2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm actually cool with Garrett riding it out. The last thing we need is Moore or Richard getting on a hot streak and Jerry feeling obligated to give them the full-time job.
That's just absolutely dumb logic. But Jerry so I guess you never know.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Don't know if y'all caught Drew Pearson's comment:
"Not one single NFL team beat the Cowboys. They have beaten themselves".
Bullshit! Good teams don't beat themselves seven times. Not even three, four, or five times. Top teams do it once, maybe twice during a season.
And ohh how our clueless fans loved this comment! Responses like "That's right! We're just fine, we'll be back. Go Cowboys!".
Drew has to be the biggest ass kissing homer of all our former stars. And it's things like this that give the mindless, gullible, uninformed percentage of our fan base false hope. And that percentage has to be at least 50.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bullshit! Good teams don't beat themselves seven times. Not even three, four, or five times. Top teams do it once, maybe twice during a season.
And ohh how our clueless fans loved this comment! Responses like "That's right! We're just fine, we'll be back. Go Cowboys!".
Drew has to be the biggest ass kissing homer of all our former stars. And it's things like this that give the mindless, gullible, uninformed percentage of our fan base false hope. And that percentage has to be at least 50.

Thats not what he is saying, though. He said we beat ourselves. Not one team but us so 7 times we have beat ourselves. Top teams do it one or two times. He is saying that we are a bad team. I wouldnt call that being a homer. I would call that ignorant fans not understanding what he is saying.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Thats not what he is saying, though. He said we beat ourselves. Not one team but us so 7 times we have beat ourselves. Top teams do it one or two times. He is saying that we are a bad team. I wouldnt call that being a homer. I would call that ignorant fans not understanding what he is saying.
Guess I misunderstood what he was saying. I thought he was making excuses for us...saying that we are as good or better than everyone we've played. And that we only made mistakes that cost us games. Didn't register to me that he's saying we're not a good team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hey, lay off Drew. He is no more of an ass kisser than Roger Staubach.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Guess I misunderstood what he was saying. I thought he was making excuses for us...saying that we are as good or better than everyone we've played. And that we only made mistakes that cost us games. Didn't register to me that he's saying we're not a good team.
Yeah, uh huh.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This just confirms to me that Richard is absolutely handcuffed by Garrett and Marinelli. It's really hard to judge these assistants when they are confined by the guys above them on the team. Mike Zimmer wasn't a great coach either until he was actually allowed to run the defense the way he wanted to.
Maybe, but let’s not forget Caroll shitcanned him. Maybe he’s not that good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe, but let’s not forget Caroll shitcanned him. Maybe he’s not that good.
I have said this many times before. Kris Richard is a construct that people made up because he was not Marinelli.

Oooh, here is this guy, he is all passionate and stuff.

I am not going to say he was "handcuffed". Even if he was blocked from the whole D, he still has had plenty of input with the secondary. His one claim to fame was to move Byron Jones from safety to corner. Woot.

Turns out, he is basically a loud mouth who can't even coach his players to turn around and look for the fucking ball or force a goddamn turnover.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have said this many times before. Kris Richard is a construct that people made up because he was not Marinelli.

Oooh, here is this guy, he is all passionate and stuff.

I am not going to say he was "handcuffed". Even if he was blocked from the whole D, he still has had plenty of input with the secondary. His one claim to fame was to move Byron Jones from safety to corner. Woot.

Turns out, he is basically a loud mouth who can't even coach his players to turn around and look for the fucking ball or force a goddamn turnover.

The defense took a big leap forward last year in the first 10 or so games, and it coincided with being his first year here and him calling the defense. It's not surprising that he got a lot of the credit. The luster has definitely come off since then though.

The worst thing is the Rams ran it down our throats in the playoffs last year. It was by far the biggest reason we lost. And it seems like we did absolutely zero to address it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sean Payton was basically shitcanned from the Giants before we got him. That's not always the best way to judge a coach.
judge them on how their players perform or how many theyve developed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
judge them on how their players perform or how many theyve developed.
Well that's the problem. He isn't the defensive coordinator. Do you judge him on the fact that Byron Jones is still a better player than he ever was before? Do you jidge him on Chidobe never developing into shit? Lewis has developed into an excellent player but he refuses to play him unless forced to.

Xavier Woods has developed nicely but he also keeps marching Jeff Heath and other shit safeties on the field. I just don't know who is making these decisions. Regardless I don't think Richard is a legit head coaching candidate. I just don't know if he could be a better defensive coordinator than what we have seen. I'd prefer to just dump him and move on but I don't know the ins and outs of this coaching staff right now. The product is just shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jesus.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
More kicker tryouts tomorrow. Woo hoo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom