2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He might not but this is a deep safety class. If we want one Swearinger, Shamarko Thomas, and Phillip Thomas are all still legitimate options and possible starters. After that I think there is a drop off.
I think P. Thomas is a mid-late 2nd....We should be able to get one of the other two in the 3rd.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wasn't around during the trade down so I didn't know about his reaction. I'd love to see a video of it but I doubt it's something the team would put out.
Apparently, Garrett and him both were pissed, and Stephen and Jerry left the war room for about 20 minutes. I suppose to let those two cool down.

D

Deuce

I don't remember many people hating the Lee pick, just the trade up to get him. I thought he was talented but injury prone.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
When asked if the Cowboys considered Sharrif Floyd at #18, Jerruh responded with: "We consider DL a strength and would more covet a quick-twitch, 3-technique DL which Sharrif is not."
:lol:dunce

Which is exactly why this team hasn't won a fucking thing in forever...absolutely terrible scouting and GM "evaluations".

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I remember arguing with somebody that the Lee pick was a good one.

~Furley sniff~
I remember a couple of people liking Lee but not liking where we took him and/or that we took him over who was on the board.

Same thing with Carter.

Hard to argue those picks now, but we ignored some solid O-line picks in the process and it's contributed to us being in the poor shape we're in with that unit.

At least it looks as if the line is finally a priority for us with this draft.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't remember many people hating the Lee pick, just the trade up to get him. I thought he was talented but injury prone.
Yea, that trade up was another thing that didn't sit well with people.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Everybody here would have been busting nuts all over themselves with Frederick at 47 so quite frankly I don't really give a flying fuck that we took him 16 spots earlier.

If it was up to me I probably would've went Elam but it certainly wasn't a no-brainer.
Here's the problem I have, if it was me I would have picked Elam at 31 and would probably still be able to get Frederick at 47. There was no reason to reach right there. Frederick might turn out to be fine, he's not Cooper or Warmack but i'm sure he'll be a servicable guy, just would have been better value in the second or even early third.

D

Deuce

:lol:dunce

Which is exactly why this team hasn't won a fucking thing in forever...absolutely terrible scouting and GM "evaluations".
Why is it a terrible evaluation? What makes you think Floyd and his 5 sacks in 2 years can handle the 3 technique?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i absolutely hated both the Lee and Carter picks. Shows how much I really know about the draft

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Lee was many thinking the trade up was unnecessary especially with Navarro Bowman still on the board too.
Bruce Carter was more about drafting an injured player and another LB.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The guy has been mr confident for the past couple of weeks leading up to the draft and finally let his colors show when he didn't get selected in the first round. If I'm Geno, I come back in Round 2 with a giant smile on my face, proving that this isn't going to break my attitude and I just want a chance to compete
I'm a WVU homer, but I gotta be honest.. I would be pissed and pouting too if I was Geno. He's worlds better than fucking EJ Manuel. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The problem I had with the Lee pick was his propensity to be injury prone.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Here's the problem I have, if it was me I would have picked Elam at 31 and would probably still be able to get Frederick at 47. There was no reason to reach right there. Frederick might turn out to be fine, he's not Cooper or Warmack but i'm sure he'll be a servicable guy, just would have been better value in the second or even early third.
There's no guarantee he would have been there and I think him and Elam are both fringe 1/mid 2 types of guys.

As an aside, I liked Lee alot and could see the value in taking a guy like Carter who was talked about as a 1st before his injury, I just didn't like the constant drafting of ILB's in the 2nd.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The guy has been mr confident for the past couple of weeks leading up to the draft and finally let his colors show when he didn't get selected in the first round. If I'm Geno, I come back in Round 2 with a giant smile on my face, proving that this isn't going to break my attitude and I just want a chance to compete
He's more likely to come back with a giant cock on his face.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'm a WVU homer, but I gotta be honest.. I would be pissed and pouting too if I was Geno. He's worlds better than fucking EJ Manuel. :lol
i agree with you that Geno is the better QB, but this happens all the time. Dont throw on a facade a couple weeks earlier when you know its very possible you will drop out. I guess we agree to disagree, but I would be shocked if he makes it past the Jets today. I dont think its possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well.... yes and no.

On the other hand, nothing will impact this team more than getting a competent OL.

If we follow this up with another OL or two, it's actually a great outcome.
That's the way I see it as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The problem I had with the Lee pick was his propensity to be injury prone.
As much as I love Lee, injuries are still proving to be a problem for him.

I really hope we're not wondering what-if with him in 2 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom