Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

vince

Not So New Member
Wasn't a big fan of former players coming back to coach. Now I'm definitely not. Now I cant remember all the Good games Kliff has as a player. He will be forever known as a blah HC to me.
He did well as OC at A&M though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This was exactly what I said above. That tweet is nothing but click bait.

midswat

... soon
There are some hot young coordinators out there who they could probably sign and who would probably do an outstanding job. And those coordinators would probably be ecstatic to land a first time HC gig at a program like Tennessee. The problem is the Tennessee fan base is delusional and entitled. Most of them think this is still the 90s.They want a "name".
You're wrong with your assessment of the Tennessee program and its fans. Despite not winning a National Championship in almost 20 years, and really, being almost irrelevant in the grand scheme, Tennessee is still - by any metric you want to compare (financial resources, conference, location, recruiting, facilities, stadium, history, etc) one of the premier programs/coaching gigs in the nation. You can take your shots at the Vols, but do your research on the above and you'll see I'm right.

Our problem is, and has been, leadership. I'm uncanny how similar to the Cowboys it is. We hire poor ADs who are lap dogs to Jimmy Haslam. Derek Dooley recruited well here. Lane Kiffin recruited well here. Butch fucking Jones recruited well here. On his way to the FIRST 8 loss season in our history, Tennessee still had the #2 recruiting class in the SEC and a top 10 class in the nation.

Saying the Vols fans are entitled and delusional is like saying us Cowboys fans are as well. Vols fans didn't revolt against Kiffin or Dooley or Butch. Saying we want a name? I guarantee had Mullen been named, everyone would've been happy.

This fan revolt, which included much more than fans mind you, had to do with Schiano knowing about Sandusky - walked in on him in the act - and did nothing. The guy covered up child rape. Not wanting that guy associated with our program isn't entitlement or delusion.

Final game of the season, while we're 4-7, while Brady Hoke was the interim, there were 85k fans in the stadium. Vols have passionate, loyal fans. Not entitled or delusional.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
I’d have sex with Emily Proud if she wanted to.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol @ the last word of that statement.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
Friends family part of contingent that wants Currie out. Same contingent of boosters that had communications with Gruden.

Flame away.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Friends family part of contingent that wants Currie out. Same contingent of boosters that had communications with Gruden.

Flame away.
A few billionaire Tech boosters said in a luxury suite that they are backing Kliff for this season. Then they later sent out a letter asking for fans to contact our AD in support of Leach returning.

Moral of the story: don't believe anything until it happens. Same thing happens every year at a number of schools. Someone knows someone as a source and it turns out to be wrong.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

If this statement is true and is how they feel regarding the investigation into his background, then why aren't they hiring him?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Twitter yesterday was interesting. It started out as "He's a terrible football coach and I don't want him" to "It's a moral outrage!!" Seems to me they're just using Penn State as a pretext to reject someone who's not as exciting/prominent as Gruden. Also, are people twice as moral in Knoxville compared to Columbus? There was no firestorm when Schiano hooked up with the Buckeyes. And it's not like fans in Ohio don't care about child abuse. Maybe it's a cultural/Evangelical thing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Twitter yesterday was interesting. It started out as "He's a terrible football coach and I don't want him" to "It's a moral outrage!!" Seems to me they're just using Penn State as a pretext to reject someone who's not as exciting/prominent as Gruden. Also, are people twice as moral in Knoxville compared to Columbus? There was no firestorm when Schiano hooked up with the Buckeyes. And it's not like fans in Ohio don't care about child abuse. Maybe it's a cultural/Evangelical thing.
I didn't think that being against rape was strictly and evangelical thing.

Otherwise, I think your post was accurate.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's obviously just an excuse for not liking the hire.

Half of these idiots would probably be fine with Gruden making a snuff film as long as he was their HC.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's what I figured. I mean, Schiano wasn't even interviewed by Freeh during the investigation. That's how tangential he was to the controversy, yet Vols fans would have you believe he hand delivered the kid to Sandusky personally.

midswat

... soon
Yeah... you guys are right. Same fan base that was cool with then fired Raiders coach Kiffin, lame coach Dooley, and Butch Jones is only mad about the schiano thing because he's not big name.

Carry on.

As far as OSU... Schiano was hired in 2015. Documents revealing his knowledge of Sandusky were unsealed in 2016. OSU fans root for a head coach who literally faked a heart attack to get out of his last gig. But since Vols fans put a spot light on Schiano yesterday, theres a number in the OSU community against him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The difference is that fans didn't invent bullshit reasons for rejecting Dooley and Jones. If you think that Schiano is an uninspiring alternative to Golden Boy, just say so, but don't smear the guy's good name.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom