2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I love games like this; where I'm the casual fan watching a game where defense is clearly optional.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is why Art Briles isn't high on my list as a Texas candidate.

Dating back to his Houston days, his offenses are great but his defenses are always crap. That's pretty common with coaches like him and I don't think I want someone like that at Texas.

Our defense sucks as it is and it needs to be made a priority, and I doubt a guy like Briles would make it one.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Huge play by Bortles and that may have just sealed the game for them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Impressive game deuce. Hats off, mucho respect and all that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Btw, I was so pissed because Baylor held our receivers during our game but they let a bunch of that slide.

So there's that moral victory for me.

D

Deuce

@BCSGuru: George O'Leary will get last laugh on Notre Dame. He'll have more BCS wins than the Irish.

:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Charlie Strong is interviewing with UT.

Fun fact: the first black head coach in the sec was Croom in 2004. Lol, wow what a bunch of racists.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
ND will not be anywhere near the playoff system. Put your mortgage on it. You don't have the speed or the talent. I can list a minimum of 10 teams that will have a better chance to get there than the Irish.
10? Then we're pretty close, huh? The Rose Bowl (probably the best played, hardest hitting bowl game so far) had 1 team that would've been in the playoff and the other team would've been the first team out. ND beat MSU and lost to Stanford by 7 on the road. I'd say we're pretty close.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
@BCSGuru: George O'Leary will get last laugh on Notre Dame. He'll have more BCS wins than the Irish.

:lol
Makes no sense. Does O'Leary care about having the last laugh against ND? He screwed up in his application/resume process with ND. Do you think he actually has some sort of vendetta against ND? Doubt it. If ND offered him the head coaching job again tomorrow he'd be on the first plane to South Bend.

And last night is the pinnacle for UCF. Can't do anything more there. They have no shot of getting in a 4 team playoff ever. They could go undefeated and still wouldn't make it over a ton of teams with one loss (including ND). Good luck with that.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
This is why Art Briles isn't high on my list as a Texas candidate.

Dating back to his Houston days, his offenses are great but his defenses are always crap. That's pretty common with coaches like him and I don't think I want someone like that at Texas.

Our defense sucks as it is and it needs to be made a priority, and I doubt a guy like Briles would make it one.
Charlie Weis would give them a distinct schematic advantage, I would hire him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom