2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Gruden is going to Texas Tech. No need to hope [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION].

Btw. .... You alright?
Is Kliff gone this year too? Or does he get another season?

midswat

... soon
I don’t care what happens with Tennessee. I do care about getting entertained by but his board and either making fun of you if this falls through or your being butthurt by the threat of getting made fun of it providing that for me.
If.... and that’s a reach..... Gruden isn’t hired, by all means @ me all you want. Your words won’t bother me. Promise.

On that note: SOON

:art

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Honestly I can only guess. I think he is definitely gone of they don't make a bowl. We need to either beat TCU or Texas for that to happen. Skid or Iamtdg would probably know more than me if anything definite has been said.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Story going around is he refused to fire Bielema. Man there's a lot of schools in the coaching search this year
A lot of turnover in the SEC. Sumlin could join that list as well. I'm not even completely sold that Ogeron is safe at LSU. Part of it is there's a lot of unrealistic expectations among boosters and the fan base.

midswat

... soon
A lot of turnover in the SEC. Sumlin could join that list as well. I'm not even completely sold that Ogeron is safe at LSU. Part of it is there's a lot of unrealistic expectations among boosters and the fan base.
Didn’t they (unjustifiably) give Ogeron a really high buyout? Thought I read that and he might keep his job because of that reason alone.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Didn’t they (unjustifiably) give Ogeron a really high buyout? Thought I read that and he might keep his job because of that reason alone.
Good point. They'd owe him something like $12 million, IIRC. Plus they are still paying Les Miles.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that he has every opportunity to stay another year. Honestly, if he wins one more game I would almost guarantee it. If things keep going the way that they are there's not gonna be any butts in seats. I could see a situation where he loses out and still gets another year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think that he has every opportunity to stay another year. Honestly, if he wins one more game I would almost guarantee it. If things keep going the way that they are there's not gonna be any butts in seats. I could see a situation where he loses out and still gets another year.
I agree. There is a lot of chatter about him possibly being gone, but it is not within the athletic department. My guess is he gets at least one more year. That is, unless they can get a booster to pay for his buyout.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm pretty sure Sumlin is gone, even Liucci the owner over at Texags is saying he's out and he's been one of his most diehard supporters

D

Deuce

[MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION] ?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:gorilla

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The giant douche Mayfield strikes again.

Cotton

Staff member
The giant douche Mayfield strikes again.

They should have beat his ass for that. That shit is uncalled for, but not surprising coming from this toolbag.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They should have beat his ass for that. That shit is uncalled for, but not surprising coming from this toolbag.
When you're playing as well as he is you get to write your own dramatic story and the country will love you for it. If people knew what kind of doucher his is they'd change their tune.

He likes the entire "oh I was just a lowly guy who walked-on twice and overcame all of the odds....look at how much of a great story I am inspire of being victim of people not picking me..."

The truth is, he had D1 offers coming out of Lake Travis. LAKE TRAVIS, like, don't come from Lake Travis and pretend you had it rough. He had an offer from Leach @WSU and could have played there. He was a 3 star recruit. He walked-on at Tech and was a starter within a month of him being on campus. He was told to compete for his job, after playing shitty for a few weeks, for the bowl game. He threw a fit and went to OU where he "walked-on" before he very talked to the OU staff.?..MMMMMHHHMMMM, riiiigt...his daddy has connections there and OU tampered. Kliff told him to piss off due to the way he was a bitch and the tampering.

He was never a victim. Read Gary Patterson's comments on the kid a few years ago. He tried to play that victim with Patterson in the media and Patterson put him in place. I hate TCU but I pretty much believe anything he says and he runs a damn good program.

"I like Baker Mayfield. I think he’s a good kid and that’s what disappoints me.

"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that’s fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn’t offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker’s dad [James]. He’s an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father.

"Remember what was going on then. Casey Pachall was in alcohol rehab, we already had Trevone [Boykin], Tyler Matthews was an early commit. When we knew we were getting Casey back, there just wasn’t a need. This stuff happens all the time."

After TCU defeated Oklahoma in 2014, when Mayfield was sitting out the season to satisfy transfer rules but was on the Sooners’ sideline, Patterson accused Mayfield of stealing TCU’s signals. Mayfield played under TCU offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie at Texas Tech. Patterson also addressed that issue with Bernstein: "Baker’s been out for us for awhile."

Cotton

Staff member
When you're playing as well as he is you get to write your own dramatic story and the country will love you for it. If people knew what kind of doucher his is they'd change their tune.

He likes the entire "oh I was just a lowly guy who walked-on twice and overcame all of the odds....look at how much of a great story I am inspire of being victim of people not picking me..."

The truth is, he had D1 offers coming out of Lake Travis. LAKE TRAVIS, like, don't come from Lake Travis and pretend you had it rough. He had an offer from Leach @WSU and could have played there. He was a 3 star recruit. He walked-on at Tech and was a starter within a month of him being on campus. He was told to compete for his job, after playing shitty for a few weeks, for the bowl game. He threw a fit and went to OU where he "walked-on" before he very talked to the OU staff.?..MMMMMHHHMMMM, riiiigt...his daddy has connections there and OU tampered. Kliff told him to piss off due to the way he was a bitch and the tampering.

He was never a victim. Read Gary Patterson's comments on the kid a few years ago. He tried to play that victim with Patterson in the media and Patterson put him in place. I hate TCU but I pretty much believe anything he says and he runs a damn good program.

"I like Baker Mayfield. I think he’s a good kid and that’s what disappoints me.

"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that’s fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn’t offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker’s dad [James]. He’s an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father.

"Remember what was going on then. Casey Pachall was in alcohol rehab, we already had Trevone [Boykin], Tyler Matthews was an early commit. When we knew we were getting Casey back, there just wasn’t a need. This stuff happens all the time."

After TCU defeated Oklahoma in 2014, when Mayfield was sitting out the season to satisfy transfer rules but was on the Sooners’ sideline, Patterson accused Mayfield of stealing TCU’s signals. Mayfield played under TCU offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie at Texas Tech. Patterson also addressed that issue with Bernstein: "Baker’s been out for us for awhile."
He intentionally hit that dude in the head with a football. You can't get much more douchey than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom