2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crazy thing about Tapper is that he ran a 4.59 forty at 270 pounds. I just have a hard time with a guy who never produced big sack numbers.

data

Forbes #1
Upon his first tackle, Boberts with the "Charles Tapped that ass" remark

~solemn head bow~

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow, Tapper ran a 4.59 forty. That's pretty damn fast for 270 lbs.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So, is it about 2 1/2 hours until our next pick unless Jerral decides to engage in some of his patented wheeling and dealing?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, Tapper ran a 4.59 forty. That's pretty damn fast for 270 lbs.
Yeah pretty interesting that Oklahoma never really allowed him to be an edge rusher. Should be interesting in Dallas with that size and speed and being allowed to fly upfield from DE. I guess that explains his low sack numbers. They basically used him like a 3-4 DE.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah pretty interesting that Oklahoma never really allowed him to be an edge rusher. Should be interesting in Dallas with that size and speed and being allowed to fly upfield from DE. I guess that explains his low sack numbers. They basically used him like a 3-4 DE.
If Twitter is correct, he had 7 sacks last year. If true, that ain't bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was out of position as a 3-4 DE, no?
Very much so. With that speed he should be flying off the edge every play. I like the pick. Although it feels like a forced DE need pick. Still I think Marinelli could get a legit DE out of him. With that speed and size his counter moves should be really good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I get a kick out these remote location draft things, especially when the guy is not exactly well known.

Get soft woos and a golf clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom