Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
So on a whim I went to see Purge 2...5 buck Tuesday...anyways, it had a cool Escape From New York vibe going. Worth a rent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tried to go to Guardians last night...all sold out. Bigger than I thought, but they did great marketing.

D

Deuce

Tried to go to Guardians last night...all sold out. Bigger than I thought, but they did great marketing.
People were raving about it last night on twitter. So crazy that I'm actually looking forward to it at this point with how uninterested I was in the comic.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I was standing in line and looking at the cool poster I was having some Star Wars flashbacks...was amped.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally watched Looper, man that was a very good flick did not know Rian Johnson wrote and directed it or I would have watched it sooner.

Very good writing and acting all around it was one of the few movies that I had no idea how it was going to end .

I have all the faith in the world in Star Wars now.

And that kid was creepy as fuck.:lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So I was going to Guardians Friday with the wife on a date night, but she said my 11 year old wanted to see. We finally saw it today. Everyone loved it. I's give it a solid 4 out of 5. Even my wife who generally doesn't dig the comic book movie thing liked it. Definitely wort a theater look. Some language and lots of sci-fi violence in it so be careful of smaller ones.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I was going to Guardians Friday with the wife on a date night, but she said my 11 year old wanted to see. We finally saw it today. Everyone loved it. I's give it a solid 4 out of 5. Even my wife who generally doesn't dig the comic book movie thing liked it. Definitely wort a theater look. Some language and lots of sci-fi violence in it so be careful of smaller ones.
Heard similar things as well. Thought it was going to be mediocre, but apparently it is good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched this flick called Under The Skin with Scarlett Johansson.

Quite possibly one of the weirdest movies I have watched recently.

It is artistic, certainly. And it has plenty of Johansson fully nude.

Can't decide if I liked it or want the last two hours of my life back.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I've been waiting all year to take the kid to see TMNT tonight. Michael Bay better not fuck this up.

Newt

DCC 4Life
That movie looks like butt.
We really enjoyed it. Of course its not a great movie, but non of the TMNT movies are. Its not like they have a good plot to go off of or anything. The graphics and special effects were good enough, and the fight scenes were pretty cool. I may go see it again just because it was a childhood favorite and now my kid likes them.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Richard Linklater's Boyhood was really good. Very interesting concept as it was shot intermittently over 12 years. The main character was 6 in the first scenes and 18 by the end. It was a bit slow at times and pretty long, but it was a cool coming of age story.

Top Bottom