2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think it was Eifert too because Garrett looked like a pissed off child afterwards. I don't think Floyd was ever in the discussion because he isn't a fit for this defense. I'm not sure he is a great fit for any defense but I could see him being more of a 3-4 DE even with the short arms. Eifert on the other hand supposedly had an elite grade from us and I could see Garrett thinking in his mind that he could so some ultra creative stuff with him.
If that's true, then :laff @ Garrett.

D

Deuce

Give me Kawann Short, Swearenger and Stedmon Bailey in the next 3 picks and I'm a happy man.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Lots of talent still around for 47. I don't buy Cyprien being there because of all the safeties that went round 1. But I like the prospect of getting Short.
Yeah, Cyprien won't make it past the Bengals at 37.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
who did you grade better Barrett Jones or Frederick?”
@BryanBroaddus I liked Schwenke.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not sure on that...if Lacy is still there I think they could take him.
They need a back, but I think Lacy is a little too similar to Green-Ellis so they may choose to go elsewhere to address that need.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am fully prepared for a 2nd round pick that dumbfounds us all.

I can't remember the last time this board wasn't pissed about what we did in the 2nd round, but I'm hoping this team surprises me and makes a good pick.
Yea but the ironic thing is that our past two 2nd rounders have been fantastic picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am fully prepared for a 2nd round pick that dumbfounds us all.

I can't remember the last time this board wasn't pissed about what we did in the 2nd round, but I'm hoping this team surprises me and makes a good pick.
To be fair I was pretty pissed about Lee and Carter at the time but both guys seem to be working out wonderfully. I'm prepared for Dallas to draft a position I don't like in the second but a player who turns out excellent. Personally I'd like to see a safety but if it is a RB or WR I'm ok as long as it is the right RB or WR.

I've already faced facts that with three picks in the 2nd/3rd we will be drafting a RB in there.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
31. Dallas Cowboys (From SF)—Travis Frederick (C Wisconsin)
Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Need: A-

Value: F

Fit: A

Terrible pick for the Cowboys as Jerry Jones reminds everyone why he needs to hire a real general manager. I have a fringe starter grade on Frederick and there are a number of centers above him. Moreover, the Cowboys have plenty of other needs and could've added plenty of talented players without reaching like this.

Overall Grade: C-

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea but the ironic thing is that our past two 2nd rounders have been fantastic picks.
Definitely.

But at the time, 90% of the board either didn't understand the pick or didn't like it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If Warford isn't on their board then that is the reason that they should draft him.

D

Deuce

Terrible pick for the Cowboys as Jerry Jones reminds everyone why he needs to hire a real general manager. I have a fringe starter grade on Frederick and there are a number of centers above him. Moreover, the Cowboys have plenty of other needs and could've added plenty of talented players without reaching like this.

Who wrote this?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

"Plenty of other needs"???

If he doesn't like the pick, then fine. But for one his reasons to be that we had "other needs" is idiotic.

There is no bigger need on this team than O-line, specifically along the interior.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
"Plenty of other needs"???

If he doesn't like the pick, then fine. But for one his reasons to be that we had "other needs" is idiotic.

There is no bigger need on this team than O-line, specifically along the interior.
Basically saying we had other needs too and didn't need to reach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Possible...but either way I don't see Cyprien lasting til 47.
He might not but this is a deep safety class. If we want one Swearinger, Shamarko Thomas, and Phillip Thomas are all still legitimate options and possible starters. After that I think there is a drop off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everybody here would have been busting nuts all over themselves with Frederick at 47 so quite frankly I don't really give a flying fuck that we took him 16 spots earlier.

If it was up to me I probably would've went Elam but it certainly wasn't a no-brainer.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I feel like Sio Moore could be our pick at 47 though, not my first choice but I think we'd be getting a quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom