2017 Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's a contract thing.
Not really that as much as they know his contract will expire and they don't intend to resign him.

Still seems like 13 sacks over 3 years isn't too bad for an NFL DT. He might not be a star but seems solid by the numbers. I know the Ravens painted him as a disappointment but I'm not sure why.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not really that as much as they know his contract will expire and they don't intend to resign him.

Still seems like 13 sacks over 3 years isn't too bad for an NFL DT. He might not be a star but seems solid by the numbers. I know the Ravens painted him as a disappointment but I'm not sure why.
Wish we would get creative like this.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are some insane guarantees.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Looks like Marshawn might be a Raider next year.
Both guys have questions surrounding them, but I would rather take a chance on AP than Lynch.

Much greater potential for a big year from AP than Lynch.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hankins is a big loss for the Giants considering they have exactly 0 depth along the DL.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Maybe old news but I saw that Richard Sherman may get dealt. Any interest?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hankins is a big loss for the Giants considering they have exactly 0 depth along the DL.
I agree, and that team was a real bitch to run against. It was part of the reason our offense struggled so much against their defense. Hankins was a big part of that. If we can start to run better against that defense it will go a long way to helping our offense dominate them again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe old news but I saw that Richard Sherman may get dealt. Any interest?
He is a very scheme specific corner. You take him out of that system and I don't think he will be the same type of player. It's one of those situations where I think he is more valuable to the Seahawks in their defensive scheme then he would be anywhere else. Plus he is 29 years old and the Seahawks wants a first round pick in an extremely deep and talented corner class.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree, and that team was a real bitch to run against. It was part of the reason our offense struggled so much against their defense. Hankins was a big part of that. If we can start to run better against that defense it will go a long way to helping our offense dominate them again.
Maybe, although I think you can give Elliott a pass for the first game and then he ran for over 100 on about 4.5 YPC in the second game. I think our offense's struggles in the second game had more to do with it being Dak's first real cold weather game, and I hope that he can improve in those conditions moving forward.

Their defense is tough but I think we should be able to roll up 20-27 points on them in Dallas this year.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'm more interested in beefing up the pass rush but we also let pretty much the whole starting secondary walk so I thought there may be some interest.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, although I think you can give Elliott a pass for the first game and then he ran for over 100 on about 4.5 YPC in the second game. I think our offense's struggles in the second game had more to do with it being Dak's first real cold weather game, and I hope that he can improve in those conditions moving forward.

Their defense is tough but I think we should be able to roll up 20-27 points on them in Dallas this year.
Yeah the second game the weather just sucked in general. It was cold and windy.

4.5 is great for most RBs, but we also know that with our O-line and Zeke's talent more is certainly possible. Shit the man was averaging 5.1 ypc on the season. Of course the Giants had the second best run defense in the NFL last year. I'm just hoping those numbers fall off for them.

Cotton

Staff member
Titans released Jason McCourty.

I think I make that phone call.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Usually for the running game to average more than 4.5 a clip you need at least the threat of a passing game.

In that Giants game we had nothing.

Top Bottom