2017 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dallas picks Charlton as their first selection. 6' 5". Longer wing span (reach). Than most other pass rushers on the board. Assuming he is still on the board and I think he will be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What's weird about this draft is I normally have a clear cut favorite I want at our first pick. I don't this year really. I mean, maybe Barnett, but even with him I'm not going to be pissed if it's not him. Just tons of talent in the top half of this draft. It's going to be a fun (maybe infuriating) next two days.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What's weird about this draft is I normally have a clear cut favorite I want at our first pick. I don't this year really. I mean, maybe Barnett, but even with him I'm not going to be pissed if it's not him. Just tons of talent in the top half of this draft. It's going to be a fun (maybe infuriating) next two days.
I would say Harris is my guy. Its too bad he's been shooting up boards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not in my book.

Frankly I am leaning heavily towards Tabor, Tankersly, Conley (I can dream, right?), Moreau, Sidney Jones, or Marcus Williams at 60.

Regardless of what we do at 28, cause I don't draft like that.

Those guys above there are much better values than Rivers or Basham at 60... those are the guys I want at that spot even if we take Jackson at 28. Its not like we can't use two corners. Besides we'll still need an outside corner since Jackson is slot only. :art
Schmitty would take corners in the first two rounds.

~faints~

Oh, and you better add Josh Jones to your second round wish list, or I will f'n kill you.

Have a nice day.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey, did you guys know that wing span is another way to describe somebody's reach?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be quite pissed if Barnett were available and we passed.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd be quite pissed if Barnett were available and we passed.
I meant if he goes before our pick I won't be pissed. If we pass on him that might be a different story.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

~faints~

Oh, and you better add Josh Jones to your second round wish list, or I will f'n kill you.

Have a nice day.
Love me some Josh Jones. I'd have him over Marcus Williams but I think Josh Jones is gone by 60. Hell I don't think he is much behind someone like Obi.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life

~faints~

Have a nice day.
Not entirely accurate. I wouldn't take a CB at 28.

But I would take one at 60 again if someone else had forced me to have a CB at 28.

And Josh Jones is on my wish list at 60 like Tyus Bowser is... ie, no chance.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If I'm the Browns, I am going up for Trubisky instead of taking him at 1.

Get Garrett, and then move up for the QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey, did you guys know that wing span is another way to describe somebody's reach?

In basketball and gridiron football, a fingertip-to-fingertip measurement is used to determine the player's wingspan, also called armspan. This is called reach in boxing terminology. The wingspan of 16-year-old BeeJay Anya, a top basketball Junior Class of 2013 prospect who now plays for the NC State Wolfpack, was officially measured at 7 feet, 9 inches across, one of the longest of all National Basketball Association draft prospects, and the longest ever for a non-7-foot player.[1] The wingspan of Manute Bol, at 8 feet 6 inches (2.59 m), is (as of 2013) the longest in NBA history, and his vertical reach was 10 feet 5 inches (3.18 m).[2][3]

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like Williams as a pure FS as well. His ball skills are amazing. The guy has terrific hands and concentration when the ball is in the air. Like a poor mans Hooker in this draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Love me some Josh Jones. I'd have him over Marcus Williams but I think Josh Jones is gone by 60. Hell I don't think he is much behind someone like Obi.
I've been an Obi guy all along, and I would take Jones over him.

Top Bottom