2017 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lemme guess... He was sick just like Reuben Foster, and had to over hydrate.

Dang. Must have been a nasty bug going around.
Yeah he claims he was sick and was drinking like 10 bottles water a day to try and stay hydrated for the combine knowing he was going to probably do LBer and DB drills.

The excuse sounds like bullshit but the guy has zero history failing tests so it's a bit odd to me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah he claims he was sick and was drinking like 10 bottles water a day to try and stay hydrated for the combine knowing he was going to probably do LBer and DB drills.

The excuse sounds like bullshit but the guy has zero history failing tests so it's a bit odd to me.
Drinking an assload of water doesn't really help hydrate you quickly, though. If anything, it would make him sick. Especially while he's trying to do drills. If he was worried about being dehydrated, all he would have to do is tell the medical people on site, and they could have hooked him up with an IV. Instant saline and electrolytes.

I've also heard that he supposedly was drinking a lot of water to get his weight up quickly for weigh in. Drink a gallon of water, and you've instantly gained a little over 8 lbs. That would have been a better excuse than the bullshit, "I was sick and trying to stay hydrated" story.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drinking an assload of water doesn't really help hydrate you quickly, though. If anything, it would make him sick. Especially while he's trying to do drills. If he was worried about being dehydrated, all he would have to do is tell the medical people on site, and they could have hooked him up with an IV. Instant saline and electrolytes.

I've also heard that he supposedly was drinking a lot of water to get his weight up quickly for weigh in. Drink a gallon of water, and you've instantly gained a little over 8 lbs. That would have been a better excuse than the bullshit, "I was sick and trying to stay hydrated" story.
Yeah but no player wants to admitt to chugging water to add weight either. That sounds like a guy scamming the system.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah but no player wants to admitt to chugging water to add weight either. That sounds like a guy scamming the system.
Well, yeah. But giving this excuse would look a lot better to teams than the BS story he gave. At least it would be believable.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Didn't they find the illegal substance that he was trying to mask with water? That's what WFAN in NY reported.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Gareon Conley is being investigated for rape allegations. Sounds like he might not be guilty but it's an ongoing investigation.

Could he be our this year's La'El Collins? Get him in the second or third even would be huge.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gareon Conley is being investigated for rape allegations. Sounds like he might not be guilty but it's an ongoing investigation.

Could he be our this year's La'El Collins? Get him in the second or third even would be huge.
Yeah that really sucks for him. If the investigation doesn't lead to charges, the allegation alone could cost him millions of dollars. If he is innocent it is definitely one of those cases where the prosecutor should than go after the accuser but they won't. They never do. Even though it can ruin a mans life.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

Really thought Conley was going to be our first round pick. I was okay with that. Now it looks like he will go undrafted unless questions get answered in the next 2 days.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

1. Harris
2. Jones
3. Conley

~faint~

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I should turn in my application to work there...
You know how they say that even if you win the lottery you should keep your job -- or some job -- to give you a reason to get up in the morning?

If I won the lottery I would somehow figure out a way to work for the personnel department, even if it's getting them coffee, so I could be a part of that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know how they say that even if you win the lottery you should keep your job -- or some job -- to give you a reason to get up in the morning?

If I won the lottery I would somehow figure out a way to work for the personnel department, even if it's getting them coffee, so I could be a part of that.
Yeah I would too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom