2017-2018 season:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Byron Jones is a pretty good FS. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Get a legit pass rush.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Byron Jones is a pretty good FS. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Get a legit pass rush.
Yep. Im not letting Tapper, Gregory, Lawrence stand in the way either.

Genghis Khan

Yep. Im not letting Tapper, Gregory, Lawrence stand in the way either.
No way, I agree. We need to assume we have zero pass rushers.

And I don't think JPP is a solution either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jones is a way better safety than corner. I think we'd regret the hell out of moving him.
How do you figure that?

He is basically playing CB 75% of the time now.

Free safeties do not play man to man most of their time on the field.

Genghis Khan

How do you figure that?

He is basically playing CB 75% of the time now.

Free safeties do not play man to man most of their time on the field.
He's not playing cb 75% of the time. He's not lining up against WR 1s and 2s down after down.

From what I've seen of him, he's good in coverage against TEs and RBs, not so much against good WRs.

stubbie

Not So New Member
We will see, but I think you are underestimating exactly how pathetic of a collapse this was. Romo wasn't born a choking loser. He was created into one by this Cowboys culture. I don't know if Dak will be able to resist it.
Are you a fan or just an a$$hole?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's not playing cb 75% of the time. He's not lining up against WR 1s and 2s down after down.

From what I've seen of him, he's good in coverage against TEs and RBs, not so much against good WRs.
I feel like he's been having trouble with TE's recently though. No?

stubbie

Not So New Member
Team needs a pass rushing DE, CB an DT would be nice. Hopefully Jaylen Smith pans out. It would be nice if Charles Tapper would too. I hope Doug Free is replaced. I think that time has come.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I wonder what's the record for blowing home field advantage throughout the playoffs in the first game?

Since we last won the Super Bowl in 1995, only four of the 20 #1 seeds in the NFC lost in the Divisional round, and our 2007 team is one of those four. In the AFC, eight of the 20 lost in that same timeframe. That's not counting this year, so if we count the 2016 team then we're the fifth #1 seed in 21 years to blow it.

Also, the #1 seed from both the NFC and AFC have reached the Super Bowl each of the last three years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just hope they don't try to get too cute in the draft with our picks in rounds 1-5.

No guys with off the field baggage.

No guys with lingering medical issues.

No guys who had marginal college careers and who were marginal against sub par competition.

No guys who only have one year of experience playing a position. Or in JJ Wilcox's case, only one year of experience playing defense.

Focus on guys who look the part and actually produced on the field. Focus on guys who you think will be able to contribute immediately. Not 2 years from now after a medical red shirt.

Do that and I'll be happy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'm with you. If I never see Jones play another down for is it'll be too soon. I am absolutely disgusted with his piss poor effort all game. He made what.. Like one play on the ball all game?
Major disappointment. I've shrugged off the comments that we could've had Landon Collins since it's hindsight and Jones looked like a solid player. But now there's no doubt Collins is vastly superior than Jones.

Top Bottom