2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We're roughly 25 days away from some real games.

I've got Alabama and Stanford playing for the title with 'Bama going back to back to back.

Hail SEC. :sad

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hope they actually do decide to upgrade the uniforms. They need to get with the times. That stuff actually does help with recruiting.

------------------------------------------

Sooners tired of their iconic uniforms

Oregon, of course, is the headliner -- but the numbers of college programs with multi-uniform approaches grows by the year. If Nebraska -- and Wisconsin, and Michigan -- are giving in to the trend of non-traditional uniforms, can the Sooners be far behind? Maybe. Bob Stoops says it's possible. ... Stoops knows what a firestorm that would cause among older-generation fans. He also knows how attractive it would be to potential recruits. . ... received an email from the father of a former OU player. I thought it was interesting enough to share.

"Berry, I just read your blog on the Baylor gold helmet and the trend of being like Oregon filtering through college football. Let me tell you, my son told me numerous times the players at OU were getting tired of the same uniforms every game, and they were wanting ‘cool’ new looks (especially all the out-of-state players). And they heard many recruits say, ‘why does OU not have a bunch of cool options to wear?"

Berry Tramel - The Oklahoman

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Oklahoma has been focusing on targeting bigger receivers this year instead of of the smurfs they've targeted in the past. This the 3rd 4 star receiver they've brought in who is 6'5" or taller.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four-star Arizona prospect Mark Andrews becomes Oklahoma's third 2014 wide receiver commitment

Published: August 2, 2013 by Jason Kersey

NORMAN — Oklahoma picked up another wide receiver commitment for its class of 2014 on Friday, adding four-star wideout Mark Andrews from Scottsdale, Ariz.

Andrews (6-foot-6, 225 pounds) is considered the ninth-best receiver prospect in the country, according to Rivals.com. He announced his commitment via Twitter.

“Just committed to Oklahoma … couldn’t be more excited for my future to come,” Andrews tweeted. “Thanks for all who have supported me.”

Andrews chose the Sooners over several impressive scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA and Wisconsin.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wanted say that this OU stuff is irrelevent. Then I realized that we only have to wait for bowl season for that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I hope they actually do decide to upgrade the uniforms. They need to get with the times. That stuff actually does help with recruiting.

------------------------------------------

Sooners tired of their iconic uniforms

Oregon, of course, is the headliner -- but the numbers of college programs with multi-uniform approaches grows by the year. If Nebraska -- and Wisconsin, and Michigan -- are giving in to the trend of non-traditional uniforms, can the Sooners be far behind? Maybe. Bob Stoops says it's possible. ... Stoops knows what a firestorm that would cause among older-generation fans. He also knows how attractive it would be to potential recruits. . ... received an email from the father of a former OU player. I thought it was interesting enough to share.

"Berry, I just read your blog on the Baylor gold helmet and the trend of being like Oregon filtering through college football. Let me tell you, my son told me numerous times the players at OU were getting tired of the same uniforms every game, and they were wanting ‘cool’ new looks (especially all the out-of-state players). And they heard many recruits say, ‘why does OU not have a bunch of cool options to wear?"

Berry Tramel - The Oklahoman

Naw man, I think programs like OU should stay really close to the classic look.

I saw a preview of TTU's new unis and I sam very pleased. I think that TTU and teams like them have less of a tradition than classic looking teams like OU, UT and others olike the Cowboys.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey Rev, how is Washington State looking for the year? Does Leach have them looking good?

Rev

Staff member
Hey Rev, how is Washington State looking for the year? Does Leach have them looking good?
Honestly don't know. I don't follow them. Just see if he wins or not. Baylor has caught my attention since that is basically what I have to listen to and also see a bunch of local kids play there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wanted say that this OU stuff is irrelevent. Then I realized that we only have to wait for bowl season for that.
2011 Fiesta Bowl champs.

~Furley sniff~

1bigfan13

Staff member
Honestly don't know. I don't follow them. Just see if he wins or not. Baylor has caught my attention since that is basically what I have to listen to and also see a bunch of local kids play there.
I'm going to the Baylor games vs. Louisiana Monroe and Oklahoma.

Rev

Staff member
All that really matters is that Tech loses.

Rev

Staff member
I find that most Leachers wish for Tech to fail.
Think what you want. Im not getting pulled into that circular argument

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm thinking Alabama/Ohio State with Alabama winning again. I think Alabama is definitely the best team in the country and the only way they don't win it all is if they lose focus and just kind of get bored with being so good.

The Buckeyes schedule is really soft aside from the last game at Michigan which could definitely screw up everything for them. Alabama's schedule is extremely soft so they seem like a solid bet to make it all the way, I'll be going to their game against LSU so that should be a pretty sweet night game.

Stanford's style is too close to the vest, I think they'll end up tripping up somewhere along the way and miss out on the title game despite having probably just 1 or 2 losses and Oregon will probably have a few bumps here and there without Kelly.

As for Maryland, I'll take 7 wins and a bowl game which is somewhat realistic.

gator

Brand New Member
If either OSU or Bama slip up, I think Louisville gets to the title game by running the table.

I'm going to Miami/ UF next month. Probably the only college game I get to this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nothing is ever irrelevant about Oklahoma football. Boomer Sooner..:happydance

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I find that most Leachers wish for Tech to fail.
You find wrong, pal. I will have my guns up just as high as ever this year. :towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You just admitted that you are a Leacher. That is just sad.
I was a big supporter of Leach, but that's not exactly new news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom