a transfer request from a big time defensive lineman from Michigan. Former 5 star kid who had a knee injury last year. Likely has to sit a year but hopefully not. My biggest concern with the team next year is defensive line depth. Offensive line is also a big concern but we have the #1 ranked offensive line class coming in.

Overall I'm excited about the direction of the team. Hopefully we can get 8 wins this year, and contend for 10+ wins the following.

Pretty sure no one read all that, so kiss my ass.

midswat

... soon
I read enough to see you call a 4* kid a sleeer. lol
Well, that was misleading by me. Kid played at a podunk school. Earned an offer from Tennessee after camping here. Think he has like 4 offers total. When we offered, he was unranked. Not long after we offered, he was ranked as a semi-low three star. He dominated through the playoffs and 247 bumped him to a four star. Rivals guy was at the state championship where the kid was all over the field and blocked what would've been a game winning field goal. His team won in overtime. Rivals guy said afterwards he would get a bump in the rankings but it hasn't happened yet.

So the "sleeper" part was simply because he was unranked like 4 months ago, has very few offers, hasn't taken a lot of visits or participated in a lot of camps. Says he hates the recruiting process. Just a relative unknown even if you follow recruiting.

Oh, and don't lie... you read the whole thing.

D

Deuce

Well, that was misleading by me. Kid played at a podunk school. Earned an offer from Tennessee after camping here. Think he has like 4 offers total. When we offered, he was unranked. Not long after we offered, he was ranked as a semi-low three star. He dominated through the playoffs and 247 bumped him to a four star. Rivals guy was at the state championship where the kid was all over the field and blocked what would've been a game winning field goal. His team won in overtime. Rivals guy said afterwards he would get a bump in the rankings but it hasn't happened yet.

So the "sleeper" part was simply because he was unranked like 4 months ago, has very few offers, hasn't taken a lot of visits or participated in a lot of camps. Says he hates the recruiting process. Just a relative unknown even if you follow recruiting.

Oh, and don't lie... you read the whole thing.
I didn’t say I didn’t read the whole thing, just thought that part was funny without the context.

As for recruiting, this UCF class has the chance to be the best ever. Some guys are 4* while 3 on their sites, but the stars mean little to me. the offer lists of some of these guys are truly amazing. That tells me the quality is there.

midswat

... soon
American Athletic Conference West Division Champions just lost to a 6-6 ACC team.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Plan9Misfit .... Tennessee picked up a former 5 star DL transfer. Says he's filing for a hardship transfer to be able to play immediately. Whats the story on him?
Aubrey Solomon transferred because of the depth on the defensive line at Michigan. There were rumors that he wanted to be closer to home, and Tennessee is closer to Georgia than Michigan. We were bummed to lose him.

D

Deuce

:lol

You can dog UT all you want and 90% of it is justified but you just sound like a moron when you make the above statement.
Who am I supposed to be impressed with. They don’t play anyone out of conference to measure up. I don’t subscribe to the theory that the SEC is just leaps and bounds above everyone and “they just beat up each other.”

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Deuce what's your take on UCF's backup QB? Do you honestly think he'll play well enough to pull off the upset against LSU?

I picked UCF in our office bowl season pool because I don't have a ton of respect for LSU. I think they're massively overrated because of the SEC patch on their chests. If McKenzie were healthy I'd feel a lot more confident about my pick.

D

Deuce

Deuce what's your take on UCF's backup QB? Do you honestly think he'll play well enough to pull off the upset against LSU?

I picked UCF in our office bowl season pool because I don't have a ton of respect for LSU. I think they're massively overrated because of the SEC patch on their chests. If McKenzie were healthy I'd feel a lot more confident about my pick.
I honestly don’t know what to think yet. His last 7 quarters have been amazing. Came in cold against USF after Milton’s injury and put up 31 points in 2 1/2 quarters and then scored 6 TDS of his own in the CCG.

But the LSU D is a different animal then Memphis. I just want to see him protect the ball and make plays where he can. Play calling will be huge for him cause Milton has the flexibility to deviate from the play.

Just as as important will be our run D. Some games against run heavy teams, they were amazing. Against Memphis, they were atrocious. Need that to tighten up because the LSU passing game doesn’t scare me.

midswat

... soon
Who am I supposed to be impressed with. They don’t play anyone out of conference to measure up. I don’t subscribe to the theory that the SEC is just leaps and bounds above everyone and “they just beat up each other.”
Hate on the SEC... idgaf. I personally hate every non-Tennessee team in the SEC myself. I'd love if Alabama and Georgia and South Carolina all had plane crashes, a la Marshall.

It doesn't matter if you're impressed with them or not. You're just in the vast minority if you fail to recognize the SEC as the premier conference in college football. By virtually every relevant metric - recruiting classes, national championships, top 25 teams, etc etc etc. You're pissing in the wind by claiming the SEC sucks. Beat that drum all you want though.

You make a lot of sense though with your stance. The SEC is trash because they don't play that grueling UCF schedule. :dunce

midswat

... soon
I honestly don’t know what to think yet. His last 7 quarters have been amazing. Came in cold against USF after Milton’s injury and put up 31 points in 2 1/2 quarters and then scored 6 TDS of his own in the CCG.

But the LSU D is a different animal then Memphis. I just want to see him protect the ball and make plays where he can. Play calling will be huge for him cause Milton has the flexibility to deviate from the play.

Just as as important will be our run D. Some games against run heavy teams, they were amazing. Against Memphis, they were atrocious. Need that to tighten up because the LSU passing game doesn’t scare me.
I don't get it.... why aren't you declaring a win? LSU isn't Alabama. You're not impressed with them. SEC is slow plodding football, remember? UCF gonna beat the brakes off these guys.

D

Deuce

I don't get it.... why aren't you declaring a win? LSU isn't Alabama. You're not impressed with them. SEC is slow plodding football, remember? UCF gonna beat the brakes off these guys.
Because at the end of the day, we have a RS Freshman QB making his 3rd career start. LSU could do absolutely nothing offensively and still win this game if he plays like a freshman.

midswat

... soon
Slow plodding SEC team. They ain’t Alabama. Nothing to be impressed with.

Backup QB has looked every bit as good as 5’9” Milton.

42 game win streak!

Zero chance UCF doesn’t win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom