2017 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

townsend

Banned
Since the 2014 draft, this team has been constructing our roster a lot more like I would expect from a team like the Ravens or Steelers. Even during the Parcells era I didn't feel like we had this much consistency to philosophy. For 20 years we've been bitching about Jerry's lack of long term vision. I think the brain trust is actually planning 2 or 3 years ahead, for the first time since the 90s.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We at least appear to have a plan now. And then, by George, we go out and kill it. It' refreshing to see.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm really curious about this pick. Seems to have some potential but is pretty raw.

Would love for him to work out and give Dak another big target to throw to.
Brown has it. He just needs to work to keep it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
FWIW they said on the draft show today that Malik McDowell did not give the Cowboys good vibes during his interview process.

So if that's the case then obviously do not want him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
FWIW they said on the draft show today that Malik McDowell did not give the Cowboys good vibes during his interview process.

So if that's the case then obviously do not want him.
Too many concerns, not enough production, not a good enough fit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw that KD Cannon got cut yesterday by the 49ers.

I can't find any specifics as to why he was cut so soon. For you guys living in Texas, have they said anything on the radio or TV about why he was cut?

You've got to be a major problem child to get cut after 3-day rookie camp.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I can't find any specifics as to why he was cut so soon. For you guys living in Texas, have they said anything on the radio or TV about why he was cut?

Sounds like major attitude issues. Was even affecting his practicing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sounds like major attitude issues. Was even affecting his practicing.
I'll never understand why some of these guys choose to piss away a golden opportunity like this.

My guess is that he was probably pissy after not being drafting. But he shouldn't be surprised. I read that the NFL Draft committee told him before he declared that he should to return to Baylor because he only had 7th round grade.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'll never understand why some of these guys choose to piss away a golden opportunity like this.

My guess is that he was probably pissy after not being drafting. But he shouldn't be surprised. I read that the NFL Draft committee told him before he declared that he should to return to Baylor because he only had 7th round grade.
I understand being pissed about not being drafted. It's the reaction to that emotion I don't understand. If one fails or comes up short at something it should just make them want to work even harder the next time so as not to fail again. Being a child about it brings about the results one would expect.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

I won't lie, I wanted him because I thought he'd bring that speed dynamic that we've been missing.. But if he's going to have a piss poor attitude then fuck him.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Sounds like a loose cannon...

:tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I won't lie, I wanted him because I thought he'd bring that speed dynamic that we've been missing.. But if he's going to have a piss poor attitude then fuck him.
I don't think Garrett and Co would know what to do with a speed receiver.

Top Bottom