Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is a major problem.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sounds like Dak is calling out Garrett. Garrett has always been too loose with practice and game preparedness. It one of the reasons the team struggles in the first half a lot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A big problem with our scheme is that Lawrence is not our best pass rusher, Quinn is. He got a shitload of money to go invisibile.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
A big problem with our scheme is that Lawrence is not our best pass rusher, Quinn is. He got a shitload of money to go invisibile.
He's clearly not 100%, and he isn't invisible. Teams are doubling him and chipping him at the highest % of any DE/edge player in the league. There's a reason for that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's clearly not 100%, and he isn't invisible. Teams are doubling him and chipping him at the highest % of any DE/edge player in the league. There's a reason for that.
It is because teams have zero respect for our interior.

p1_

DCC 4Life
many are saying that Quinn is the beneficiary of DLaw's facing multi teaming.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
It is because teams have zero respect for our interior.
Makes me wonder why we spent a 2nd on a "project" DT. He may prove me wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me why you take someone that high who you don't expect to make any immediate impact.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
many are saying that Quinn is the beneficiary of DLaw's facing multi teaming.
As they should. it's true.

Lawrence is a proven good player, he will be fine. I just wish he hadn't waited so long to have that major shoulder surgery.

He'll be ready for a 16 sack season under Urban Meyer next year though.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Makes me wonder why we spent a 2nd on a "project" DT. He may prove me wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me why you take someone that high who you don't expect to make any immediate impact.
They didn't expect him to be a "project" when they took him. I think they clearly believed he had the physical talent to do what they wanted him to do and have some success early on. I don't think they expected probowler-esque or anything but I suspect they believed he'd at LEAST be a solid rotational guy, and give them the ability to let Maliek Collins leave via free agency after this season.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
As they should. it's true.

Lawrence is a proven good player, he will be fine. I just wish he hadn't waited so long to have that major shoulder surgery.

He'll be ready for a 16 sack season under Urban Meyer next year though.
IDK what to make of the Meyer talk, I really don't. Someone on CBS sports radio mentioned how he doesn't make in-game adjustments. Sounds familiar huh?
Is he a good to go NFL coach? Or are we better off going all in on Riley? The young progressive type

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
They didn't expect him to be a "project" when they took him. I think they clearly believed he had the physical talent to do what they wanted him to do and have some success early on. I don't think they expected probowler-esque or anything but I suspect they believed he'd at LEAST be a solid rotational guy, and give them the ability to let Maliek Collins leave via free agency after this season.
Hill only has six games under his belt. But I don't know that he's showing enough to let Collins go :shrug

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
IDK what to make of the Meyer talk, I really don't. Someone on CBS sports radio mentioned how he doesn't make in-game adjustments. Sounds familiar huh?
Is he a good to go NFL coach? Or are we better off going all in on Riley? The young progressive type
He won 3 national championships so I think he knows what he is doing. He also has a track record of hiring excellent assistants.

Jason Garrett would have never led those teams to national championships.

In the end, I'd be happy with Meyer or Riley as I think both would be massive step ups from what we have had in place since 2010.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Hill only has six games under his belt. But I don't know that he's showing enough to let Collins go :shrug
Well duh, I said he was drafted with the idea that he'd give them the ability to let Collins walk.

That said, Collins isnt doing much to warrant a long term deal (neither is Byron Jones or Anthony Brown).

Is he starter materials next year? Doesnt look like it, but maybe a year in the weight room, more technique work and a better coaching staff will get him going.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well duh, I said he was drafted with the idea that he'd give them the ability to let Collins walk.

That said, Collins isnt doing much to warrant a long term deal (neither is Byron Jones or Anthony Brown).

Is he starter materials next year? Doesnt look like it, but maybe a year in the weight room, more technique work and a better coaching staff will get him going.
The sad part is most of us could see he wasn't a good pick at the time. I wish the staff could prove us all wrong but when Joe Fan recognizes the guy didn't do much in college but the team doesn't it's kind of sad.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Sitting here with wood, watching Herbert and Eason looking like NFL QB's. But who am I kidding? Jerry extends Dak, regardless of this season's outcome.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sitting here with wood, watching Herbert and Eason looking like NFL QB's. But who am I kidding? Jerry extends Dak, regardless of this season's outcome.
And Garrett as well.

Youre welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom