2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't think Dez's career is over. I just don't think he is a number 1 WR anymore and his pride just doesn't allow him to take a back seat. Dez for example has 125 targets this year. The next closest player on the team is Williams with 74. It's not even close. Yet Williams has caught 51 of those balls. Dez on the other hand has only caught 66.

Williams is the more effective of the two guys and it's not really that close. But no one mistakes Williams for a number 1 WR. Dez still has a lot of usefulness near the goal line. But he shouldn't be the focal point of anyone's passing attack.
Not taking up for Dez, but Williams catches are easier throws then Dez’s. Most of Dez’s catches are jump balls or long balls and most of Williams catches are in the middle of the field or easier ones so he can BODY catch them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not taking up for Dez, but Williams catches are easier throws then Dez’s. Most of Dez’s catches are jump balls or long balls and most of Williams catches are in the middle of the field or easier ones so he can BODY catch them.
Dez makes the easy catches look hard. Not saying Williams is a number one WR because he isn't. But whatever the reason, if you're only completing 50% of the balls to your top WR then you shouldn't throw him so many balls.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That’s on the coaches not scheming Dez open since he obviously can’t do it on his own. And, even when he can get open, he drops the fucking thing or bats it up in the air for a free INT.

Cotton

Staff member
Dez makes the easy catches look hard. Not saying Williams is a number one WR because he isn't. But whatever the reason, if you're only completing 50% of the balls to your top WR then you shouldn't throw him so many balls.
Correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah and I hated it. Seemed like we always took the lead and then gave it up with an end of half score and a score out of half time. Part of the problem is Garrett is terrible at managing the clock so we rarely had the ball last before half time.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fucking retarded.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That tells me that Williams is a better route runner and is better at creating separation.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that it's all hands on deck this weekend against the Eagles. The Cowboys will not be resting starters.

#FINISHTHEFIGHT

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wonder what next year's pointless rallying cry will be.

We've had Finish the Fight, 17 inches, and Do Your Job in recent years.

Maybe we can borrow "trust the process" from the Sixers. Or maybe "love the process".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Four teams in under a year. But yeah, we can fix him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Four teams in under a year. But yeah, we can fix him.
I assume he has a serious mental malfunction. But I think I prefer that on my practice squad over these run of the mill 6'1" slow ass WR's that we always stash on the practice squad that have no ability to separate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Well, Cannon is the speed guy we need.

Too bad he is another body catcher that can't run routes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

:lol
That dude is an idiot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That dude is an idiot.
If you believe the Blogging the Boys people, he is a Dallas scout. After reading this, it explains a lot on why we struggle to identify problem areas and fix them.

Yep. Bringing back Sanchez and Kitna as QB coach will solve a lot. :dunce

Cotton

Staff member
If you believe the Blogging the Boys people, he is a Dallas scout. After reading this, it explains a lot on why we struggle to identify problem areas and fix them.

And the same playbook. Brilliant.

Cotton

Staff member

And, that tool is no scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom