2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah but I wonder what type of football shape he is in. I know he was out of this country for a pretty long period of time. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it makes it sort of difficult for teams to take a look at you when you aren't there to talk to them in person and show them your conditioning.
There are all kinds of intangibles involved in a player remaining unsigned these days. When you get right down to it, he really isn't that good and I think that's all it comes down to. On top of that, he needs to be in an offensive scheme that fits his skill set and there are plenty of fish in the sea that can be brought him cheaper than him. I didn't care for his little political display but I don't care about such things in general because I believe politics, religion and social justice warriors should keep their beliefs to themselves, not flaunt them on the field and not just Kap either.

It's a fricking game. Whatever god you worship doesn't give a flying fvck about the outcome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dolphins have signed Jay Cutler. That was Kaepernick's absolute last shot at a starting gig after Tannehill went down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dolphins have signed Jay Cutler. That was Kaepernick's absolute last shot at a starting gig after Tannehill went down.
One year for 10 mil too. That seems insane to me but that's just what a starting QB costs. Even a shitty one.

Cotton

Staff member
One year for 10 mil too. That seems insane to me but that's just what a starting QB costs. Even a shitty one.
3 mill in incentives and zero guaranteed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's 5mil plus incentives that could get him to 10 so that is a little better.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Falcons’ Jalen Collins busted for PEDs for second time, suspended 10 games

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 6, 2017, 3:39 PM EDT

Falcons cornerback Jalen Collins is suspended for PEDs. Again.

Collins has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2017 regular season for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing substances, the Falcons announced today.

Last year, Collins was suspended for the first four games of the season for his first violation of the PED policy.

“We are extremely disappointed that for the second straight season we are dealing with a suspension for Jalen,” Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff said. Such are the consequences when certain choices are made. Our decisions going forward will be based on what Dan and I feel is best for the team.”

A 2015 second-round draft pick, Collins admitted before the draft that he had failed multiple drug tests, although those tests were reportedly for marijuana, not PEDs.

Cotton

Staff member

Pretty damn cool.

As an aside, the second comment on this was "Already a better RB than Trent Richardson." :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if this investigation will get the fine tooth comb that Elliott has gotten?

Cotton

Staff member
The New York Jets are not sure who they’re going to start at QB next season but it’s safe to say that Christian Hackenberg isn’t going to cut it. Last Monday, the former Penn State QB was reportedly kicked off the practice field because he couldn’t perform the simple task of breaking a huddle properly.

http://brobible.com/sports/article/jets-qb-christian-hackenberg-huddle/

:lol

Wow.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dolphins have signed Jay Cutler.
I don't understand. Why did they do this? When your starting QB gets hurt, it's a great excuse to go, oh, 4-12. Then you just tell your fans to forget that year, it didn't happen, and you'll get 'em next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't understand. Why did they do this? When your starting QB gets hurt, it's a great excuse to go, oh, 4-12. Then you just tell your fans to forget that year, it didn't happen, and you'll get 'em next year.
They probably win 7 games or less anyway

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's what I'd do if I was them.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That whole WR class is enough to scare a person away from drafting a first round WR.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Doctson is gonna be a good player. He's just been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom