2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Twitter is correct, he had 7 sacks last year. If true, that ain't bad.
5.5 as a sophomore
1 as a JR
7 as a SR.

They aren't bad numbers but I'd expect more. However knowing a little more about how Oklahoma used him I'm excited. Probably the best DE prospect left.

If anybody was watching ESPN Kiper and McShay really loved the pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not much to complain about with this draft so far. Instead of pretending we're smarter than everyone else by taking little known athletes that "project", we're actually taking football players.

~faints~

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
5.5 as a sophomore
1 as a JR
7 as a SR.

They aren't bad numbers but I'd expect more. However knowing a little more about how Oklahoma used him I'm excited. Probably the best DE prospect left.
I seem to recall he was injured during his junior year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not thrilled with Tapper but I'll have to wait and see. Would have preferred Blair, Murray, or a WR.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Very much so. With that speed he should be flying off the edge every play. I like the pick. Although it feels like a forced DE need pick. Still I think Marinelli could get a legit DE out of him. With that speed and size his counter moves should be really good.
He is a solid pick, and the speed he has won't be impacted much when they bulk him up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Baltimore has had a quiet solid draft. Moore though surprises me. Newsome never seems to have luck drafting WRs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not much to complain about with this draft so far. Instead of pretending we're smarter than everyone else by taking little known athletes that "project", we're actually taking football players.

~faints~
Yeah, it's pretty scary. But we're not out of the woods yet. We have one more 4th round pick and the 4th round is where they usually like to waste a pick on a small school DB.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fucking Vitale. Got me all excited when he started talking about the bucs taking a QB. I thought Prescott was going.

Die, you cocksucker.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Vitale's announcement managed to be even worse than I expected it to be.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ryan Smith, North Carolina Central....probably was high on the Cowboys' draft board. Jerry's probably cursing up a storm because Tampa stole his small school dB.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it's pretty scary. But we're not out of the woods yet. We have one more 4th round pick and the 4th round is where they usually like to waste a pick on a small school DB.
If it's not Prescott, I'll be stunned

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Vitale's announcement managed to be even worse than I expected it to be.
I hate Vitale. He's one of the most annoying people in sports broadcasting. The worthless piece of shit needs to either die or retire.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Giants fucked up with Apple, but righted themselves nicely. Should be interesting to see what they do.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, but I was hoping we'd make it this far without doing something stupid. Our first 4 picks were all in premium position. The 1st 4th rounder was basically like another 3rd.

Our compensatory 4th is at the bottom, so will be easier to swallow if we shit the bed with it. It will suck if we blow it, but hey. You gotta grab whatever you can with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom