2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you believe the Blogging the Boys people, he is a Dallas scout. After reading this, it explains a lot on why we struggle to identify problem areas and fix them.

Yep. Bringing back Sanchez and Kitna as QB coach will solve a lot. :dunce
Yeah I don't believe for a second he is a scout and Sanchez literally makes zero sense.

QB coach I get though. He has a point there. Just not sure if Kitna would be my guy on that one. But I've never met Kitna, maybe he has savant like abilities like Romo does. I want someone like that as my QB coach. A guy that can teach Dak what the defense is doing before they ever do it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And the same playbook. Brilliant.
True. It is not the playbook. They dumbed it down and gave Prescott simple reads of half the field and had scripted throws. This year they allowed him to audible and thought he had the brainpower to be like Romo. We know that was a mistake now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I don't believe for a second he is a scout and Sanchez literally makes zero sense.

QB coach I get though. He has a point there. Just not sure if Kitna would be my guy on that one. But I've never met Kitna, maybe he has savant like abilities like Romo does. I want someone like that as my QB coach. A guy that can teach Dak what the defense is doing before they ever do it.
Kitna knew Garrett's system. I am not certain he will be able to help Prescott. I don't think he will ever be the mental type of QB it takes to succeed in this offensive scheme.

If they were smart, they would bring in someone who can change the system to fit Prescott's strengths, primarily his mobility.

Bringing in Kitna would be like bringing in a language tutor to someone who really is not equipped to learn it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kitna knew Garrett's system. I am not certain he will be able to help Prescott. I don't think he will ever be the mental type of QB it takes to succeed in this offensive scheme.

If they were smart, they would bring in someone who can change the system to fit Prescott's strengths, primarily his mobility.

Bringing in Kitna would be like bringing in a language tutor to someone who really is not equipped to learn it.
I actually think having Romo on the sidelines last year helped Dak a lot. But he also knew Garrett's system. But Romo also knows that you have to take shots down field even if the coach isn't calling for them. If Kitna was like that I'd be all for it. I just don't know that much about Kitna.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Evidently Dez is not open to taking a pay cut. This whole situation is going to come to a head at some point:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000899155/article/dez-bryant-on-taking-pay-cut-in-2018-hell-no-man
I don't blame Dez. I wouldn't volunteer to take a pay cut either. Knowing the dynamics of NFL contracts and how cut throat the business is, why would you?

I doubt there's a single person on this board who would voluntarily take a pay cut if you were in an NFL player's position.

Restructuring your deal to create cap space is one thing, but taking a flat out pay cut......absolutely not.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Why would their be any fighting? They dont show it on the field. Not going to show it in the clubhouse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is absolutely true. I've said it before, we give away 90% of what we are going to do based on formation alone. And then down and distance basically give the defense the rest of the information. Third down passing situation and defenses know exactly what Beasley is going to do. On first down when we roll 3 TE's out there with 1 WR, it's pretty fucking obvious what we are doing. And maybe if we had a TE that was more like a WR type threat that wouldn't be the case but we either don't have that guy or refuse to use any of our TE's that way. We run so many god damn formations, it's like we have a formation for each play that we like to run. Of course the defense is going to look at the formation and diagnose what we are doing. It's why I'm jealous of a team like the Packers who basically march one formation on the field and never substitute. It keeps the defense off balance and then they aren't able to substitute based on down and distance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just waiting for us to fucking run another option with Dak and get him killed against the Eagles. Every time he gets crushed I cringe. We really have started to abuse his athleticism this year and that stuff absolutely takes away from his throwing. When a guy is fatigued from running and has a sore shoulder from the hit he just took, it makes it really hard to complete the 15 yard pass.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If you believe the Blogging the Boys people, he is a Dallas scout. After reading this, it explains a lot on why we struggle to identify problem areas and fix them.

Yep. Bringing back Sanchez and Kitna as QB coach will solve a lot. :dunce
The BTB worship of Birddog is one of the more pathetic things I've ever seen. Reminds me of CZ hanging on Hostile and sdogo's every word.

Also, doesn't that "scout" know we do plenty of RPOs already? Most would say too many, in fact.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm just waiting for us to fucking run another option with Dak and get him killed against the Eagles. Every time he gets crushed I cringe. We really have started to abuse his athleticism this year and that stuff absolutely takes away from his throwing. When a guy is fatigued from running and has a sore shoulder from the hit he just took, it makes it really hard to complete the 15 yard pass.
It's mindless.

They have the arrogance to think it will work for them when the identical approach got Mike Shanahan fired over RG3.

There's a god damned good reason the NFL doesn't run the QB option.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Hilarious show that no one watched.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Albert Breer:

3. Cowboys set to make changes, too. Jerry Jones has publicly proclaimed that Jason Garrett’s job is safe for 2018. He stopped short of giving the same assurance for Garrett’s assistants, and the list of those who won’t be examined closely next week is very short. I’m told plenty of assistant coaches have expiring contracts, which makes this an easy time for Dallas to overhaul the staff, if it so desires.

Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli is the coach who appears to be on the thinnest ice, in part thanks to an inability to adjust on a game-to-game basis, something that showed up against an Eagles team that is very familiar to Dallas, and in how the Chargers and Packers easily roasted the Cowboys’ man-to-man looks earlier in the year. The Cowboys turned over a lot of personnel on that side of the ball, of course, and that’s part of where the problems were, but there’s also a feeling not enough was done to prop up rookies like Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie, who were quickly thrown in the fire.

As for the offense, if the changes aren’t as big on the sideline, I’d expect there will be some significant ones coming on the field. Dez Bryant clearly has lost a step, and his ability to extend his prime will come down to whether or not he can adjust his game the way Larry Fitzgerald did a few years ago—becoming better at the little things, and dedicating himself through training and nutrition. Even if he does that, it’s clear Dallas needs to get more explosive, with Bryant not the downfield threat he once was. I’d expect an effort to fix that, and maybe add some depth to an offensive line that clearly missed Ron Leary and Doug Free.

There’s plenty of work to do for the Jones family. The good news? The guys they’ve had in place, and that includes Garrett and personnel czar Will McClay, have done a pretty good job reworking the team as they’ve gone the past few years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Read some more of Birddog's twitter. That guy is either a moron or lying about being a scout. In just a few different posts he claims he'd put in more RPOs, then later says he doesn't think much of the RPOs in our offense because they're so easy to stop. Says all you have to do is "blitz" your DL, use a robber, and hit people in the mouth. :dunce

Then he claims Wade Wilson is a great coach but he doesn't have enough time to work with the QB because he's too busy with game plans, thus the Kitna mention. So the QB coach doesn't have enough time to work with the QBs... and for some reason he has less time after the first year. :dunce

Seriously, this is either some wannabe trolling twitter/BTB or he's an actual old scout so senile he doesn't know what's what anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read some more of Birddog's twitter. That guy is either a moron or lying about being a scout. In just a few different posts he claims he'd put in more RPOs, then later says he doesn't think much of the RPOs in our offense because they're so easy to stop. Says all you have to do is "blitz" your DL, use a robber, and hit people in the mouth. :dunce

Then he claims Wade Wilson is a great coach but he doesn't have enough time to work with the QB because he's too busy with game plans, thus the Kitna mention. So the QB coach doesn't have enough time to work with the QBs... and for some reason he has less time after the first year. :dunce

Seriously, this is either some wannabe trolling twitter/BTB or he's an actual old scout so senile he doesn't know what's what anymore.
Sounds like a dude that finds some language to use that sounds smart but when you actually pay attention to what he is saying and not just the words he is using he sounds like a grade A retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom