2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If I'm Geno Smith I don't come back for round 2 either. It's not like it's common practice for prospects to hang around in NY for rounds 2 or 3.
I think Smith proved critics right yesterday with his demeanor at the draft.

Things didn't go his way and he pouted like a bitch.

Come back to the draft, be a f'n man for once in your life.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm more pissed that we didn't take Floyd at 18 or that we didn't get a little more out of the Niners but I have no problem with Frederick at 31.
That's my feelings on it, too. I like Frederick, and am very happy we look to be taking the OL serious. My anger comes from dropping that far for only a mid 3rd.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The guy has been mr confident for the past couple of weeks leading up to the draft and finally let his colors show when he didn't get selected in the first round. If I'm Geno, I come back in Round 2 with a giant smile on my face, proving that this isn't going to break my attitude and I just want a chance to compete
If he comes back tonight the cameras will be on him all night and analysts and fans will be dissecting and reading into every move he makes like they did last night.

He's not proving or winning anything tonight. You get your payback on the field this fall and in future years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't fault him for not wanting to stay there. It goes to show you how much star power this draft lacks when Geno Smith is a big story. He's just not worth the time IMO.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think Smith proved critics right yesterday with his demeanor at the draft.

Things didn't go his way and he pouted like a bitch.

Come back to the draft, be a f'n man for once in your life.
Was he supposed to be excited and sit there with a goofy smile on his face after being passed up by all those teams?

I don't get the criticism. It's not like he was throwing a temper tantrum. The video footage that I saw of him showed him with a blank/emotionless look on his face. I have no problem with a guy looking a little disappointed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No shit. If you cry you look like a bitch, if you act angry you come off bad, there is really nothing to do in that situation.

D

Deuce

No shit. If you cry you look like a bitch, if you act angry you come off bad, there is really nothing to do in that situation.
Sure he could. Not showing up today isn't the worst thing in the world, but do the post-draft interview. Be serious about it and show you already have a chip on your shoulder. Make a team think you have the desire and deserve to be picked early in round 2. But instead he declined and the pouting look on his face was the last image we have of him.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Was he supposed to be excited and sit there with a goofy smile on his face after being passed up by all those teams?

I don't get the criticism. It's not like he was throwing a temper tantrum. The video footage that I saw of him showed him with a blank/emotionless look on his face. I have no problem with a guy looking a little disappointed.
I just don't like the player, OK?

And I really hate his school.

And his face.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I had Frederick right there in the same group with Pugh and Long, I would have loved any of the 3 at 47 but obviously there was a huge run on OL and I don't think Frederick would have been there at 47.

Here are some blurbs I found on Rotoworld:

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes that Wisconsin C Travis Frederick has the tools to be a starting center.

"An added bonus is that unlike many center prospects who enter the NFL as "center only" prospects, Frederick has the size, playing strength, good athleticism and experience playing guard (He started in 2011 at guard alongside center Peter Konz) to be viewed as a center/guard prospect who can start at either spot in the NFL," Lande writes. "Overall, I believe that Frederick’s selection will not get much publicity and may even be criticized due to his poor 40 time, but two years from now when he is a good starting center or guard in the NFL he will start to receive the positive publicity his on field play has always warranted."
Sources tell draft insider Tony Pauline that Wisconsin G Travis Frederick could be a surprise first-round selection.
"One general manager has referred to Frederick as the best interior run blocking line(man) the draft has witnessed in more than a half-decade," Pauline writes. He continues to cite other sources that suggest the Colts or the Falcons as possible destinations. Pauline expects Frederick to weigh in around 315 pounds at the Combine.
Former Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema said junior C Travis Frederick is "pound for pound one of the strongest I have ever coached."

Bielema added that Frederick is a better pass protector than John Moffit. Frederick became the second Badger center to leave after his junior season in two seasons. He may end up as a first-round pick, but expect Frederick to be gone by the middle of the second-round.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Went to the bar like I usually do for the draft, so I was just able to catch up on how the board felt about last night's events.

My quick two cents: I think we reached a bit for the player we took and I think we could've gotten an extra pick from San Fran on top of the 3rd rounder we get, but all in all, I'm fairly pleased with what we did.

I was pretty negative coming in to this thing because this team doesn't have a great history of doing the smart thing, especially early on in the draft. But we took a very solid prospect at an area of need and we picked up an extra 3rd round pick giving us 3 picks tonight.

That is something that I can definitely live with, especially when you consider what could have been the alternatives.

Say we come away from today with both Cyprien and Barrett Jones with 2 of our next 3 picks? I'd consider that to be one of our best 3 round hauls we've had in a long time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sure he could. Not showing up today isn't the worst thing in the world, but do the post-draft interview. Be serious about it and show you already have a chip on your shoulder. Make a team think you have the desire and deserve to be picked early in round 2. But instead he declined and the pouting look on his face was the last image we have of him.
He can do a post draft interview from wherever he watches the rest of the draft, he does not need to be there for it. He can show a chip on his shoulder in places outside of Radio City Music Hall.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just don't want Barrett Jones, his value is inflated by who he played for IMO.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just don't like the player, OK?

And I really hate his school.

And his face.
I know you're a Marshall guy so I understand, but the criticism from everyone else is much ado about nothing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I know him.

I also know that NO TEAM IN THE NFL was going to trade up to take him.

This is an absolutely terrible choice in terms of value.

I couldn't have made a worse pick for them.
LoL. Drunk much?

D

Deuce

I just don't want Barrett Jones, his value is inflated by who he played for IMO.
I don't think so. I was pretty impressed with how he played prior to the injury late in the season. If we could get him with the early 3rd pick, than Frederick can focus on OG and the interior line will be set.

Follow those moves up with a Clabo/Winston pickup and all the sudden the OL is a strength, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fair enough, but with two 3rd round picks, I think he's worth taking a shot on.

Both he and Frederick would have C/G versatility (although given Frederick's smarts I'd want him making the calls at C) and I have no doubt in my mind that both could come in this year and beat out both Costa and Bernadeu.

Say we do take Jones and we hit on that pick. We'd be solidified along the line for a long time.

He's not the only quality lineman left on the board so we could achieve the same result with another quality prospect, I just happen to like Jones and think he can be a solid starter in this league.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 45m
“@cjlandryhat: @tdoyle20 I heard that Jerry Jones has no interest at all in Warford - that Warford wasn't even on their board.” Yes possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom