2015 Season | Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Dallas at Tampa Bay | 11/15/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If I remember 2010 correctly Jerry was completely supportive of Wade until he fired him. I don't believe a word he has to say. He's still trying to sell the 2015 Cowboys.
He is in full salesman mode. He also said this team reminds him of the 1965 Razorback team. Whatever that means.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Is that so?

It would be great if the Cowboys got their asses handed to them with Romo out there.

I'd love to see Jerry's spin on that one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

Is that so?

It would be great if the Cowboys got their asses handed to them with Romo out there.

I'd love to see Jerry's spin on that one.
How many believe the offense will be better with Romo? I do. Notwithstanding My opinion of Jones I never want the Cowboys to lose.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Call me a bad fan if you want but I kinda hope we lose out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Me too.

What are we going to gain from a 6 or 7 win season? Absolutely nothing.

I hope the team gives up and we lose out and get a top 5 pick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gawd, all this talk about losing out reminds me of the last couple of Wade years. It's not a good feeling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Gawd, all this talk about losing out reminds me of the last couple of Wade years. It's not a good feeling.
Unlike the last couple of Wade years this team has not hitched it's lot to a bunch of aging veterans and 1-year wonders.

This team has a lot of young players not yet in there prime, with that said I realize keeping Romo healthy and replacing him soon is a huge if but i like this team far better than the Wade ones going forward.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Imagine this scenario:

The Giants are 8-2.
The Redskins and Eagles are 7-2.
We are 5-4.

Everybody involved has several loseable games remaining.

The Giants, despite their record and division lead, are not particularly talented and have been inconsistent.

The Redskins have a highly suspect coach and QB, and we still have 2 games against them.

The Eagles have also been wildly inconsistent, are not particularly talented, have a suspect coach and QB, and have just lost their starting QB for at least a couple weeks most likely.

We, on the other hand, are as healthy as we've been all season. We've already split with Philly and New York, and have a chance at 4-2 in the division.

Despite how shitty this year has been, aside from the respective records this is the exact scenario we find ourselves in, including the games back.

We don't have a large margin for error, but we are still very much in the mix. We can get to 8-8, and right now we are on pace for the division winner to be 8-8. Hell, 7-9 could win it, it's not exactly unprecedented anymore.

I know no one wants to hear this but it's reality. We just have to get past the ugly records.

Hey, it's Optimism Tuesday.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, if it's possible to make the playoffs still obviously I want to do it. It may be pathetic but if a 7-9 or 8-8 record wins this division it might as well be us.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We started off the year like 1-5 even with Romo, I had no real hope of competing for a Super Bowl with that team moving forward without major personnel changes, my outlook on next season is different.

Assuming health of course, I would expect us to be one of the main contenders in the NFC next season no matter how the rest of this season goes. Yea, I think Garrett is an average at best HC but we went 12-4 last year with him and weren't far from the Super Bowl. Our defense is definitely better now than it was last year, outside of turnovers which I think are a very fluky, matter of circumstances type of thing anyway. It remains to be seen what we do in terms of our defensive personnel with guys like Hardy, McClain and such, but if you give me a solid offseason/draft on top of what we have now (which includes adding a real RB), I like our chances against anybody in the NFC next year.

I mean really, who is a powerhouse in the NFC?

Green Bay? They look like shit right now and their defense is average and aging either way.

Arizona? Maybe, but I can't fear a team with Carson Palmer at QB and no real RB's or WR's to speak of.

Carolina? See Arizona.

Seattle? I think they will continue to fade as the Wilson contract eats away at the rest of their roster, not to mention Lynch will be gone very soon, and he is the heart and soul of the team.

These are good teams of course, I just don't fear any of them and wouldn't rate any of them above a healthy Cowboy team, except probably Green Bay when Rodgers is right.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Texans beat the 8-0 Bengals on the road with TJ Yates, but I'm guessing Jerry Jones is too stupid or too loyal to notice that.

Meanwhile, our dumbass head coach can't win a single game against a bunch of average teams in 7 tries.

Pitiful.
Just hearing the name "TJ Yates" last night reminded me of when the Texans had to play him as not their backup but their third-string QB and won a playoff game with him. A third-string, fifth-round rookie QB winning a playoff game... With Gary Kubiak, who isn't exactly some legendary coach.

And we can't win a single game with two different backups, even against a crap team like the Bucs.

Absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it, but when game day rolls around I could never stomach being happy about seeing the Cowboys play badly. It's one of those things that is great in theory but in reality it's just really hard to do on a week to week basis.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I get it, but when game day rolls around I could never stomach being happy about seeing the Cowboys play badly. It's one of those things that is great in theory but in reality it's just really hard to do on a week to week basis.
I agree, but we are only one Doug Free ole away.

Top Bottom