2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
2nd -3rd round guy ........ Jerry is an idiot for not listening to his coaches and scouts
Jerry is in complete control of the ship ....... and is steering toward an iceberg.
I haven't been to CZ in awhile...when did this transformation take place? This guy was one of the biggest homers over there and attacked anyone who dared claim Jerry wasn't God.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I thought it was nice that Andy Reid wore the awning cover from the entrance of the Rainforest Cafe. Classy.
:lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It's funny but everyone does it. It's the reason why Ryan Swope is viewed as a crafty slow white WR who lacks athletic ability even though he ran a forty in the 4.3s. He gets compared to Jordan Shipley instead of a black WR who has 4.3 speed.

I think your comparison is pretty good though. I don't think Geno is your great Read Option QB, and I don't think he is your great pocket passer either. He played in a bullshit offense that made his stats look good but I wouldn't want Dallas to draft him even in the third round.
Yeah, NFL.com compares him to Shipley, CBS compares him to Stokley. :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bernadeau is going to be our back up for all 3 spots in the middle...which I am ok with.

Terron Armstead...I know booze would poop his pleated khaki's, but what if he is a consideration at 47?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I read more than a few so called experts talking in absolutes saying we could've had Frederick in the 3rd round. And they know this how?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bernadeau is going to be our back up for all 3 spots in the middle...which I am ok with.

Terron Armstead...I know booze would poop his pleated khaki's, but what if he is a consideration at 47?
I would be okay with that.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I read more than a few so called experts talking in absolutes saying we could've had Frederick in the 3rd round. And they know this how?
Thankfully we took him in the first just to be on the safe side.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Guy is a ridiculous athlete, but can he play? Who knows?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am not down with Armstead...not in the 2nd. Arkin and Johnson have pretty much ruined small school guys for me.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thankfully we took him in the first just to be on the safe side.
I love the reaction from the War Room when a shitty pick is made....its like they just discovered 4 million in gold bouillon floating in the Ginger Soup.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The way interior O-lineman were going in this draft it would have been a real dicey situation to get a starting interior O=lineman at all at 47. There are still plenty of safeties left on the other hand.
Agreed, I think Elam is the slightly better prospect by a very small margin but we have a better chance of getting a starting safety at 47 or 74.

I'm not even particularly concerned with drafting a safety in the 2nd or 3rd, if we wait until the 4th or 5th I'm ok with seeing how that plays out too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I haven't been to CZ in awhile...when did this transformation take place? This guy was one of the biggest homers over there and attacked anyone who dared claim Jerry wasn't God.
Go ask him how that can be possible when his messiah says Jerry is just a figurehead.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Here's the problem I have, if it was me I would have picked Elam at 31 and would probably still be able to get Frederick at 47. There was no reason to reach right there. Frederick might turn out to be fine, he's not Cooper or Warmack but i'm sure he'll be a servicable guy, just would have been better value in the second or even early third.
BOOM.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I love the reaction from the War Room when a shitty pick is made....its like they just discovered 4 million in gold bouillon floating in the Ginger Soup.
Gotta play it up for the camera, just like when Jerry made Jimmy act like he was consulting him back in the day.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Anyone think we actually draft a QB in the 3rd/4th?
I would love to draft a QB if they are available in the 4th. If Wilson/Nassib/Glennon are available, why not take a flyer? We need to have a project QB on the roster at all times and we do not have that right now

Carl

RIP Brother
Does anyone have any thoughts on Le"Veon Bell? I know he visited pre-draft.

D

Deuce

I like him, but I think he'll go earlier than I want to spend a pick on a back ie:2nd or 3rd round. But if backs keep slipping like they already have done, we may steal him later.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most yards after contact in college football last year, but the problem is he gets hit too much. He is a guy that takes a little time to get moving but is a load to bring down once he does. A true power back that I could see having success for a few years in this league before he burns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom