2017 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did know that.

Doesn't make what I said untrue.
True but there is a very strong correlation between pressure and sacks. So it sort of discredits your claim that pressure leads to picks.

Coverage is really what leads to picks. The players are part of it but so are the coverages you run. Man coverage just doesn't lead to a lot of picks for example.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
He should claim he did it to all the teams he doesn't want to go to.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As far as taking Adoree Jackson in the first, on the surface I don't like it at all. Especially if we bypass a pass rusher to do it. But I do like the player. And I think he'd be a good player for us right from the start. I just hope that we wouldn't get scared of him getting hurt by using him as a return man. He could instantly be one of the top return guys in the NFL.

If the pass rush targets are gone, I guess I could see it. And I won't throw an immediate fit until after I see how the first 4 rounds go. If we can come away with somebody like Tarrel Basham/Tyus Bowser/Derek Rivers in the 2nd it would instantly make the selection of Jackson more palatable.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Proclaimed his innocence to all, you say?

Huh. That's surprising. I would have figured he'd have admitted his guilt to at least a couple of them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I don't get Trubisky. Good athlete, ok arm, ok size, and minimal experience. Looks like a second/third round type to me.

Pass on Wentz to take Trubisky. That's beyond me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Sorry, Cleveland. I raped that bitch, and I'd do it again.
If he is there with our second I don't think I'd hesitate to pick him. I'm sure Jerry would get pegged for another gambler second round pick but I think there is zero risk with this kid.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As far as taking Adoree Jackson in the first, on the surface I don't like it at all. Especially if we bypass a pass rusher to do it. But I do like the player. And I think he'd be a good player for us right from the start. I just hope that we wouldn't get scared of him getting hurt by using him as a return man. He could instantly be one of the top return guys in the NFL.

If the pass rush targets are gone, I guess I could see it. And I won't throw an immediate fit until after I see how the first 4 rounds go. If we can come away with somebody like Tarrel Basham/Tyus Bowser/Derek Rivers in the 2nd it would instantly make the selection of Jackson more palatable.
Bowser is a pipe dream at 60.

I will applaud if we take him at 28.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think he goes before 60. Shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bowser is a pipe dream at 60.

I will applaud if we take him at 28.
I wouldn't be shocked if he went before 28 honestly.

If we go CB at 28 and end up with Basham, or even Rivers at 60 it'd make up for going CB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

If we go CB at 28 and end up with Basham, or even Rivers at 60 it'd make up for going CB.
Bowser looks like a perfect 3-4 LBer. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Steelers or Ravens take him in the first.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Not in my book.

Frankly I am leaning heavily towards Tabor, Tankersly, Conley (I can dream, right?), Moreau, Sidney Jones, or Marcus Williams at 60.

Regardless of what we do at 28, cause I don't draft like that.

Those guys above there are much better values than Rivers or Basham at 60... those are the guys I want at that spot even if we take Jackson at 28. Its not like we can't use two corners. Besides we'll still need an outside corner since Jackson is slot only. :art

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not in my book.

Frankly I am leaning heavily towards Tabor, Tankersly, Conley (I can dream, right?), Moreau, Sidney Jones, or Marcus Williams at 60.

Regardless of what we do at 28, cause I don't draft like that.

Those guys above there are much better values than Rivers or Basham at 60... those are the guys I want at that spot even if we take Jackson at 28. Its not like we can't use two corners. Besides we'll still need an outside corner since Jackson is slot only. :art
Basham is one of my favorite players in the draft and I'd put him above all of those DB's, especially with so many of them coming with question marks. I'm also not a huge Marcus Williams fan, he'd be fine at 60 but he's a bit one dimensional and not much of a tackler, he's really a finesse guy.

So that's why it'd make up for the CB, for me at least, because I love Basham so much. I wouldn't even be mad if we took him at 28 to be honest, I'd be shocked but it'd be a Frederick type of situation for me where he was one of my very top choices in the 2nd.

Anyway, I'd 100% take a King/Basham duo over a Watt/Bowser and any one of those DB's duo.

The real question for me would be if you change Basham to Rivers, who I don't like quite as much but who I still think would be a solid choice at 60, or if you change King to someone like White.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah... and ain't nobody taking Rivers in the first.
True but great players get over looked all the time. I think Rivers is one of those guys. Look at his productivity in college, his size/speed, his frame and his ability to turn thr corner and I think he is a guy that is getting underrated.

Bowser is a guy I think is getting overrated. He is a second rounder who has gotten some hype and momentum as of late. But go watch his sack tape. The guy is basically never doing what we would ask him to do. He is almost never lining up and beating an OT around the corner. He instead is getting unblocked sacks. And a few where he stunts hard inside the OT and they don't expect it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
True but great players get over looked all the time. I think Rivers is one of those guys. Look at his productivity in college, his size/speed, his frame and his ability to turn thr corner and I think he is a guy that is getting underrated.

Bowser is a guy I think is getting overrated. He is a second rounder who has gotten some hype and momentum as of late. But go watch his sack tape. The guy is basically never doing what we would ask him to do. He is almost never lining up and beating an OT around the corner. He instead is getting unblocked sacks. And a few where he stunts hard inside the OT and they don't expect it.
I think Bowser and Watt should both start off at SAM LB in base and move around in nickel/dime, standing up and putting their hand down. Neither of them has ever played with their hand down and forcing them to play DE 35-40 snaps a game would be idiotic.

Top Bottom