2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Then you haven't studied many communist economies that are all government with no private business. Government by it's very nature is inefficient.
I'm not proposing gov't dictated economics, or proposing that gov't is efficient. But capitalism is a flame that will consume everything that sustains it, if allowed. Gov't should temper it, and prevents it from getting out of control.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not proposing gov't dictated economics, or proposing that gov't is efficient. But capitalism is a flame that will consume everything that sustains it, if allowed. Gov't should temper it, and prevents it from getting out of control.
Capitalism is the only system where one can rise to the top financially. No other system allows this to happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well right now government chokes it out. Tempering it should consistent of as little government control as possible. We all know some regulation is necessary. But it should be at little as feasibly possible in order to maximize efficiency.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well right now government chokes it out. Tempering it should consistent of as little government control as possible. We all know some regulation is necessary. But it should be at little as feasibly possible in order to maximize efficiency.
Right now we have the government choking out small business at the behest of big business. Getting big business out of government is necessary if we want to go back to having a capitalist market.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes they hire Americans to do that (mostly family who want to make some cash on the side) but when they do they risk getting turned in after someone falls off a ladder.
Actually many Americans love doing this. This is what a lot of people on disability do. If they actually report earnings they lose their disability check every month. So instead they work under the table so that they can earn a wage and still receive the disability check. Others like it because they can do things like not pay taxes or prevent child support from being deducted from their check.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting big business out of government is necessary if we want to go back to having a capitalist market.
Sure, or just get government out of having their hands in private industry. You blame the big business, I blame the big government.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think people are "above" certain types of jobs, it's that they see no future in jobs that don't provide health care or a living wage. Why would I want to take a job roofing houses? Low pay, no benefits, unsafe as hell. Sounds like a good way to die homeless as soon as I got injured.

All that aside, I pointed to IT because the guys I knew who were Computer Science majors in school aren't hurting for work and we're importing a lot of their coworkers. We don't even teach computer LITERACY in US high schools, especially not in those where the community could really benefit from more people from there making six figure incomes.

Hell, I have to make an appointment weeks ahead of time to get my car worked on because we don't even train enough mechanics in this country.
This is not true, they teach this from Elementary through High School.

You are dowgraded as a teacher if you don't include some computer based curriculum in most courses.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is not true, they teach this from Elementary through High School.

You are dowgraded as a teacher if you don't include some computer based curriculum in most courses.
They weren't doing it when I was teaching. OTOH, that was 6 years ago and I didn't work for any wealthy school districts.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Sure, or just get government out of having their hands in private industry. You blame the big business, I blame the big government.
That's like deciding which dog to blame when a couple of them are fucking on your lawn. Doesn't matter whose fault it is, just get out the garden hose.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They weren't doing it when I was teaching. OTOH, that was 6 years ago and I didn't work for any wealthy school districts.
I don't work in wealthy school district either but there are at least 10 Chromebooks in every class and I teach JH.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's like deciding which dog to blame when a couple of them are fucking on your lawn. Doesn't matter whose fault it is, just get out the garden hose.
The difference is you shouldn't want to get rid of the big businesses. On their own they are an important piece to a healthy economy. A massive government isn't.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The difference is you shouldn't want to get rid of the big businesses. On their own they are an important piece to a healthy economy. A massive government isn't.
I don't want to get rid of them, I want to stop bailing them out when they try to get rid of themselves, and I want their campaign funding and lobbying practices (particularly buying politicians gifts) shut down.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't want to get rid of them, I want to stop bailing them out when they try to get rid of themselves, and I want their campaign funding and lobbying practices (particularly buying politicians gifts) shut down.
What's the last bailout you remember and how much is actually unpaid from all the bailouts. It may surprise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom