2017 Combine Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like we could grab a guy like Zay Jones, Carlos Henderson, Isaiah Ford, Kupp, Hansen, Taywan Taylor or Godwin on the second day to be our 2nd WR and not have much drop off from Williams. Obviously some of those guys are more 2nd round types while others are more 3rd round types but nonetheless I'd be confident with any of them as our number two.

We'd probably be fine with guys like Westbrook or Smith-Schuster too.
I kind of like Darboh, Josh Reynolds and Dedee Westbrook as well.

Just a draft packed with middle round WRs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zay Jones has been tearing it up this offseason. With his performance in the senior bowl and the combine, I doubt he makes it too far into the 2nd round. Certainly not all the way down to our pick. As long as he doesn't blow his pro day and visits, he should be a lock for early to mid 2nd, imo. I wouldn't be shocked if somebody fell in love with him and he snuck into the bottom of the 1st.
Yeah I really like him. I can't justify our first on him but in the second I'd have no problem if we took him. I think he would be excellent value if he lasted to our second rounder.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I prove I'm a genius again by predicting mahomes 40 times exactly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Josh Malone, Tennessee, I know nothing of him. Someone tell me about him. At his size a 4.41 forty is pretty damn impressive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ross with an unofficial 4.22 forty. That dudes speed is in a different class. Special deep speed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
OJ Howard with a 4.51 forty.

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member
Njoku with a 4.7.

Meh.

Cotton

Staff member
Evan Engram with a 4.43 and a 4.42.

That is smoking fast for a TE.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Evan Engram with a 4.43 and a 4.42.

That is smoking fast for a TE.
Yeah that's WR fast. Of course he might not block much better then a WR. Still that dude locked himself a high second rounder probably.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about George Kittle from Iowa. Runs a 4.51 forty at 247 pounds and 6'4". Loved him at Iowa, I wonder what he could have done in a real passing offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How about George Kittle from Iowa. Runs a 4.51 forty at 247 pounds and 6'4". Loved him at Iowa, I wonder what he could have done in a real passing offense.
7th round only. Good blocker though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
7th round only. Good blocker though.
He is an excellent blocker, you have to be at Iowa. He showed flashes too as a receiver. We just threw the ball so little it was insane. Most college fans don't know what it's like to have their starting QB throw for 90 yards in some games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah that's WR fast. Of course he might not block much better then a WR. Still that dude locked himself a high second rounder probably.
He's a willing blocker and gives effort, he's not as bad as his size would imply. I'd definitely take him in the 2nd but he should be gone by then.

Top Bottom