2017-2018 season:

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
They are asked to do totally different things, its apple to oranges comparison.

Collins could come close to playing man as well as Jones.

Not saying Collins is not a good player but it seems people are basing a lot on his int's this year.
The INTs are one thing, but Collins proved this year to be a force in the passing game as well as run game. He's someone that you have to pay attention to.

Jones not so much.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Sounds reasonable enough. Any free agents that we can get to improve?
Just give me someone who can catch with his damn hands. That's all I ask for.

If we want to bring back Williams on the cheap as a 4th option then fine.. But I don't want him as our #2 WR any more especially after see how well the GB scrubs fought for the ball and caught damn near everything coming there way even when they weren't always on there general area.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Desean and Dez would be scary as hell but I think he'll go back to Philly.
In an ideal world I'd want a fast game breaker opposite Dez. DeSean is the the fastest out there.

There are some other mediocre names like Pryor.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
In an ideal world I'd want a fast game breaker opposite Dez. DeSean is the the fastest out there.

I'd take Pryor in a heartbeat.

There's no way it'll happen, but he'd be a great addition.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Jackson would make the WR core pretty frightening. Defenses would have to respect the deep ball, but I'm not sure Jackson would get enough touches to keep him from pouting.

Linehans offense just isn't gonna throw that 30-40 yard bomb like he gets from Cousins. Garrett's "tree" doesn't support it.

I'd love to have him, but it would be like a Ferrari sitting in your garage with no key.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Go get me Bennie Logan.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Do not want Jackson or Pryor. No denying the talent, but we already have our headcase WR.

I am fine drafting and developing talent at WR.

If we are looking for FA playmakers, it really should be on the defensive side of the ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd take Pryor in a heartbeat.

There's no way it'll happen, but he'd be a great addition.
Yeah, Pryor had a nice comeback year this year. I would definitely be interested.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Regarding Logan, good player but not what we need in my opinion. DT who is very good against the run but provides little pressure. And between Collins, Crawford, Thornton, Irving and McClain DT doesn't feel like a need at all.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why? Eagle? He isn't going to break the bank and a nice player that could stuff the middle.
Actually the eagles seem to be under the impression that he will break the bank, which is the only reason he might walk. If he doesn't break the bank, don't count on him leaving Philly.

As for my reasons, see my post above.

Rev

Staff member
Regarding Logan, good player but not what we need in my opinion. DT who is very good against the run but provides little pressure. And between Collins, Crawford, Thornton, Irving and McClain DT doesn't feel like a need at all.
Was just wondering. Maybe it's only because I've only seen him play against us. I know he really doesn't get much pressure as far as pass rush but he seems to really play the run well. Other than JPP I really don't know who is out there FA wise to offer up a pass rush.

Thorton and Crawford can go as far as I'm concerned.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
For as much shit as we have thrown on Heath, the guy had 2 really solid plays against the Packers. That INT was a helluva play.

Rev

Staff member
For as much shit as we has thrown on Heath, the guy had 2 really solid plays against the Packers. That INT was a helluva play.
Yep. Great game and well deserved props.

Top Bottom