2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know what you mean. During halftime on Saturday I looked it up because it crossed my mind that our defense probably hasn't grabbed an INT in about a month. Sure enough we only have 2 INTs on the year. Motley has both of them. The last one coming vs Tulane.

6 games into the season and the defense has only got their hands on 2 INTs and 3 fumbles. You can't win championships like that.
I have already stated that the secondary for OU is weak.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
TCU at number 4 this week. Interesting. IF they can make it through the TExas, OU gauntlet, they will be in the playoff this year. As someone who has to work the games, I like it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
TCU at number 4 this week. Interesting. IF they can make it through the TExas, OU gauntlet, they will be in the playoff this year. As someone who has to work the games, I like it.
After 2014 I still don't trust the system. The selection committee will look for any excuse to squeeze a program like TCU out of the mix because it's not considered a prestigious program.

If things are close I could see them still finding an excuse to shoehorn a program with a larger national following into the playoffs. Even if that program has 1 loss I could see a 1 loss Ohio State team get into the CFB playoffs ahead of an undefeated TCU team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I like TCU and it would be great to see them make the playoffs, but they are not the 4th best team in the nation.

If I were to put together a list of the 10 best teams in the country based on what their ceiling is, TCU would fall somewhere between 8-10 for me.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing them prove me wrong.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Feels like it's Alabama then everyone else this year. They look like they'll stomp the monkey shit out of anyone you throw in front of them.

A lot of people were trying to put Clemson in that category but I was never too high on them. They play down to the competition too often and it caught up with them on Friday night. Their "strong" wins have come against 2 loss Auburn and a very average Louisville team.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I agree, TCU may not be the 4th best, but If it were to shake out to them being in the top for, after screwing them out a national title shot a few years back it would be shameful to do it again.

D

Deuce

Feels like it's Alabama then everyone else this year. They look like they'll stomp the monkey shit out of anyone you throw in front of them.

A lot of people were trying to put Clemson in that category but I was never too high on them. They play down to the competition too often and it caught up with them on Friday night. Their "strong" wins have come against 2 loss Auburn and a very average Louisville team.
Bama is just happy they don't have to face Frost's offensive juggernaut.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The difference between our teams is, mine can play defense and special teams too.
That's easy to say when you aren't in a conference where 80% of the teams are as good as you on offense.

Dammit, that's all I had. How'd I do?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Check out this loser.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Check out this loser.

:lol

Hope he gets it. He wont but I got a chuckle.

midswat

... soon
I thought the Haslams were still deadset against Gruden?
Based on?

They just made a huge donation to the university, which is believed to be to cover the Butch Jones buy out or maybe for Grudens staff....

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Based on?

They just made a huge donation to the university, which is believed to be to cover the Butch Jones buy out or maybe for Grudens staff....
There are a couple threads over on secrant right now on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom