Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
Animal Kingdom a very good flick.

Its Australian and has Guy Pierce in it, very interesting plot it surprised me several times which does not happen too often anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Watched " A Lonley Place To Die" on Netflix. Pretty decent movie.

Carl

RIP Brother
Been reading raves about "Boyhood".

Can't wait to see it.

Could be very interesting; reminds me a touch of the 7up movies; of which I just finished watching 49up and 56up. Just think about this, the guy has been filming this documentary series for 49 years now. 56up did feel like the last one; lots of reminiscing. Personally, I would like another one in 7 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been reading raves about "Boyhood".

Can't wait to see it.

It's an interesting concept because the characters are acting but at the same time it is being filmed over enough years for the star of the movie to actually age that much.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was good. It dragged a bit in the middle...slow burn to the big showdown, but when the throwdowns happen it is worth it. Just seeing the little community they built at the beginning was worth it.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Could be very interesting; reminds me a touch of the 7up movies; of which I just finished watching 49up and 56up. Just think about this, the guy has been filming this documentary series for 49 years now. 56up did feel like the last one; lots of reminiscing. Personally, I would like another one in 7 years.
I've seen the entire series. It's very compelling with a lot of bittersweet moments. I'd like to see another as well, Apted is 73 now...if there's another it's got to be the last one.

D

Deuce

Watching Draft Day...it's ok when you need a football fix and I like the casting (Except for P Diddy). But damn these GMs are morons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foobio

DCC 4Life

Far Out Isn't Far Enough

Doc about Tomi Ungerer. Created Flat Stanley and was a tour de force in kids books and all kinds of erotic art, ad work, etc.

Just fucking brilliant. I loved this movie and this guy, his art, his life experience. Truly amazing person.

On netflix instant.

Carl

RIP Brother
Is it just me, or is Gravity appallingly bad. Its' one redeeming quality is that it is short.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is it just me, or is Gravity appallingly bad. Its' one redeeming quality is that it is short.
Its just you. I suggest you watch it again.

:unsure

Carl

RIP Brother
Someone just texted me and said it would have been a better movie if she had died at the end; it would have been better if she had died at the start, saving me an hour.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Gravity was definitly a 3D-movietheater must, watching it on DVD or stream in your PC will take much out of it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gravity was definitly a 3D-movietheater must, watching it on DVD or stream in your PC will take much out of it.
I bet seeing it in Imax might have made the thin plot and lack of character development so much easier to ignore.

D

Deuce

Wes Anderson is always so hit or miss for me. I haven't seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox yet, so I probably haven't really enjoyed one of his movies since The Life Aquatic. But The Grand Budapest Hotel was really good. Nice to see him regain him form.

Top Bottom