2017 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I say we let both Butler and Williams walk. I like both guys, although Butler sadly left a bad taste in everyone's mouths with his performance the last game. But I would like for the 2nd WR spot next to Dez to be open. I feel like we could roll the dice with a really talented malcontent over there who wants to redeem his career ala Josh Gordon or Martavius Bryant.

Definitely would like to see Claiborne and Church return from that list.
Not sure Claiborne will ever be capable of making it past his injuries. He can't seen to stay in the lineup. I would be very cautious with any contract especially the bonus structure and guarantees. I think I would have a lot of performance clauses in the deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure Claiborne will ever be capable of making it past his injuries. He can't seen to stay in the lineup. I would be very cautious with any contract especially the bonus structure and guarantees. I think I would have a lot of performance clauses in the deal.
I agree, if you could promise me 16 games out of him I would be all in. The problem is you can't expect that. So all you can give him is a prove it contract. Which means if you luck into a great season he will go cash in with a big contract somewhere else.

Gordon and Bryant are guys we should stay as far away as possible from. We have amazing team chemistry, no way in hell I bring in a major cancer to start.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It was a shittier performance. They should have dropped well into the 40's, just like vs Detroit. Instead they choked on penalties and sacks taking too many plays to move upfield.

Green Bay can dish it out, but they can't take it. Instead our offense laid an egg when it needed big plays the most. We knew the defense was going to have problems. We needed the offense and it failed us.
What game were you watching?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well that elite offense got stuffed by a very average GB defense until it was nearly too late.

I want a lot more than statistics for this team.
They were not stuffed. The defense allowed 3 straight touchdowns. Placing the offense in a HUGE hole.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They were not stuffed. The defense allowed 3 straight touchdowns. Placing the offense in a HUGE hole.
While the O dicked around for a whole 3 points.

This is a team built around the offense, and we're complaining about the defense? We let an average Packer defense push us around from the start to where a single sack or penalty ended our drives. That's not championship offense.

Meanwhile the Falcons did nearly the opposite on their first three drives.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

This is a team built around the offense, and we're complaining about the defense? We let an average Packer defense push us around from the start to where a single sack or penalty ended our drives. That's not championship offense.

That's a result of the conservative coaching mode in the first half I alluded to earlier.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yep.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Sounds like a progress stopper for Lucky Whitehead. I don't like it

D

Deuce

:towel:towel:towel

#BuiltByUCF

In all seriousness, I said from day 1 they should bring him in. He is a return man phenom. I can't count how many game changing returns he had in college.

dallen

Senior Tech

He doesn't seem all that great tbh. But if he gets Lucky off the team bring him on down

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

#BuiltByUCF

In all seriousness, I said from day 1 they should bring him in. He is a return man phenom. I can't count how many game changing returns he had in college.
Certainly looks better then Lucky as a return man. I don't see the harm in bringing a guy like that in to camp. Of course he looks about as useless as Lucky at WR and it doesn't sound like he returns punts which is where the big plays come in the NFL these days. Kick returns are rare.

D

Deuce

He doesn't seem all that great tbh. But if he gets Lucky off the team bring him on down
Unless he did some major development with Denver and in the CFL, he's as raw as it gets as a WR. He made his impact in college as a return man and mostly catching screens. He has real good speed, lateral quickness and his vision for finding a seam is some of the best. I'm biased, but Lucky doesn't measure up to him imo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett Gilbert among six players to work out for Cowboys
2:00 PM CT
Todd Archer

FRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys had six players in for a workout on Tuesday, including quarterback Garrett Gilbert, who joined the Oakland Raiders late in the season.

Gilbert, who played at Texas before transferring to SMU, was joined by wide receivers Uzoma Nwachakwu, Brian Burnham, Quincy McDuffie and Corey Washington as well as tight end Andy McCleneghen.

Gilbert was signed to the Raiders' practice squad before the playoffs when Matt McGloin suffered an injury late in the season. A sixth-round pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2014, Gilbert has spent time with the New England Patriots, winning a Super Bowl ring in 2014, and the Detroit Lions.

Garrett Gilbert was one of six players to work out for the Cowboys on Tuesday. Al Pereira/Getty Images for New York Jets
The Cowboys’ quarterback spot is unsettled with Tony Romo's status up in the air and Mark Sanchez and Kellen Moore set to become free agents in March. If Romo is released or traded, which is expected considering his $24.7 million cap figure, it would leave the Cowboys with a need behind Dak Prescott, who had 23 touchdown passes and just four interceptions as a rookie.

Burnham caught 79 passes for 1,392 yards and six touchdowns last season for the BC Lions of the CFL. McDuffie led the CFL with a 27.7-yard kick return average for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and had two returns for touchdowns. Nwachakwu played at Texas A&M and has spent time with the Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins and was most recently with the Seattle Seahawks. He also spent time with the BC Lions.

Washington has been with six different teams since 2014 and caught five passes for 52 yards and a touchdown for the New York Giants in 2014.

McCleneghen was a defensive end at SMU, recording three sacks as a senior in 2015, but opted to move to tight end for NFL teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys Sign CFL's Quincy McDuffie

Cowboys Sign CFL's Quincy McDuffie

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

#BuiltByUCF

Link?

Top Bottom