2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Saints vs. Broncos on NFLN featuring Breesus now. NO has some of the crappiest looking fake grass in the league. It looks like cheap shag carpet that's been walked on for over forty years.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh wow....he actually has skills.

He may have a future in it if that video is any indication.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's looking more and more likely that the Skins are going to have to tag Cousins again. Tag deadline is today at 4 EST. No deal yet, and it sounds like they aren't even close.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's looking more and more likely that the Skins are going to have to tag Cousins again. Tag deadline is today at 4 EST. No deal yet, and it sounds like they aren't even close.
IMO, they are really looking like complete dicks in this statement.

Good luck in free agency, Bruce.

Cotton

Staff member
Why would any player want to play year to year? The risk of career-ending injury would be terrifying going that route.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why would any player want to play year to year? The risk of career-ending injury would be terrifying going that route.
Injury is a natural part of the game regardless.

If the money is guaranteed, that would be one thing. But it is not. In Cousins' case, he pockets the guaranteed money on the tag this year and either breaks the bank with a team like the 49ers next year.

Long term contracts are mostly full of things (re: money) that are not likely to be seen.

Cotton

Staff member
Injury is a natural part of the game regardless.

If the money is guaranteed, that would be one thing. But it is not. In Cousins' case, he pockets the guaranteed money on the tag this year and either breaks the bank with a team like the 49ers next year.

Long term contracts are mostly full of things (re: money) that are not likely to be seen.
Yeah, but what if he has a season ending injury this year? If he is not under contract he loses a fuck ton of money. That quote you posted said they offered him $72 mill in guaranteed money. He is risking losing about 50 million by going with the tag this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but what if he has a season ending injury this year? If he is not under contract he loses a fuck ton of money. That quote you posted said they offered him $72 mill in guaranteed money. He is risking losing about 50 million by going with the tag this year.
Season ending injury? Someone will still pay him a boat load in free agency. He'd still get the 50 mil + signing bonus somewhere.

Maybe you meant to say career ending injury. But name how often that happens with a QB?

Cotton

Staff member
Season ending injury? Someone will still pay him a boat load in free agency. He'd still get the 50 mil + signing bonus somewhere.

Maybe you meant to say career ending injury. But name how often that happens with a QB?
I meant career ending injury, and it very well have happened to a QB just last year in Bridgewater.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant career ending injury, and it very well have happened to a QB just last year in Bridgewater.
Yeah but how rare is that Bridgewater injury? I mean seriously, name all the other QBs in the last 10 years that happened to? And he would still have the 22 mil, so not exactly tragic.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah but how rare is that Bridgewater injury? I mean seriously, name all the other QBs in the last 10 years that happened to? And he would still have the 22 mil, so not exactly tragic.
He would lose 50 million. That's pretty fucking tragic. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He would lose 50 million. That's pretty fucking tragic. :lol
I'm guessing you're a very risk adverse person. But if the odds of having a career ending injury are less than 1 in 100, it's absolutely worth the risk. You'll pocket more than 72 mil next year in signing bonus from someone plus you get the 20 something mil guaranteed this season.

And if you hit that very unlikely snake eyes you still have 22 mil or whatever to dry your tears with.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm guessing you're a very risk adverse person. But if the odds of having a career ending injury are less than 1 in 100, it's absolutely worth the risk. You'll pocket more than 72 mil next year in signing bonus from someone plus you get the 20 something mil guaranteed this season.

And if you hit that very unlikely snake eyes you still have 22 mil or whatever to dry your tears with.
Yes, I am very risk averse. But, this isn't just one year he is doing this. This is the second year. Changes those odds. I think he is dumb for not taking the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom