2017 Combine Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a willing blocker and gives effort, he's not as bad as his size would imply. I'd definitely take him in the 2nd but he should be gone by then.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the late first. I think when teams stack him even against the WRs he is going to look good. So a team that needs either a WR or TE might look at him as a legit option at that point.

Just such an insane TE class. The speed those guys all ran at today was amazing. Bucky Hodges ran a great time too at 6'6" 257 pounds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL Combine medals count: Texas A&M, Utah tied after Day 2

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 4, 2017 at 07:01 p.m.
Updated: March 4, 2017 at 07:15 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Texas A&M and Utah are tied after Day 2 of the NFL Scouting Combine medals count, with seven medals each, while a standout performance by John Ross III has put the Washington Huskies in contention.

The medals count awards schools gold, silver and bronze medals for its players who turn in a first-, second- or third-place finish at their position in any event. The updated count will be posted each day, concluding with the final results on Monday, and will be a strong indication of which school performed best.

Utah led after Day 1 with seven medals, but added none Saturday to fall into a tie with the Aggies. Texas A&M picked up three gold medals Saturday as QB Trevor Knight finished first among quarterbacks in the 40-yard dash and vertical jump, while Aggies WR Speedy Noil's 43.5-inch vertical led all receivers. Ross blew away the 40-yard dash field with a 4.22 clocking that broke the combine record of 4.24 previously held by Chris Johnson. Ross also picked up a bronze medal with a third-place finish in the broad jump.

Tennessee and UTEP are tied for third place with five medals each entering Day 3, while Washington currently ranks fifth with four medals.

Here are the results after the second day of drills:

T1. Utah -- GOLD: 3, SILVER: 4, BRONZE: 0, TOTAL: 7

T1. Texas A&M -- GOLD: 3, SILVER: 3, BRONZE: 1, TOTAL: 7

T3. Tennessee -- GOLD: 2, SILVER: 1, BRONZE: 2, TOTAL: 5

T3. UTEP -- GOLD: 0, SILVER: 2, BRONZE: 3, TOTAL: 5

5. Washington -- GOLD: 1, SILVER: 1, BRONZE: 2, TOTAL: 4

T6. Stanford -- GOLD: 2, SILVER: 1, BRONZE: 0, TOTAL: 3

T6. North Carolina -- GOLD: 2, SILVER: 1, BRONZE: 0, TOTAL: 3

T6. Georgia State -- GOLD: 1, SILVER: 2, BRONZE: 0, TOTAL: 3

Two medals: Virginia Tech (2G), TCU (1G, 1S), Wyoming (1G, 1S), Penn State (1G, 1S), Kentucky (1G, 1B), San Diego State (1G, 1B), Ohio State (2S), Western Kentucky (1S, 1B), Oklahoma State (1S, 1B), Alabama (1S, 1B), FIU (1S, 1B), LSU (1S, 1B), Louisiana Tech (1S, 1B), Miami (1S, 1B), South Alabama (2B), Cal (2B), East Carolina (2B), Iowa (2B).

One medal: Ashland (1G), Shepherd (1G), Oklahoma (1G), Oregon (1G), Michigan (1G), Ole Miss (1G), Texas Tech (1G), Temple (1S), Florida State (1S), Pittsburgh (1S), Minnesota (1S), Wake Forest (1S), North Carolina A&T State (1B), Drake (1B), Indiana (1B), Tennessee State (1B), UCLA (1B), Vanderbilt (1B), Boston College (1B), Clemson (1B).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jaleel Johnson had a very slow 40 and just looks like a lump. Doesn't look that slow when you watch him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jaleel Johnson had a very slow 40 and just looks like a lump. Doesn't look that slow when you watch him.
He looks athletic during the drills. Not sure why he couldn't run a better forty.

Taco ran a pretty disappointing forty, maybe he will actually fall to us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Taco ran a pretty disappointing forty, maybe he will actually fall to us.
The guy is 6' 6" 280lbs. What was his time, a 4.9 or something? I think anything sub 5.0 is pretty good at that size.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guy is 6' 6" 280lbs. What was his time, a 4.9 or something? I think anything sub 5.0 is pretty good at that size.
4.92 unofficial. Not that I give a shit. He has the burst and looks athletic. Its just a reason for teams to not take him in the top 15.

I think he weighed in a bit less then the 280 as well. I believe they said he was under 270 but could be wrong.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great time for McDowell.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, that is not bad. Not like McDowell though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Too bad Lawson has injury issues because he has production and the numbers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree. Lots of potential and minimal production. It's the type of player coaches lose their job over.
He is a step above your average coach killer. He even brags that he's a challenge to coach. Don't have time for that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tanoh Kpassagnon ran a 4.83. At 6' 7" 280.
Some freakish athletes in this class, but have you ever watched Kpassagnon? Very stiff player and that athleticism does not always translate.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Some freakish athletes in this class, but have you ever watched Kpassagnon? Very stiff player and that athleticism does not always translate.
No, I've never watched him outside of his highlight clips. And those look great. But you have to wonder why with that size and those highlights, was he initially projected as a 3rd-4th rounder. He'll probably get taken higher than that, because it's hard not to be blinded a little by his measurables.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
4.92 unofficial. Not that I give a shit. He has the burst and looks athletic. Its just a reason for teams to not take him in the top 15.

I think he weighed in a bit less then the 280 as well. I believe they said he was under 270 but could be wrong.
He weighed in at 277 at the Combine.

Top Bottom