boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit getting personal up in here.

Middie no wikey what happening.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like Tennessee is backing away from the Schiano hire due to fan/booster backlash.

If only it were that simple in the NFL. ~sigh

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I bought what I was told. Anyone but someone I’ve known since middle school tells me Gruden to UT and I don’t believe it. Let alone spend 5 weeks posting about it.

Here’s the thing... I was saying Grudens name before anyone in the media. You guys clowned me for even suggesting t. Today Jason LaCanfora comes out On CBS Sports about it. So it was real. I made nothing up. I shouldn’t have come off so cock sure about it, but again it’s message boarding and I don’t take it that serious.

It is funny though how I made a bunch of guys who claimed not to care about something basically obsess over it with endless posts today.

Go Vols.

Ps - I still say soon. :art
So, Gruden isn't going to Tennessee?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty, pretty, pretty embarrassing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He had a hell of a run. I thought he was on the verge of building something special. Just needed a little more time.

midswat

... soon
Pretty, pretty, pretty embarrassing.

The AD deserves to be fired.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As I was saying... basically obsessing.

Think I talk to my kids about anything DCC related?
Let's keep things in focus here. We are laughing at you, that's what this is about. Everyone but you knew you weren't getting Gruden. That makes for great comedy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
?

Does that mean all your snarky comments to me come from you having hurt feelings?

I don’t care what you all say. If you dish it out, take some. K?
Take your abuse and quit being a poon.

Cotton

Staff member
I bought what I was told. Anyone but someone I’ve known since middle school tells me Gruden to UT and I don’t believe it. Let alone spend 5 weeks posting about it.

Here’s the thing... I was saying Grudens name before anyone in the media. You guys clowned me for even suggesting t. Today Jason LaCanfora comes out On CBS Sports about it. So it was real. I made nothing up. I shouldn’t have come off so cock sure about it, but again it’s message boarding and I don’t take it that serious.

It is funny though how I made a bunch of guys who claimed not to care about something basically obsess over it with endless posts today.

Go Vols.

Ps - I still say soon. :art
There it is.

midswat

... soon
Your abuse doesn’t bother me.

Keep it coming.

Soon.

Cotton

Staff member
Your abuse doesn’t bother me.

Keep it coming.

Soon.
Schiano may fall through, but you aren't getting Gruden. That much is obvious at this point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

midswat

... soon

[MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Just weird.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
All ribbing aside, where does Tennessee go from here? What a cluster.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
All ribbing aside, where does Tennessee go from here? What a cluster.
It’s hard to say because any coach whom they contact now about the job will know that he is really nothing more than an also-ran, not the guy whom they actually wanted.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It’s hard to say because any coach whom they contact now about the job will know that he is really nothing more than an also-ran, not the guy whom they actually wanted.
That's my point. They've tried to go big a few times and missed. The next guy will have to come into a potentially volatile situation where the fan base is disappointed before he even has a chance. I'm interested in how this deal shakes out.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
JFC, coaching in CFB has become one big soap opera called "As the Coaches Turn" or something.

It's no different at ND where a lot of people are calling for Kelly's head after the spectacular collapse the last couple of weeks but the school is stuck with his contract extension after that smoke and mirrors 2012 season. There's no way he goes anywhere because of that because they're sick of paying fired coaches after the Willingham and Weis debacles. The school is not going for that unless there's an uprising by fans and alumni but as long as there are continuous sellouts and the $$ is rolling in, they'll stand pat. It would take another crappy 4-8 season like last year for them to even considered it, otherwise they're stuck with him through 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom