2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't want to get rid of them, I want to stop bailing them out when they try to get rid of themselves, and I want their campaign funding and lobbying practices (particularly buying politicians gifts) shut down.
Gifts to politicians and government employees are covered by the ethics rules. They are highly regulated and annual reporting Is mandatory.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Gifts to politicians and government employees are covered by the ethics rules. They are highly regulated and annual reporting Is mandatory.
Of course you're in favor of bribery and corruption, I knew you were going to defend it before I even wrote the post.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
What's the last bailout you remember and how much is actually unpaid from all the bailouts. It may surprise you.
I don't care if it gets paid back or not. Being able to depend on a bailout every time you fuck up when smaller competitors would not get that benefit creates an unfair advantage and undermines free market competition.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course you're in favor of bribery and corruption, I knew you were going to defend it before I even wrote the post.
You should know something about something before you make a very silly statement like that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't care if it gets paid back or not. Being able to depend on a bailout every time you fuck up when smaller competitors would not get that benefit creates an unfair advantage and undermines free market competition.
You are just spouting words. The government rarely bails out anyone. There are thousands of business failures every year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agreed, government is corrupt as hell. Even when they aren't corrupt they act clueless. Government is broken and has been for a long time.
That's really a reaching statement. Some government officials are corrupt but far from all.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's really a reaching statement. Some government officials are corrupt but far from all.
Yeah, like they take all those benefits and it just has no affect on who gets big contracts, or subsidies, or the ability to influence regulation. I'm sure if you gave 10 million to a politician's super pac and financed his vacation in the bahamas, you wouldn't expect him to do anything for you in return.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, like they take all those benefits and it just has no affect on who gets big contracts, or subsidies, or the ability to influence regulation. I'm sure if you gave 10 million to a politician's super pac and financed his vacation in the bahamas, you wouldn't expect him to do anything for you in return.
You are talking about elected officials not government employees. The campaign contributions are a different animal not to lumped in with employee ethics rules. Politicians are their own set of snakes. People like you and me put them in office so ultimately we all share a portion of that responsibility.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What's the laugh about. I used to fill them out as did every other federal government employee. The various IG Offices are bloodhound about this.
Are you really that naive?

They are compensated by campaign contributions, favors for friends and families and cushy jobs once they leave office.

The IG cannot sniff out everything going on with evry congressman.

Who is footing the bill for those Koch retreats?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You are talking about elected officials not government employees. The campaign contributions are a different animal not to lumped in with employee ethics rules. Politicians are their own set of snakes. People like you and me put them in office so ultimately we all share a portion of that responsibility.
The same forces, minus the campaign contributions affect top regulators too. You'd be surprised (apparently) how many favors you can get done for you if you're head of the FDA.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Um what?

Did you not just say this?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Are you really that naive?

They are compensated by campaign contributions, favors for friends and families and cushy jobs once they leave office.

The IG cannot sniff out everything going on with evry congressman.

Who is footing the bill for those Koch retreats?
You have campaign contributions confused. That is for elected officials and are governed by a different set of rules than government employees rules of ethics. No I an not naive about . Quite the contrary I am very informed about it. You obviously need to do some brushing up.

townsend

Banned
Capitalism is the only system where one can rise to the top financially. No other system allows this to happen.
And I don't propose supplanting it, just having it regulated. Capitalism is by far the most powerful driver of economics, but it can spiral out of control if unregulated. Investment chicanery like what happened in 08 being a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom