2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can insure anything, just the premiums probably don't make sense. College player plays less games, are younger, competition is lower and probably get just a 7 figure payment. If Cousins would take out insurance to cover the 72 million it would probably cost him half his franchise tag money (hyperbole).
That's what I mean by not being insurable.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Skins offer is a joke because essentially it's a two year contract with four one year options and only $53 million guaranteed, which is what he's guaranteed if he just sticks out the franchise tags.

So why give up all the leverage?

If he got hit by a car tomorrow and never played again he'd still be set for life with what I'd imagine is nearly $50 million in career earnings, so at this point it's more about respect, market value, and probably the fact that he doesn't even want to be in Washington long term anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Just one game? How is that possible? I thought the first suspension was for four games.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Just one game? How is that possible? I thought the first suspension was for four games.
You expect consistency out of the commissioner's office? Pfffft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You expect consistency out of the commissioner's office? Pfffft.
Busted for possessing weed, one game. Never get caught but test positive for weed? 4 games, 10 games or more.

Yeah I really don't understand this stuff.

midswat

... soon
Chargers are a snakebit franchise.

Idc though. That's what they get for leaving San Diego.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Skins offer is a joke because essentially it's a two year contract with four one year options and only $53 million guaranteed, which is what he's guaranteed if he just sticks out the franchise tags.
Why don't they just pay him? I get that it sucks to have to pay flawed guys like him a fortune, but that's just what the market is for QBs. And it's not like they have some promising young player ready to take over if he leaves. I don't get it.

I haven't really kept up with it other than hearing that the alcoholic guy liked him a lot more than Allen.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Didn't he break his neck or something in college? I seem to remember him missing a lot of time due to a serious neck or back injury.

Edit: I see that he ran into a goalpost in 2015 and broke bones in his neck.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
All the man is going to do from now on is continue to model uniforms. He has been a nothing in the pros. Blame injury but some of us said the his physical structure and lack of knowledge of the game would keep him sidelined.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

And, the Kaep defenders are out in full force in this thread.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And, the Kaep defenders are out in full force in this thread.
What a lot of people just don't get with the Kaepernick thing is that there is a strong possibility the guy may not want to sign just anywhere to be a backup. Harbaugh supposedly has contacted him and implied he has not made up his mind where and what he wants.

I know it is fun to paint him as a victim, but I think that is horseshit. Is he better than nearly all the backups that have been signed? Sure. But it takes two to tango and if he wants a job on his terms, that could be an explanation. What the social justice warriors don't get is the ball is in his court. All he would have to do to prove he is blackballed is come right out and say, yes, I am committed to playing football and I just want an opportunity. He is silent, which tells me he is not exactly all in on giving up the crusader thing and wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom