2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And I don't propose supplanting it, just having it regulated. Capitalism is by far the most powerful driver of economics, but it can spiral out of control if unregulated. Investment chicanery like what happened in 08 being a good example.
There are laws regulating investment. Laws cannot however prevent lawbreakers from concocting schemes. The problem isn't that there aren't regulations in place it's simply a matter of whether dishonest people will follow them. Compare it to any other crime such as murder. It's against the law but it still happens.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There are laws regulating investment. Laws cannot however prevent lawbreakers from concocting schemes. The problem isn't that there aren't regulations in place it's simply a matter of whether dishonest people will follow them. Compare it to any other crime such as murder. It's against the law but it still happens.
Laws regarding investment can change, the Clinton administration deregulated investing in a way that lead directly to the bubble. But you know, politicians being dirty and paid for is ok, there are rules and stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Laws regarding investment can change, the Clinton administration deregulated investing in a way that lead directly to the bubble. But you know, politicians being dirty and paid for is ok, there are rules and stuff.
As I said before rules will not deter dishonest people. Make a different rule and crooks and thieves , including politicians will disregard them. What is it that you would do as a solution?

townsend

Banned
You may notice that after the last concoction that tanked the economy, nobody went to jail. For destroying billions of dollars and millions of jobs, there weren't any laws on the books that could be (or would be) used to prosecute the offenders.

That's because there isn't a murderers lobby that tries to deregulate murder practices. In unregulated capitalism, businesses are allowed to metastasize outside of the boundaries of the "free market" and change the rules of the game. Which is THE largest source of corruption in this government and always has been.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You may notice that after the last concoction that tanked the economy, nobody went to jail. For destroying billions of dollars and millions of jobs, there weren't any laws on the books that could be (or would be) used to prosecute the offenders.

That's because there isn't a murderers lobby that tries to deregulate murder practices. In unregulated capitalism, businesses are allowed to metastasize outside of the boundaries of the "free market" and change the rules of the game. Which is THE largest source of corruption in this government and always has been.
What scheme are you referencing? There has been a few.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What scheme are you referencing? There has been a few.
Well let me repeat what I have already said. It isn't the problem with having rules in place it's that there are dishonest people who don't follow them. This dialogue started with why don't they regulate the problems and I'm saying they have. The regulations are circumvented by dishonest people. Now how do you deal with those who don't follow the rules? There are rules.

townsend

Banned
Well let me repeat what I have already said. It isn't the problem with having rules in place it's that there are dishonest people who don't follow them. This dialogue started with why don't they regulate the problems and I'm saying they have. The regulations are circumvented by dishonest people. Now how do you deal with those who don't follow the rules? There are rules.
Here's the issue, there weren't enough rules in place to prevent immature and irresponsible people from legally using destabilizing the coming by treating the market like the craps table.

You are absolutely right, it's due to corrupt people in office, and as long as those are the kind of people we're sending to Washington, the prospect of more government intervention is terrifying.

However, laisse faire, set it and forget it capitalism, is partly responsible for the issue. Our politics have been corrupt for a very long time because our voters has been asleep at the wheel. What we need is a responsible voting base to put ethical people into positions of authority, to make real change. We need the rules minted in the wake of the Great Depression, intended to protect investors, to be reaffirmed. I don't know how much is on the books, and how much legitimate rule breaking the SEC just looks the other way on. Either way it starts with electing people who hold the criminals accountable.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You have campaign contributions confused. That is for elected officials and are governed by a different set of rules than government employees rules of ethics. No I an not naive about . Quite the contrary I am very informed about it. You obviously need to do some brushing up.
I don't have them confused they are incentives just like cash under the table and it's what clay was talking about when mentioning big business having influence.

Nobody was really talking about government employees that is a strawman you introduced.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No the dialogue started with big business corrupting government and you claimed there were laws to combat that as if it was not an issue now you seem to agree that bad people will do bad things which was the original argument and why tougher enforcement is needed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yet you mentioned both and them gave rules for covering one.

At some just point acknowledge what you actually said instead of trying to deflect.
There is nothing to deflect. You are just being yourself and trying to create something from nothing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah go with that.:lol

Anyway I will just let your words speak for you the backtracking is very evident.
You are just trolling my posts. Everyone seems to be able to keep up but you. It's your signature with several others on the board as well. If I am.that hard for you to follow just ignore then as I have requested before. Have a nice day.

cml750

Not So New Member
Cruz and Sanders win Wisconsin!!!! Hopefully this is end of the Trump disgrace!!!!

townsend

Banned
Cruz and Sanders win Wisconsin!!!! Hopefully this is end of the Trump disgrace!!!!
this race is going to be interesting. Sanders has a chance to make it into the White House. The GOP candidate is DOA. Especially it Trump Ends up going 3rd party, and Sanders is surging like crazy. If he takes NY I think Hillary may be sunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom