2015 Season | Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Dallas at Tampa Bay | 11/15/2015

data

Forbes #1
What. "about the line of scrimmage"?

I thought it has to at least get to the line of scrimmage.

That should be a safety.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Arians can coach.

That franchise got miles out of Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer.

That's good work.

data

Forbes #1
EVer since the McDonalds Ditka Packers and Jerry Rice Cowboys commercials came out, the two teams haven't won a game.

data

Forbes #1
WHy did Patrick Peterson run out of bounds? He had a convoy of 4 blockers in front.

He was scared of the punter!!!

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Arians can coach.

That franchise got miles out of Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer.

That's good work.
Yup. He knows how to design offensive schemes to get the best out of his players. Look at how he's revitalized Chris Johnson this year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
WHy did Patrick Peterson run out of bounds? He had a convoy of 4 blockers in front.

He was scared of the punter!!!
He didnt want to be tripped by his teammates...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree with everybody saying that losing 7 in a row is an indictment on Garrett's coaching ability, or inability to galvanize this team enough to pull one god damned win out of their ass over 2 months. When Romo went down I said give me 4-5, and if we were 4-5 we'd honestly be in the driver's seat, hell if we were 3-6 I think I'd still pick us to win the division, but these fools couldn't even pull one damn game out of their ass without Romo there to save them and it says alot.

To me Garrett is a no-value add in terms of providing anything tangible on the field, he is just along for the ride. We have a top 10 QB, an elite WR, an elite OL and a defense that can do well enough when they have the offense giving them leads most of the time. Last year we rode a streak of good health and good fortune in terms of turnovers to a 12-4 record, as well as a breath of fresh air in terms of play-calling with Linehan. If we were healthy I think we'd be 7-2, no worse than 6-3 and probably on our way to winning the division again, but I really don't think that has much to do with Garrett.

All he does is talk in platitudes and try to create a theoretical atmosphere that he has in his mind, there is nothing wrong with that necessarily, but to me that's all he really does, aside from providing a copacetic atmosphere for the front office to live with as they come to "consensus" decisions.

Garrett is not exactly a bad head coach, he's just not a good one, he just seems to be there, not really doing much of anything. With that said, he deserves to be fired for this travesty, although he won't because the front office will want to give Romo another chance for a year or two before he's done and they probably think there's no point to starting over with a new head coach just yet.

We'll probably end up with 6 or 7 wins, just enough to put us at the back end of the top 10.

data

Forbes #1
Has a Patriot Kicker ever missed a FG in the final 2:00 of a game the past 15 years?

Off the subject, did anyone see Pam Oliver talking on the broadcast today? She looked like she had something done to her teeth as she sounded like she was numb or she is strung out!! :lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I agree with everybody saying that losing 7 in a row is an indictment on Garrett's coaching ability, or inability to galvanize this team enough to pull one god damned win out of their ass over 2 months. When Romo went down I said give me 4-5, and if we were 4-5 we'd honestly be in the driver's seat, hell if we were 3-6 I think I'd still pick us to win the division, but these fools couldn't even pull one damn game out of their ass without Romo there to save them and it says alot.

To me Garrett is a no-value add in terms of providing anything tangible on the field, he is just along for the ride. We have a top 10 QB, an elite WR, an elite OL and a defense that can do well enough when they have the offense giving them leads most of the time. Last year we rode a streak of good health and good fortune in terms of turnovers to a 12-4 record, as well as a breath of fresh air in terms of play-calling with Linehan. If we were healthy I think we'd be 7-2, no worse than 6-3 and probably on our way to winning the division again, but I really don't think that has much to do with Garrett.

All he does is talk in platitudes and try to create a theoretical atmosphere that he has in his mind, there is nothing wrong with that necessarily, but to me that's all he really does, aside from providing a copacetic atmosphere for the front office to live with as they come to "consensus" decisions.

Garrett is not exactly a bad head coach, he's just not a good one, he just seems to be there, not really doing much of anything. With that said, he deserves to be fired for this travesty, although he won't because the front office will want to give Romo another chance for a year or two before he's done and they probably think there's no point to starting over with a new head coach just yet.

We'll probably end up with 6 or 7 wins, just enough to put us at the back end of the top 10.
watch this team find a way to lose with a rusty Romo against Miami to get that 8th loss, guarantee a non-winning season and go right into the tank. This team is ready to quit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who hired Garrett and stuck with him after years of mediocrity?
If you use that logic then you would use the owner of the Patriots, as an example, as the reason for their record rather than Bellichek as the primary reason. Owners get credit for a lot of things in the organization but coaching isn't in the mix as a rule. Otherwise Jones gets credit for the Super Bowls rather than Johnson.

Rev

Staff member
If you use that logic then you would use the owner of the Patriots, as an example, as the reason for their record rather than Bellichek as the primary reason. Owners get credit for a lot of things in the organization but coaching isn't in the mix as a rule. Otherwise Jones gets credit for the Super Bowls rather than Johnson.
While true in most cases I dont believe its so in Dallas. Ever since Johnson has left Jones has his been in everything and I believe gameplanning to be true with the exception of the Parcells reign. His ego requires it. Maybe not every offensive meeting but I believe he has input.

I will say that he does seem to have let Stephen have a bigger role in the last year. Then again who has Stephen learned from.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
watch this team find a way to lose with a rusty Romo against Miami to get that 8th loss, guarantee a non-winning season and go right into the tank. This team is ready to quit.
That'd be fine if it means we take a chance on a QB with our definite top 7ish pick. There is also an outside chance that Garrett is fired if we finish about 4-12, although it's quite small. I do think that if we end up picking around 4-7 that Stephen will realize how rare of a situation we would be in and would push to take a chance on a QB, especially considering that the top of this draft does not look extremely strong.

We all know that if we end up picking like 6th we will go with either Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves though, both are great prospects, but the idea of drafting another DB in the 1st round, in the top 10 at that, makes me sick.

Rev

Staff member
I just don't see a way with a healthy Romo for the rest of the way that we don't win some games. Start thinking in the teens.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just don't see a way with a healthy Romo for the rest of the way that we don't win some games. Start thinking in the teens.
I agree, that's why I said I expect us to finish with around 6 wins, possibly as many as 7 or 8. Clay was the one who said the team is ready to give up, which would imply picking somewhere around the middle of the top 10.

Top Bottom