X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Wilson? He seems to be taboo on this site for some reason. Folks just had an automatic dislike for him but I never heard a reason why. It was just matter of fact with a lot. He wasnít great but he was pretty solid and a person loyal to his team. Just a middle of the toad guy that caught some flak on this site.
    Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Actually, Romo was the wild and unpredictable guy that people loved to bitch about when Garrett had control of the offense. The Romo that was playing more under control wasn't in the offense that Garrett was in charge of.
      It wasn't just people, it was his own teammates. There were several times we saw reports of our own defensive players complaining about Romo audibling too much out of run calls. The only year when Romo seemed more "under control" was 2014 (which was a career yr for him) and Linehan was the OC, and Linehan was handpicked by Garrett and was running Garrett's offense. 2014 was also the monster year Murray had.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
        Wade Wilson? He seems to be taboo on this site for some reason. Folks just had an automatic dislike for him but I never heard a reason why. It was just matter of fact with a lot. He wasnít great but he was pretty solid and a person loyal to his team. Just a middle of the toad guy that caught some flak on this site.
        I guess people didn't like him because he couldn't take a bunch of flubs and turn them into all pro QB's. They all assumed he had nothing to do with developing Romo too, but no one really has any idea if that is true or not.

But supposedly he was the one guy there in the room that absolutely loved Dak Prescott leading up and during the draft.

Comment

• 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
            lostxn

Since you go to the games we expect you to post one with Jerry.
            #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
              Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott
              David Moore said this recently, too. Probably helped that Mullen used a modified version of his offense.

2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

That's actually pretty damn cool.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #Fire Garrett

Comment

• CNN's early mock 26. Dallas Cowboys: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt

Dallas got a few productive games from Blake Jarwin last season and lured Jason Witten out of retirement to return on a one-year deal (2019) in large part to help mentor the teamís young tight ends. The position group would get a significant upgrade with Pinkney, arguably the most complete tight end in this yearís class.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                      CNN's early mock 26. Dallas Cowboys: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt

Dallas got a few productive games from Blake Jarwin last season and lured Jason Witten out of retirement to return on a one-year deal (2019) in large part to help mentor the teamís young tight ends. The position group would get a significant upgrade with Pinkney, arguably the most complete tight end in this yearís class.
                      never too early to talk draft.
                      defense wins championships

Comment

Thats pretty damn cool

(I'm new here, looks like a lot of folks from Cowboys Universe forum are posting here, can I cuss and be obnoxious like I can over there?)

Comment

• Originally posted by yimyammer View Post

Thats pretty damn cool

(I'm new here, looks like a lot of folks from Cowboys Universe forum are posting here, can I cuss and be obnoxious like I can over there?)
                          You can cuss and be even more obnoxious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                            Parcells/Payton found and developed Romo, and Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott, so there's that.
                            Seems like Linehan is getting an overly bad rap and everyone has forgotten how high he was on Dak, with how jeri runs that convoluted organization, who knows why Linehan called plays the way he did, might have had one or both hands tied behind his back or none at all and he really did suck, who knows

(What up dbair! Long time no see since your exodus from CU)

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post

You can cuss and be even more obnoxious.
                              Sweet, How've you been, I was wondering whatever happened to you. Looks like many folks bolted here

Comment

• Originally posted by yimyammer View Post

Seems like Linehan is getting an overly bad rap and everyone has forgotten how high he was on Dak, with how jeri runs that convoluted organization, who knows why Linehan called plays the way he did, might have had one or both hands tied behind his back or none at all and he really did suck, who knows

(What up dbair! Long time no see since your exodus from CU)
                                Linehan got stale everywhere he went. Whether it be Minnesota, to the Rams, Detroit and finally Dallas.

I don't think he is getting a bad rap at all.

And if Prescott is a bullet point on his resume, you can credit guys like Wade Wilson as well. There is just as much, if not more, evidence to demonstrate he had a big role in targeting him.

Comment

Working...
                                X